Frisbee competition

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 23rd, 2006, 9:22 am

There is a frisbee tourney at Saratoga, NY on Saturday, the info is at http://www.saratogaarcfestival.org/Dog%20Frisbee.htm

It will be Tess' first competition ever, and Jack will also be competing. Should be a fun day!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby SisMorphine » May 23rd, 2006, 9:32 am

I was thinking the other day that I wish I could actually throw a frisbee because Halo would be awesome at it!! He flies through the air for his ball, and he does little crazy tricks in the air, reminding me of the Border Collies I've seen do frisbee. But, alas, I can't throw a frisbee for money. We'll just stick with everything else we have on our plate for competition purposes.

Good luck to Tess! I'm sure she's going to rock it :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 23rd, 2006, 7:06 pm

Bad news, I talked to her regular vet, who said it was ok for her to go. I talked to the receptionist (who is a moron) at the vets where she was spayed, and she said it was fine. I talked to the vet tech, who gave me some cautions, but thought it would be ok. Then I talked to the vet who did the surgery, who said Tess should not jump for 2 months, and she should NOT go to the show.

It has been a little over a week since her spay, it will be nearly 2 weeks on the day of competition, so it sounds like it would be safer not to run her.

I just don't want her hurt. They made it sound like one week and she would be back to normal, but I worry. What do you guys think?

Sis, I can teach you how to throw a frisbee, it is really easy once someone walks you through it. I learned in 5 minutes and went on to place second that afternoon in our first frisbee conpetition in CA!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby luvmyangels » May 23rd, 2006, 7:18 pm

What a bummer. :(

I am trying to think how long I was told after each speutering for my dogs. I am not sure.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Return to North East