Eastern WA Shelter Pit Bull (MIX?)

Postby msvette2u » July 11th, 2007, 1:38 am

Knee deep in BSL this kiddo has few options, and less time. He has until Friday or Saturday of this week!
We're looking for a rescue who can take him in!
We will help transport. We are in the zip code 99350.
Email AlphaMom33@aol.com if you can help this dog!
He is very good natured, people friendly. He's had ONE Parvo shot (single vaccine).

He has some old injuries, we do not know from what.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » July 11th, 2007, 7:16 am

Good luck, Yvette. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby luvmypitties » July 11th, 2007, 8:17 am

He looks sweet I hope someone comes through for him.
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby msvette2u » July 15th, 2007, 2:04 am

This dog is a very people-oriented dog. He acts as if he's going to get hurt (flinches when you go to pet him) but he wags his tail and wants TLC despite all that.
I just cannot keep him and foster him long-term - he has until Monday and we brought him home for a few days to spoil him rotten until then. I'm praying a good foster home becomes available for him...his eyes are so...SOULFUL...

He loves attention, of course!

So beautiful...
msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » July 15th, 2007, 6:23 am

Oh boy...time seems to be running out? "Paws crossed", Yvette.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby msvette2u » July 15th, 2007, 10:54 am

I have a rescue now that MIGHT make room for him by next weekend but we're waiting to see if anyone else has room!!!
Paws crossed here too...
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Beth » July 15th, 2007, 10:37 pm

Paws of everybody here crossed for this beautiful boy.
Mom to
Blaze 3/17/93 - 3/30/07
Onyx b 3/7/99
Duchess b 3/12/02 r 9/18/02
Rifle b 12/1/02 r 8/8/03
Diamond b 5/3/05 a 8/3/05
Luka r 5/16/07
Dixie b 10/20/06 a 4/1/08
Beth
Enlightened Bully

Postby msvette2u » July 17th, 2007, 10:44 am

We've named this dog NOAH.

He's with us for at least a week.

Noah was picked up on the side of a road by a very kind gentleman who called Animal control.

Since I'm the only one doing anything with the animals in the city at this time, I went and got him and put him in the shelter. The man felt he'd been struck by a car, possibly - said his back end was "shaky" when he picked him up.

I saw the old scuffs and scabs and didn't think much of it.

When I contacted City hall to let them know of the impound, and told them "it's a pit bull" I was told "Oh, just euthanize it now!"

Well I happen to know there's a legal 72hr. hold and besides, it breaks my heart to have to euthanize a dog, just because we have BSL in that town.

I decided to put out the word that he was available to a rescue, and I did just that.

However, no rescue was found that would take him! And as I interacted with him daily, I discovered he was a very sweet and submissive dog, and just really loved people, as we all know pit bulls do.

To me, his demeanor is that someone has been very heavy-handed with him. He's not snappy AT ALL of course (or he would not be with us) but when you go to pet, he flinches.

And I KNOW this area well enough to know that abuse is quite common, I've worked as an ACO for three years here and saw people smack and kick their dogs around more often than I can count.

Well a few days ago, on Saturday, Noah came to our place. I figured I'd spoil him up and love him up before the "big day" came on Monday (yesterday) and I had to euthanize him because of the BSL and the fact no other rescue would take him.

He also seemed to be injured in his back end, which became apparent when he came here, moreso than it had at the shelter. We didn't know what was wrong and he needed vet care.

At the 11th hour, so to speak, I managed to wangle a few donations so I could have him seen by a vet locally (they said he was only bruised, no fractures in pelvis or legs or back!) and I found a Seattle-based rescue to take him. She isn't even a pit rescue and she's taking him because she saw the same thing I did, in his eyes. Pure trust, and pure love, despite what he's been through at the hands of people.

Talk about a lucky dog! And a reminder of why I do rescue!

You see, there are dogs you think "Oh that dog probably wouldn't have made it, if it weren't for us". And then, there's dogs whose fate was literally in your hands, and because of you, he IS alive now. And that's Noah...he had a death sentence, 1st due to his breed, and 2nd due to his injuries. Because of 2 very wonderful people (one is on this board) I was able to get him in to the vet to determine why he is somewhat lame.

And because, despite a woeful inadequacy when dealing with a potentially DA dog, we still opened our home to him, he would not be here, literally.

And because another wonderful rescue woman, who isn't even a pit bull rescue, opened her heart and her door to him, he IS here, and he's going to get that second shot at live so many other dogs dream of.

Noah will be with us until, hopefully, Saturday, when he'll be altered and go to the new rescue.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Jenn » July 18th, 2007, 12:36 am

Awwww, good luck Noah!!! Thanks for helping him :)
Jenn
undecided

Postby msvette2u » July 22nd, 2007, 1:23 am

Noah went to his new rescuer today.
He'll be spending 2-3 days with a trainer, being assessed.
As I dropped him off, he went right into the spay/neuter station to be altered! Yay!
Oh and the big scab on his head was falling off, too!
You can make an inquiry about adopting to:
ProjPlus@qwest.net
msvette2u
I live here

Postby amazincc » July 22nd, 2007, 2:02 am

Oh, I love those eyes... thanks, Yvette, for giving him a chance... :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby luvmypitties » July 22nd, 2007, 11:20 am

Good luck Noah!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby msvette2u » July 29th, 2007, 11:59 am

In a message dated 7/28/2007 10:43:38 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, ProjPlus@qwest.net writes:

My goodness! That boy has literally turned everyone upside down here with his charm.
My boarder/trainer is determined to find him a home.
He was scheduled to go to his foster home last Tuesday and John asked if he could stay at the facility longer as he wanted to show him to his sister for possible adoption.
He can’t stop talking about how “super cuteâ€
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Beth » July 29th, 2007, 12:54 pm

Noah is beautiful. I am glad he is getting that second chance.
Mom to
Blaze 3/17/93 - 3/30/07
Onyx b 3/7/99
Duchess b 3/12/02 r 9/18/02
Rifle b 12/1/02 r 8/8/03
Diamond b 5/3/05 a 8/3/05
Luka r 5/16/07
Dixie b 10/20/06 a 4/1/08
Beth
Enlightened Bully

Return to Rescue