The Incredibull Bull-ympics - 2006

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby ellie@ny » July 18th, 2006, 3:34 pm

I found that info earlier Michelle!
My problem is,I will be there for 2-3 days,haven't decided yet,and I'm not sure after a day of having fun outside with the dogs,I will miss having a shower for that long specially in a warm weather... :D lol
Because there is no shower there right? :| At the campsite?
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Pitcrew » July 18th, 2006, 6:24 pm

I think there are actual campsites, with showers and stuff, that may be off site... but are closer than most of the hotels.
You could do a search I guess... (Michelle... thats your cue! :D maybe add that to the site?)
I thought there was one in Weedsport. I will check on it later.
"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be;
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be;
But, Performance indicates what the animal actually is."
- author unknown
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Picturesque » July 21st, 2006, 6:33 pm

So who is definately going and what do you plan to compete in? Looking forward to meeting some new folks and taking tons of pics!!

~kie~
Picturesque
Just Whelped

Postby grizzly » July 21st, 2006, 7:22 pm

well- me and grizzly will be there weight pulling
its quite easy to spot us (look for the big dog)
see every one there!!!
grizzly
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » July 21st, 2006, 8:36 pm

grizzly wrote:well- me and grizzly will be there weight pulling
its quite easy to spot us (look for the big dog)
see every one there!!!

You're coming!??!??!?!

YAY!!!!!!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby grizzly » July 22nd, 2006, 12:18 am

yep - i got fired from that job that was taking up all my valuable time !!
i wasn't arguing ! ha!ha!ha! :|
grizzly
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby ellie@ny » August 6th, 2006, 7:31 pm

Sadly Maya will be in heat in those days... :( I checked the calendar twice...
Anyway we will going up for only Saturday for the TT's and we'll see what else! :D I would love to try out with her WP but now she will might be in heat,I don't think it's possible..... :(
Anyway I send my TT entries tomorrow...
Ellie
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » August 6th, 2006, 10:54 pm

I don't see why she can't compete if she's in heat. I'm not sure of the IWPA rules about that, but the rest of the compititon should be ok.

Of course, it will be your job to keep a close eye on her and perhaps to double crate her for her safety, but outside of that I don't see a problem.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Karen » August 6th, 2006, 11:01 pm

mnp13 wrote:I don't see why she can't compete if she's in heat. I'm not sure of the IWPA rules about that, but the rest of the compititon should be ok.

Of course, it will be your job to keep a close eye on her and perhaps to double crate her for her safety, but outside of that I don't see a problem.

A female shouldn't pull while in heat it could hurt her. During this wonderfully hormonal time her hips are lax and you can royally screw them up enough to fail OFA later on. Dilly doesn't even get to be anything other than couch tater tot while she's in heat.

I can't believe IWPA would let a female in heat pull either because the scent on the track.
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby Romanwild » August 6th, 2006, 11:04 pm

Yeah, I love attending an event with my intact male when there are females in heat around. lol

IWPA rules:
section 4
A.5
No bitch in season shall be allowed to compete or allowed to be on premises.

A.6
No pregnant or nursing bitch shall be allowed to compete in an IWPA event.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby ellie@ny » August 7th, 2006, 7:19 am

Romanwild wrote:Yeah, I love attending an event with my intact male when there are females in heat around. lol

IWPA rules:
section 4
A.5
No bitch in season shall be allowed to compete or allowed to be on premises.

A.6
No pregnant or nursing bitch shall be allowed to compete in an IWPA event.

I know the rules Charles,that's why I won't compete.But we can go for the TT,as last ones,so I will take that. :D
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » August 7th, 2006, 8:31 am

Like I said, I don't see why your dog can't compete in the other events :|
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Karen » August 7th, 2006, 8:35 am

mnp13 wrote:Like I said, I don't see why your dog can't compete in the other events :|

Better check with IWPA about that Michelle. They say no in heat bitches on the premesis, that could mean just the WP area or the whole shooting match. I have no idea I haven't ever don IWPA but the on premesis thing seems pretty definite :|
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby grizzly » August 7th, 2006, 6:49 pm

there's definitly no females in heat allowed at the premeses
michelle- i know it seems like its not that big of a deal but take as many dog as you guys will have (anyone who has ever competed at a pet expo knows what i mean) its crazy.even the best trained / controlled dog go to crap when females in heat are around. some people take competitions real seriously.not to mention almost every dog fight i seen growing up was over bitches in heat.-women, they drive us all CRAZY!!!
grizzly
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » August 7th, 2006, 9:50 pm

I believe the CGC, TDI and TT allow dogs in heat to title.

We'll just have to let people know to keep their dogs crated when they are not being worked
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Romanwild » August 7th, 2006, 9:56 pm

I find it hard to beleive they would allow that. Dreyfus is nuts when he's around one. Won't listen, really edgy.

Recently there must have been one near us in heat because He was crazy fssor 2 weeks then he went back to normal. Never did fssigure out where that dog was.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby mnp13 » August 7th, 2006, 10:01 pm

There was a bitch in heat at the TT that I titled Ruby and Connor at. It was a German Shepherd and was crated in the office - which is why I had to leave Connor in the car with Ruby.

From the ATTS entry form:
6. In compliance with ATTS regulations, bitches in season will be tested last. Bitches in season should not be in or near the
testing area prior to being tested.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Karen » August 8th, 2006, 8:54 am

mnp13 wrote:There was a bitch in heat at the TT that I titled Ruby and Connor at. It was a German Shepherd and was crated in the office - which is why I had to leave Connor in the car with Ruby.

From the ATTS entry form:
6. In compliance with ATTS regulations, bitches in season will be tested last. Bitches in season should not be in or near the
testing area prior to being tested.

Yeah but you invited IWPA there to hold a sanctioned pull. This is where it gets sticky. You know how late the pulls go to and you've already been told females in season aren't allowed on the site at all. This is a very serious thing that could piss a LOT of people off if IWPA pulls points because of it. This isn't something to be glossed over it needs to be dealt with or you guys could be up crap creek without a paddle.
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby Romanwild » August 8th, 2006, 9:08 am

I agree. No females in heat on the premises. Not just because of the IWPA. Because it's bad news all around. I don't like that the UKC allows it in the show ring.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby ellie@ny » August 8th, 2006, 6:33 pm

No worries guys!I won't go now!Sadly I sent my entries just on Monday,I don't know who's getting it,please don't use my checks,just cut it in half and throw it away!Thanks!
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

PreviousNext

Return to North East