Weight pull in Austin?

AZ, NM, OK, TX

Postby The Diesel » November 13th, 2007, 10:55 pm

I heard talk somewhere of a weight pull competition near Austin, i think it was a town called Menchaca or something. Anyway anyone know anything about this? I think it was Dec. 1-2 and again on Dec. 15-16. Im in Houston and me and the girlfriend and my brother would love to go, this will be our first event.
The Diesel
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Jenn » November 14th, 2007, 3:47 pm

http://www.iwpa.net/Calendar/region08.htm

I don't know anything about it, but there is some information. :)
Jenn
undecided

Postby The Diesel » November 15th, 2007, 12:15 am

Yessssssssssssss, we are so there. Im really excited, I plan on taking Trouble so he can watch. Is there any type of etiquette that I should be aware of at a weight pull competition?
The Diesel
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Jenn » November 15th, 2007, 12:34 am

I'll simply share my own experience with you, and you can go from there......... If possible leave any dogs at home that won't be competing. I'd definitely suggest going for the questions, experience, etc. Especially if it is something you may be interested in getting involved in.

I went to ONE show, and was so totally turned off it was unbelievable. It was in Liberty though, and years ago. Hopefully, you will have a much better experience than I did, I really really hope ya'll do. I've talked myself into going to another now, just waiting for one to be closer to my area.
Jenn
undecided

Postby The Diesel » November 15th, 2007, 1:34 am

On November 14 2007, 11:34 PM, Jenn wrote:I'll simply share my own experience with you, and you can go from there......... If possible leave any dogs at home that won't be competing. I'd definitely suggest going for the questions, experience, etc. Especially if it is something you may be interested in getting involved in.

I went to ONE show, and was so totally turned off it was unbelievable. It was in Liberty though, and years ago. Hopefully, you will have a much better experience than I did, I really really hope ya'll do. I've talked myself into going to another now, just waiting for one to be closer to my area.

Interesting lol, we can leave trouble at home, thats no big deal. I am very interested in weight pulling and hop trouble will be to when the time is right.
The Diesel
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby maberi » November 15th, 2007, 10:17 am

What about the experience turned you off?

On November 14 2007, Jenn wrote:I'll simply share my own experience with you, and you can go from there......... If possible leave any dogs at home that won't be competing. I'd definitely suggest going for the questions, experience, etc. Especially if it is something you may be interested in getting involved in.

maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby Jenn » November 15th, 2007, 1:48 pm

People, dogs, vendors, pretty much the whole experience. I can say that I enjoyed actually watching the pulling when I was able to see the dogs actually do it. Most of them wouldn't even pull. :| It was disorganized, and just disgusting...

That's a different organization as well, the one I went to was ADBA show there were only pit bulls there. That one is IWPA. I wonder what dog breeds it's for? All? Their logo looked like it had a Husky in it.
Jenn
undecided

Postby The Diesel » November 15th, 2007, 7:01 pm

Aw dang, i just wanna see pits.
The Diesel
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Jenn » November 15th, 2007, 8:44 pm

http://www.lsspbc.com/files/nov2007ADBA_ad.jpg

That is next weekend in Cleburne, but no weight pull....

Maybe someone else will know what breeds IWPA pulls are..
Jenn
undecided

Postby luvmypitties » November 16th, 2007, 9:28 am

On November 15 2007, 7:44 PM, Jenn wrote:http://www.lsspbc.com/files/nov2007ADBA_ad.jpg

That is next weekend in Cleburne, but no weight pull....

Maybe someone else will know what breeds IWPA pulls are..

Isnt IWPA stand International Weight Pull Association? I think all breeds are welcome. husky is in their logo as that was the reason for weight pull, testing the sled dogs.
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Return to South West