Postby mnp13 » January 16th, 2010, 11:16 am

MARK YOUR CALENDARS!

http://www.ccdsa.info/dogsportsopen.html

MICHIGAN
CAPITAL CITY DOG SPORT ASSOCIATION
St. Johns, MI (O) hosts the 11th Annual DOG SPORT OPEN
August 28- August 29, 2010

PROTECTION DOG TOURNAMENT
Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced (sequestered)

Judges: (pending) - Entries 8:00-9:00 am, Trial begins at 9:30 am
Entry Fee: $50 ALL LEVELS, Pre-entries Encouraged (see on-line form)
Please mail pre-entry so it is received no later than August 21, 2010

Beginners and possibly some Intermediate on Saturday
Remaining Intermediate and Advance on Sunday

Now, I know it says "Protection Dog Tournament" but two years ago I begged and pleaded to get them to go through with the idea of an obedience only category. They had considered it before, but never actually done it. The first year they had four dogs in beginner, last year there were 6 in beginner and 2 in intermediate. PBT has been very well represented. :D

If it's the same this year as last year, obedience only will be $25 an entry. Beginner is on leash, intermediate is similar to intermediate but off lead and a little more difficult.

It is a VERY good opportunity for you to try something new with your dog, and it is a TRAINING TRIAL, which is a very unique setup. There are a lot of threads about it, I'll post them up in a few...

If you only go to one trial this year, I would highly recommend that you make a trip to this one. You'll never see anything like it!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 16th, 2010, 12:23 pm

:rock: The theme this year is Roaring 20's, right?

Janine and I are soooo excited and we'll be there!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » January 16th, 2010, 1:13 pm

Yup, and there is a BULLDOG on the t-shirt!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » January 16th, 2010, 4:23 pm

This definitely sounds like something I want to go to!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby dlynne1123 » January 16th, 2010, 6:44 pm

I can vouch, it was lots of fun! And never something I thought my dog could do, and we did it! It kick started my eagerness to compete in everything I can just to get my shy dogs confidence up!

You get extra points for using your noggin too!
Ryder - Rescue APBT
Panser on a Roll - APBT (American Bully?)
Gretchen - the red headed cat that thinks shes a dog
Prudence - the new cat on the block to put the dogs in their place!
Punchlines Better Than Lojac - APBT (RIP)
dlynne1123
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby furever_pit » January 16th, 2010, 7:52 pm

Hopefully Dylan and I will be able to make it.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » January 17th, 2010, 9:25 pm

John/Sawyer and Me n' Score will hopefully be there! I'd love to come play! Now we just have to figure up how much it would cost us! lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby TheRedQueen » January 18th, 2010, 7:13 pm

I don't see an "obedience" only portion on the entry form or anything...

Not that I'm signing up yet, but I'm just looking at the site!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » January 18th, 2010, 11:01 pm

I know, I already emailed them about it. They are doing it, I already checked. :wink:

I made sure they're doing it because PBT has decided to sponsor the ribbons - it's great exposure for us and a small thank you to CCDSA for adding the category to the event for those of us who just wanted to get out there and play too!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » January 28th, 2010, 11:29 am

mnp13 wrote:I know, I already emailed them about it. They are doing it, I already checked. :wink:

I made sure they're doing it because PBT has decided to sponsor the ribbons - it's great exposure for us and a small thank you to CCDSA for adding the category to the event for those of us who just wanted to get out there and play too!

Nothing yet... :|

(yes, I am impatient!) :neener:

TheRedQueen

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 28th, 2010, 11:39 am

Trust me, it'll be there. I registered in advance for last year's and just wrote "obedience only" on the entry form and made my check out for $25. You can also register when you get there. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

pitbullmamaliz

Postby TheRedQueen » January 28th, 2010, 4:01 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Trust me, it'll be there. I registered in advance for last year's and just wrote "obedience only" on the entry form and made my check out for $25. You can also register when you get there. :)

I know, but it's a 9+ hour trip for us...and I'd like to be SURE of everything before we go...lol. I am a bit anal at times (I know...shocking!) :shock: :oops:

PS...also because I told John that he has to compete with Sawyer...I want to make sure it's all good... 8)

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » January 28th, 2010, 5:37 pm

Call or email Cheryl directly :D

Tell her I sent you, and that you're checking in on Obedience Only. :D :D
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » March 5th, 2010, 2:07 pm

Chorus from the song I want to use for Riggs:

You drivin' me
To insanity
All the things you do
You make me come unglued
I just can't help myself
I need professional help, help
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » March 5th, 2010, 2:57 pm

You get to bring your own music?

Explain this theme to me.

I just had some vision of you doing the competition in a Flapper dress.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby mnp13 » March 5th, 2010, 3:28 pm

Oh yes, if you don't bring your own music then Cheryl picks some for you. You don't want Cheryl to pick your music for you, you'll end up trialing to the Hokey Pokey. Been there, done that.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » March 8th, 2010, 9:54 am

We're still planning on attending...is there a deadline for entries? I'm bad about getting entries sent in on time...lol

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » March 8th, 2010, 3:30 pm

No deadline, you can enter day of.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » June 9th, 2010, 10:20 pm

I've got songs for Inara and The Wiener picked out...still working on Score. ;) John's still stumped on a song...lol

Any thoughts on hotels to stay at?

TheRedQueen

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 10th, 2010, 7:04 am

My girlfriend stayed at a dog-friendly hotel last year - when she wakes up I'll find out the info for it. :)

pitbullmamaliz

Next

Return to North East