A Pat Hastings and Debbie Gross Seminar
August 25 to 26
Chicopee MA

This will cover
• How to evaluate the structural quality of puppies
• The basics of canine structure
• The weakest links
• How to evaluate the structural quality of your adult dog
• What your dog can do and should not be doing?
• A physical therapist’s ideas on how to strengthen structure to reduce the risk of injury

And on Sunday they will be doing evaluations of 20 adult dogs in front of the whole seminar.
The price:
• $75 for both days, no dog evaluation
• $50 for one day, no dog evaluation
• Add $50 to have your dog evaluated on Sunday (limited to 20 dogs)

Registration ends August 6th! More info can be found at CleanRun.com

I'm not sure if this is full yet or not, I just heard about it and put in an inquiry. I REALLY want to go!!! Anyone on here going?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby ellie@ny » August 4th, 2007, 5:02 pm

I would LOVE TO!!!But it's way too far for me.... :(
If I was you I would not miss it! :wink:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby SisMorphine » August 4th, 2007, 6:35 pm

On August 04 2007, 4:02 PM, ellie@ny wrote:I would LOVE TO!!!But it's way too far for me.... :(
If I was you I would not miss it! :wink:

It's only in Chicopee . . . you know you want to . . .

I got word back that there is still room, but no more room for the evals. Oh well, next time I'll bring Teeny for an eval. I think I'm going to try to go up for Saturday since I have to apprentice and then work in Maine on Sunday and I don't like missing my Sundays.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby dogged » August 5th, 2007, 1:14 pm

Oo! I wish I could go. Alas, too far away. Do you know if Pat is doing any seminars in the South, Sis?
"Hey, I'm glad I found you. I need your approval to cut down some lollipop trees outside the sea monkey hut. These decisions have to go through you because you're the mayor of crazy town."
dogged
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby SisMorphine » August 5th, 2007, 2:30 pm

Here is her seminar schedule. Not sure where abouts in the South you are, but it looks like she has a puppy puzzle seminar in December in FL.

http://www.dogfolk.com/presentationschedule.htm
SisMorphine

Postby amazincc » August 6th, 2007, 5:05 pm

Whats a puppy puzzle???
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » August 18th, 2007, 9:58 am

On August 06 2007, 4:05 PM, amazincc wrote:Whats a puppy puzzle???

It's how to evaluate a puppy's structure.
SisMorphine

Postby Patch O' Pits » August 19th, 2007, 12:32 pm

Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby amazincc » August 19th, 2007, 3:09 pm

Thanks, ladies... I had never heard of this before... :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » August 24th, 2007, 11:44 pm

Well, kids, Teeny is already at my friend's house for the weekend (and has already managed to hurt herself and drive everyone nuts . . . lovely), and I am heading to bed so I can get up a$$ early and head on out to Western Mass for the seminar. I can't wait! :)

I'll catch up with you all next week most likely.
SisMorphine

Postby ellie@ny » August 25th, 2007, 9:41 am

On August 24 2007, SisMorphine wrote:Well, kids, Teeny is already at my friend's house for the weekend (and has already managed to hurt herself and drive everyone nuts . . . lovely), and I am heading to bed so I can get up a$$ early and head on out to Western Mass for the seminar. I can't wait! :)

I'll catch up with you all next week most likely.

Oh darn,now feel like I should have signed up....I guess I'm just gonna get the book....
Have fun Sis!!! :)
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby lilabet » August 25th, 2007, 12:53 pm

Hey, how was the seminar? A friend of mine brought her litter of Australian Terriers up there to be evaluated at the seminar and my boss went up there with her.
lilabet
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » August 27th, 2007, 7:41 am

On August 25 2007, 11:53 AM, lilabet wrote:Hey, how was the seminar? A friend of mine brought her litter of Australian Terriers up there to be evaluated at the seminar and my boss went up there with her.

She mentioned the litter. She evaled them on Friday, before the seminar, but didn't bring them into the actual seminar itself.

It was a very good seminar and it's taking all I have not to evaluate my puppy. BUT she's not 8 weeks, and she's not full grown, so an eval now would be nothing. Bummer. There were a couple of things I didn't agree with, like her views on nutrition and her obsession with cropping, docking, and ear set, but everything that she and Debbie Saunders had to say about structure was purely fascinating and educational.

I am now going to be exercising my dogs differently, and getting an exercise ball (or rather, an exercise egg) to help strengthen Teeny.

Next year I am SO getting Teeny evaluated. Maybe Wally just to see if there's anything that I need to watch out for.
SisMorphine

Return to North East