The Incredibull Bull-ympics, September 8-9, 2007!

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby Big_Ant » November 14th, 2006, 2:56 pm

On 11/14/2006 10:52 AM, mnp13 wrote:Oh, be very, very careful with priceline. 2 connections sounds great, but you could have layovers that are 8 hours long. You could also end up on flights that make no sense at all, such as flying to Florida, then to Detroit and then to Rochester; or something silly like that. Yes, you'll get here with only two stops but it will not be fun. Your whole trip could take 18 hours or somthign obscene like that.

Also, look into flying to Buffalo. It is an hour from Rochester, but often has fairs that are 20% (or more) cheaper. There is a chance that it will be in Syracuse, but that is only about an hour farther east.

Don't make any hotel reservations that you can't cancel, but as long as you get to the Buffalo/Rochester/Syarcuse area you'll be fine. You'll probably want to go to Buffalo at some point in the trip anyway to see Niagara Falls.

If you want to do a day trip or overnight without your dog, I know a couple Pit friendly kennels or they could probably stay at my house (on a crate and rotate of course)

Trust me, we have some AWESOME things in the works for next year, including a new event that we came up with and I have been grinning over since Sunday's meeting.

Thanks.

I'm thinking that the driving might be the best option.

The baby will be around 18 months by then, and will have plenty of entertainment with the other kids and the dog.

We can make stops for all of the normal stuff, and maybe a few spot shots as well.

I figure 48 hours would be about right for the trip.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby mnp13 » November 14th, 2006, 3:03 pm

Garlic Gal (Nancy) drove out last year, you should talk to her.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Big_Ant » November 15th, 2006, 11:54 am

Thanks Michelle.

I'm going to mull this over a bit.

The wife was semi-interested in going, but the concerns she had were that September is school time for the kids, and taking time off is not something we teach them. It's also a pretty hefty drive, and she thinks the baby would be much more suited for that kind of ride the following year (Bullympics 2008?).

I'm going to think it over and we'll talk about it for the next couple months and try and find a decision.

I'd love to go myself if she didn't want to, but I don't think that would work out, we'll see.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby bouvierz » November 17th, 2006, 12:37 pm

On November 14 2006, Big_Ant wrote:.

If so, I'd be the annoying guy in the crowd yelling, "That ain't sh*t, my dog could beat that!"

- Anthony

Sorry Ant but that position has already been taken. My 5 year old , Madison, was at the last BO talking smack. She told everyone that this year she's going to bring her dog because he is real fast 8)
bouvierz
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » November 17th, 2006, 11:28 pm

On November 17 2006, 11:37, bouvierz wrote:
On November 14 2006, Big_Ant wrote:.

If so, I'd be the annoying guy in the crowd yelling, "That ain't sh*t, my dog could beat that!"

- Anthony

Sorry Ant but that position has already been taken. My 5 year old , Madison, was at the last BO talking smack. She told everyone that this year she's going to bring her dog because he is real fast 8)

Good point. I think you'll have some stiff compititon Anthony
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby jamesarbys » January 26th, 2007, 10:02 pm

I am a graphic designer and I do fine arts also. So if you need any logos or posters or anything done let me know. all free of charge
jamesarbys
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » January 28th, 2007, 11:54 am

On January 26 2007, 21:02, jamesarbys wrote:I am a graphic designer and I do fine arts also. So if you need any logos or posters or anything done let me know. all free of charge

thanks for the offer!!!

We have a logo already, but we'll definately hit you up for a few things as the event gets closer.

We are having a raffle and silent auction, so if you have any ideas for that, I'm all ears! Most people are dieing for Pit Bull art work...
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Garlic Gal » February 17th, 2007, 6:22 am

Michelle

Have you gotten a hold of any of the below mentioned photos?
From your earlier post.

(I have a photo of the weight pull winner from a different event.)

I finished the one of Ruby, Coco and the hangtime dog.

(I can stage Ruby jumping. Vega was fastest dog the whole weekend so I can take one of her running. I have one of Riggs for hang time. Your dog won dock diving, so you're set there. I would like Xanny in the center spot (if that's ok) since she is our first and only VB title holder.)

Nancy
Garlic Gal
Just Whelped

Postby Jeni » April 3rd, 2007, 5:19 pm

Do you guys have a address for the event? or at least what city is it in? I'm interested in going, but am wondering how long the drive is.
dee de dee
Jeni
Confident Young Bully

Postby TinaMartin » April 6th, 2007, 8:39 am

Jeni, The bull-ympics was at Over Rover Training Center last year. It is not to far from Syracuse New York. If you have an opportunity to attend it is well worth it. I took Gator last year and it was a great time. Horrible weather rain and all! The people are great and the dogs had a great time. It was good to be around a pile of bully people and not judged for having a great dog. Gator is very well known in the neighborhood and when people don't know him I still hear people yell at their kids to get away from that god awful huge pit(and Gator isn't even a pit bull, he is an American Bulldog) Then we have to go through the whole education process of bully breeds and that they arnt bad dogs but can be the most loving dogs in the world. So it was great to be at an all bully event where everyone just wants to have fun and you can talk dog all day long if you want. Gator had fun in the events that we did and everyone had great pointers for the new-bees like me, especially with the weight pull. You can go to the bull-ympics web site from last year to get an idea of what you get to participate in at the event. Hope you can come it should be even more fun this year. :ROFL2:
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby mnp13 » April 6th, 2007, 1:11 pm

The next Bull-ympics is going to be in Rochester, NY. We have not completed securing the venu as of yet though.

Tina - we're glad you had such a good time!!!!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby lellis34 » April 6th, 2007, 1:59 pm

I wanna go! :D
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby TinaMartin » April 6th, 2007, 3:41 pm

YOU MEAN I DON'T HAVE TO DRIVE!!!!!!! YEA :mrHappy: That means I can definitely come both days! I should also be able to help with stuff this year if you need. I will also be making a vinyl pet mat for food and water bowls that is hand stenciled to raffle I just have to make a good bully stencil that would look good on the mat.
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby maberi » April 10th, 2007, 2:21 pm

Wow, who knew something so exciting was going on right in my back yard. I look forward to seeing everyone and their dogs :)
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby Judy » May 16th, 2007, 10:21 pm

Sounds like fun. You guys got a Holiday Inn out there?
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby TinaMartin » May 17th, 2007, 9:02 am

Why yes, yes we do! Please come and join us. By the way anyone want to volunteer some time to help run it this year. The individuals who have organized this event did an amazing job last year but literally ran themselves ragged. Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby maberi » May 17th, 2007, 9:05 am

I spoke with Michelle about this last week and they are still strapped for volunteers. From the sounds of it, they really need more people to volunteer to help

On May 17 2007, Tina Martin wrote:Why yes, yes we do! Please come and join us. By the way anyone want to volunteer some time to help run it this year. The individuals who have organized this event did an amazing job last year but literally ran themselves ragged. Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby lellis34 » May 17th, 2007, 9:14 am

I'll volunteer! I just need someone to tell me when I'd need to get there, when I can leave, where I can stay, if I can bring King, and what you need me to do. Is it still in Rochester?
Tuck: “you can say that again”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby TinaMartin » May 17th, 2007, 10:45 am

They definitely need people. Any time that someone could provide would be good. Last year the whole thing was pulled off by like 6 people, but with the amount of work they did it seemed a lot more like 20. Even if you feel you can only give a few hours on one day I know that they would appreciate it. It is not fair to ask a few people to organize and run an entire event. And yes I volunteered for both days plus a donation to the raffle table. By the way Michelle the pet mats are half done cant wait to show you the bully designs that I came up with. Someones dogs are going to eat in true bully style. I am doing 4 different ones instead of the 2 that I told you because I could not make up my mind.
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby luvmypitties » May 17th, 2007, 11:17 am

I am going to talk to my boyfriend and see if we could come up there for that weekend. Are hotels fairly cheap up there?? I think it would be so much fun and if I did come up I would love to help out with anything you needed me to.
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

PreviousNext

Return to North East