The Incredibull Bull-ympics - 2006

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby grizzly » August 8th, 2006, 9:47 pm

No worries guys!I won't go now!Sadly I sent my entries just on Monday,I don't know who's getting it,please don't use my checks,just cut it in half and throw it away!Thanks!

please come to the event just count out you bitch until the next one,there are tons of events for dogs coming up this fall/winter.
grizzly
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Leslie H » August 10th, 2006, 7:19 pm

Hey, I'm being lazy. what's the hotel situation like? I'm thinking of doing another college visit and dog event tour. Owen's supposed to visit Colgate and Hamilton, that's my excuse for spending the gas money to be up there. If I slave Owen out to work the weight pull both days, does that get me a cut in entry price? I know it's not the same as me volunteering, but you guys saw him at Enfield, he'll work long and hard.
Sorry to be a cheap pita, but I really shouldn't be doing this in the first place.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby mnp13 » August 10th, 2006, 11:52 pm

If Owen would like to give you his volunteer credits that's fine with me!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jessie's_mom » August 13th, 2006, 1:17 pm

I PMed mnp13 about dogs having to compete to be there, and she said no, but that they'd have to be crated and not allowed to walk around with me watching the events. Lisa returned an e-mail of mine, with the same question that I sent a while ago (before getting an answer from mnp13) and she said it was fine for dogs to go as long as they were leashed....
the only reason I bring this up is because I don't know which is the answer I should go with :? , though I do have a preference...lol...I am coming from Va (we never have pit bull oriented things down here) and am looking forward to it, but my friend and I are bringing our pups and we need to start getting our game plan finalized, so I need the most information possible, since it'll be hard (and cost money) to change plans once we're up there. If we can't keep the dogs with us at the event w/o crates, we're planning on coming fri and some of saturday....if we can keep the dogs with us we'll be in NY from Friday to Monday...please let me know, so I know what to do about the hotel reservation we already have...THANKS!!!! :)
"To Be Great Is To Be Misunderstood."-Emerson
Jessie's_mom
Just Whelped

Postby Pitcrew » August 13th, 2006, 4:52 pm

Hey guys... I just want to keep you up to date...

We are counting down now, less than 3 weeks! There is a topic that I would like to clarify, that even myself had not taken into complete consideration until a recent incident brought to my attention caused me to reconsider what I have told people.

A couple of people have emailed me and asked if they kept their dogs with them, on leash (obviously), would they need to crate their dog?
When we originally recommended the crating rule, I was thinking about it for the dogs safety... no tie outs... no leaving dogs in a car... etc.

I have forgotten that this is expected to be a large event. Hopefully the first of many, I would expect to double (or triple) attendance in the future if it goes even remotely as we hope. I also forgot this is to expose and educate people who may not be as experienced or dog savvy with our breed, as others of us. It is all of our responsibility to learn and educate the newbies and those who don't know our breed.

It seems simple... even obvious... to keep our dogs, no matter how friendly, or non dog aggressive, away from others because theirs may not be. I attend large dog events all year. Shows with anywhere from 200 to 2000+ dogs in attendance. At these events dogs who are not entered aren't allowed to attend.
We don't want to make this rule.
Because we want you to be able to try different things and enjoy the event with your dog, and we are allowing day-of entries, we will allow non entered dogs to attend.

At a show or trial of any kind, a dog pulling (or even walking nicely) at the end of a 6 foot leash, is NOT what we consider under control, in this, or any kind of crowd. Many people think because their dog is "with" them or on leash that they are under control enough.
I must remind people frequently what "control" is. And I don't care that it is the 'other' dog who snarked at them. We want to avoid ANY incidents. No matter whose fault or how minor.
There WILL be media at the event. We must set the example. If we want the public to give our dogs a fair shake, there are NO excuses.
You must also realize there will be all types, there may be people who may be less than responsible, there to make trouble (or headlines), or just someone naive enough to do so accidentally.
The rule for crating when not waiting to compete is not just a recommendation for your dogs safety, and relaxation (dog shows can be stressful and tiring for most dogs) but for their protection (and yours).
It might be nice to relax and have your dog with you all day the way you would go to a park or other dog friendly place. But remember, you may be too distracted watching the many events going on all day to give proper attention to the other end of your leash at every moment. As well as the fact a dog not properly socialized to this type of event could be very distracting to the dogs competing if they are too close to the ring.

So keep in mind you can be much closer and have a better view of the events you want to watch, without your dog. Let him rest in his crate and wait his turn. You will be glad you brought it.

I apologise to anyone I told 'I didn't think it would be a problem'. But with all of the incidents that occur at dog shows (usually NON bull breeds) we need to take precautions because we will be under a lot of scrutiny.

You all know WE need to be more responsible than the average dog owner. This is NOT the average dog SHOW. We CANT be too careful. Please understand, and help us. Think of how nice it would be to read in the paper or hear on the news about an event with dozens (or hundreds) of "pitbulls" and not ONE incident! We want this to be like the Sturgis (sp?) for bull breeds, instead of motorcycles. A known annual event with a good reputation.

Hey, if any of you have extra crates that you want to donate to rescue, or loan, or rent to someone attending for the weekend, that would be great!
I did hear from a couple of people who dont have (?) a crate.

Thanks... cant wait to meet you all and your dogs.
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby TBB » August 14th, 2006, 10:13 am

Hi everyone! We are looking forward to attending this event and offering our homemade dog biscuits for sale. We look forward to meeting many of you and your humans too! We have included some info about our treats below and will gladly accept any ideas, suggestions, special orders, etc. before the event. We will also be offering ceramic crate tags that can be personalized while you wait.
See you all on Labor Day weekend,
Alice & Evie
Two Beggin' Boxers
http://www.twobegginboxers.com
twobegginboxers@yahoo.com

Two Beggin' Boxers offers all natural homemade treats baked with human grade ingredients that are sure to satisfy the most discriminating canine palate. We use ingredients such as stone ground whole wheat flour, rye flour, oat flour, rolled oats, honey, blackstrap molasses, ginger, carob, fresh ground peanut butter, Parmesan cheese, Brewer's yeast flakes, chicken broth, garlic, parsley, basil, cinnamon, applesauce, canola oil, and filtered water.

The following varieties will be available in small heart shaped treats: Apple Cinnamon (Wheat Free), Brewer's Yeast & Garlic, Ginger Snaps(wheat free), Parmesan Herb, and Peanut Butter. These are all available in a 2 oz bag for $2.00, a 1/2 lb. bag for $5.95 or a 1 lb. bag for $10.95.

We also have small bite sized Training Tidbits available in the following flavors: Apple Cinnamon (Wheat Free), Ginger Snaps (wheat free), and Peanut Butter. These are sold in a 2 oz bag for $2.00, or a 6 oz bag for $4.75.
TBB
Just Whelped

Postby Leslie H » August 16th, 2006, 5:58 pm

Well, I sent off my entries, got my hotel reservations (they seem to be going fast), and I'm really looking forward to this.
A question, can I rejoin IWPA at the show? I found my card, and it expired 6/30.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby mnp13 » August 16th, 2006, 6:05 pm

Leslie H wrote:Well, I sent off my entries, got my hotel reservations (they seem to be going fast), and I'm really looking forward to this.
A question, can I rejoin IWPA at the show? I found my card, and it expired 6/30.

We're looking forward to it as well! Yes, you can join at the event.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Purple » August 16th, 2006, 8:38 pm

Whatever happened to the t-shirts for the event?
Purple
I live here

Postby mnp13 » August 16th, 2006, 8:48 pm

Purple wrote:Whatever happened to the t-shirts for the event?

What do you mean?

You can order one with the event registration form, we'll send it to you if you can't make the event.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Purple » August 17th, 2006, 6:53 am

OH, ok, I thought we were doing a pre order sort of thing!
Purple
I live here

Postby mnp13 » August 17th, 2006, 9:04 am

Purple wrote:OH, ok, I thought we were doing a pre order sort of thing!

Yes... placing an order on your entry form is a "pre-order" we are not goinig to have many shirts at the event, so if you don't pre-order there is no guarentee that you'll be able to get one. There will be no long sleeve shirts available there
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » August 30th, 2006, 5:56 pm

Have a GREAT time guys!!! I soo wish I could join you! Maybe next year!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby ellie@ny » August 30th, 2006, 7:01 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Have a GREAT time guys!!! I soo wish I could join you! Maybe next year!

Me too! :(
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby latida » September 2nd, 2006, 12:05 am

Hope the weather doesn't get too bad, will they cancel in case it rains?
latida
Just Whelped

Postby pibblegrl » September 3rd, 2006, 9:56 pm

I hope everyone who is participating or just going to watch is having a great time!
I wish I could be down there spectating...I hope to see pics? :D
Candi

God created idiots as an endless source of amusement for the rest of us!
pibblegrl
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Previous

Return to North East