Dog Sports Open, August 28-29, 2010, St. Johns, MI

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby TheRedQueen » August 13th, 2010, 11:38 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Do we get to see it??? Or know what it says???

You get to be surprised! :cheeky3:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby TheRedQueen » August 14th, 2010, 11:28 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:We're coming out Friday, staying the night, competing Saturday, staying the night and heading home on Sunday...so I don't have to take too much time off! :) John called Cheryl to make sure we didn't need to do anything on Sunday! ;)

Change of plans! We're leaving Thursday night, so we'll be out there earlier on Friday. :)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 14th, 2010, 11:42 pm

:rock: :rock: :rock:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » August 15th, 2010, 11:56 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:We're coming out Friday, staying the night, competing Saturday, staying the night and heading home on Sunday...so I don't have to take too much time off! :) John called Cheryl to make sure we didn't need to do anything on Sunday! ;)

Change of plans! We're leaving Thursday night, so we'll be out there earlier on Friday. :)

WOO HOO!!!!!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » August 16th, 2010, 12:35 am

Yeah I figured we're both night people...why wait until Friday morning to leave? lol

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » August 18th, 2010, 1:09 pm

Cheryl Carlson wrote:My body may be slower, but my brain still can dance...

and make you all wonder if you should take the chance...

to dare to step on the DSO field!

The weather will be warm, so don't fail to yield..

to your protective instincts of your best friend, the dog on the lead!

Or, do you leave him/her to fend for themselves, when the skies open up?

Trust is key, sacrifice is needed...
watch when you can, and feel for the rest,

age old childhood games come to mind, which one will be used?

Or do we just all laugh at the contestant being abused???
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby maberi » August 18th, 2010, 1:59 pm

Good luck to everyone attending. I'm sure it will be a blast!
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby TheRedQueen » August 18th, 2010, 4:05 pm

John says that if water is involved that he and Sawyer take an automatic "FAIL"

TheRedQueen

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 18th, 2010, 4:26 pm

Why??? Bad for his chair?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » August 18th, 2010, 5:01 pm

Don't count yourselves out early... the answer to every question is "yes"

So... if you are worried about "rain..." bring your own umbrellas (or even a tarp), and then have any decoys on the field hold them over you... the entire time.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby maberi » August 18th, 2010, 7:41 pm

mnp13 wrote:Don't count yourselves out early... the answer to every question is "yes"

So... if you are worried about "rain..." bring your own umbrellas (or even a tarp), and then have any decoys on the field hold them over you... the entire time.

And be sure to wear a white shirt!!
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby TheRedQueen » August 18th, 2010, 8:55 pm

Hahahahaha...Sawyer and John HATE rain/water...just HATE it. ;) Talk about an aversive...lol

ETA...sorry, I was wrong...I was told..."we both melt, because we're so sweet."

:rolleyes2:

TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » August 21st, 2010, 11:06 pm

Wow...this time next week, we'll be talking about how we did...and looking at our cool ribbons. ;)

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » August 26th, 2010, 6:07 pm

DSO travel update... Been on the road since 11, wanted to leave at 9 but woke up at 8 with a migrane so bad that I was having difficulty walking. Needless to say, packing the car took a really really long time. Demo is driving, always a fun time. Met up with Liz about a half hour ago, inara is riding in the front seat of her spiffy new Fit. Rigga is riding in style in the tiger cage in the back of the car... And just noticed Inara... So now he's growling and barking at her. Weirdo.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Leslie H » August 26th, 2010, 11:37 pm

I hope you all have a great time. I'll be jealously thinking of you.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby PetieMarie22 » August 27th, 2010, 9:09 am

Been thinking about you guys! Thanks for the update. Keep 'em coming! Can't wait to hear about how awesome you all do this weekend!
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » August 29th, 2010, 10:02 am

I had totally intended to come out yesterday until last minute when I found out one of our collaborators was in town from CA and I had to go along to some Pointing kennels to take samples.
On the upside, I did get to see lots of puppies! English Setters, Weims, Spinone Italiano, and English Pointers.

Hope everyone is having a blast! Can't wait to see photos.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » August 30th, 2010, 9:52 am

Home from the DSO...had a fantastic time...and came home with ribbons! :) More later!

TheRedQueen

Postby madremissy » August 30th, 2010, 3:42 pm

It sounds like everyone had a great time. I wish there was something that all of you could come to the south for. :D I have never thought about putting Kinzyl in a competion but after reading everyone's posts I would love to try.

Now where are the pictures????? :wink:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » August 30th, 2010, 3:55 pm

madremissy wrote:It sounds like everyone had a great time. I wish there was something that all of you could come to the south for. :D I have never thought about putting Kinzyl in a competion but after reading everyone's posts I would love to try.

Now where are the pictures????? :wink:

I do believe that Michelle is working on those pics...:)

You should drive up next year for the DSO...we can make it a PBT get-together!

TheRedQueen

PreviousNext

Return to North East