It wasn't me but a rescue in Idaho. Remember a few weeks prior to when the other board closed, there was an "urgent puppies in Idaho"? I responded and these are the dogs. What's odd is I offered to foster and spay if the original group would pay for the spay. They said "well only if the puppies can be indoors, and if we could get back the spay fee from the adoption fee (that I charged when I adopted them out)". I told them our dogs are kenneled outside with dogloos in their kennels which are in a fenced yard as well, when we're gone to work. Apparently the dogs don't like the wind!????
The other thing was I learned they charged MORE of an adoption fee and planned to refund the spay fee already to the adopters! So the fact they wanted to get the adoption fee I should happen to charge, on top of an increased adoption fee to the adopters (part of which could have been refunded) seemed odd to me.
Plus the girls are 5mos. and they wanted to wait until they are 6mos. to spay!? IMO, a rescue group should have done a pediatric spay before adopting them out.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.