we know where everyone lives, but where is everyone from?

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby bustersmama » February 8th, 2006, 2:40 pm

I am a New Jersey Girl, long brightly painted nails, big hair and attitude.

***minus the big hair and the nails***

I miss the bakeries and the pizza in NJ, kinda miss the people in a LITTLE tiny way as well.

If you wanna go "way" back, all my grandparents where first generation (born in the USA) from Czechoslovakia, Poland, Ireland and France.
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jesseca » February 8th, 2006, 2:46 pm

I live in Washington state, was born in Portland Or, but I grew up in Southern California. I miss palm trees. :(
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Maryellen » February 8th, 2006, 2:54 pm

omg another jersey girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! me too.. i am a jersey girl, still live here...... high hair (used to) long nails too... used to drive a camaro, mustang, guido cars..... went to the shore to the clubs, actually went to every club in nj....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Emi » February 8th, 2006, 3:18 pm

Org was from Maquoketa Iowa , farming town of 5k , it's 45 miles North of Davenport , and 35 miles South of Dubuque Iowa, then when I was 19 moved to Grand Island Nebraska for half a year, moved back to Maquoketa for a bit , then moved to Denison Iowa for awhile to work , then back to Maquoketa, then moved to South Sioux City Nebraska for like 2 years , then at age 24 moved to Grand Island Nebraska, met first hubby was there for 13.5 years , moved to Houston TX 5 years ago , married Earl 3 years ago , but have been with him for 8 years ...

Ancesters come from Ireland , Germany , England and Scotland. My Grandma family is all Irish , Grandfather is the other 3 . Can trace my Great-grandfather back to like 1560 in England with names etc. My Great-grandma is the German and Scot.

My oldest sister and brother still live in Maquoketa Iowa.
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby bustersmama » February 8th, 2006, 3:55 pm

Maryellen wrote:omg another jersey girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! me too.. i am a jersey girl, still live here...... high hair (used to) long nails too... used to drive a camaro, mustang, guido cars..... went to the shore to the clubs, actually went to every club in nj....

I should have remember to put in "drove a camero" - thats so Jersey girl-ish!

:)
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » February 8th, 2006, 4:00 pm

Hmm. I was born and raised in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I currently live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I probably will stay here forever.... unless my bf can convince me to move to the country. Maybe someday.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby girlie » February 8th, 2006, 4:07 pm

Irish, German, Scottish. Born and raised in Texas, my yungins make the sixth generation in the lone star............but i will be leaving soon
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby GreddyGirl » February 8th, 2006, 4:25 pm

I was born in Alberta, then moved to Germany for 4 years. I moved back to Alberta for awhile and now Im living in London, Ontario.
GreddyGirl
Confident Young Bully

Postby JCleve86 » February 8th, 2006, 4:56 pm

I was born in Spokane, Washington, but I grew up in and consider Puyallup, Washington my home (which is where I live too, if you didn't notice).

Typical small town...decent people, some typical small town mindsets, but overall it just feels right to me. It helps that literally my ENTIRE family with the exception of one aunt lives here. I know how to get around no matter where you put me, I know the best places to eat, to hang out, I know where all of the schools are, I know plenty of the damned people...just overall a nice middle class town that has unfortunately started growing dramatically over the past decade. We went from having no Walmarts to having two. :o

Plus, I'm a bit of your typical, outdoorsy, PacNW tree-hugger type. And I love the rain. I couldn't live anywhere else.

Ahhhh thanks for the warm fuzzy feeling folks! :)

:oops:
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby Miles » February 8th, 2006, 5:28 pm

Houston Texas born and raised. I've only been to 3 different places in my entire life. Houston (of course), Batesville, AR (some family lives there), and Corpus Christi, TX (Spring Break)
Miles
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » February 8th, 2006, 6:09 pm

Born & raised in Texas & have lived all over the state. I left for one year to live in New Mexico but I got back here as fast as I possibly could. I was born in Falfurias, grew up in Corpus Christi, have lived in San Antonio, Houston ( :puke: ), Amarillo and now in Dallas.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Romanwild » February 8th, 2006, 8:22 pm

Born and raised in Watertown NY. :|
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » February 8th, 2006, 8:44 pm

Marin County, CA. 8)
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Hoyden » February 8th, 2006, 9:22 pm

:doh: I'm a Navy brat

Born in Philippines.
Hawaii
Japan
Florida
Italy
Connecticut
Hawaii
Virginia
Connecticut

My father is from Maine, his family has a tradition of one son for the land and one for the sea going back 200 years.

My mother was born in Lynn, Lynn, City of Sin, you never come out the way you went in, MA and grew up in Essex, MA
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby satanscheerleader » February 8th, 2006, 9:46 pm

Born in Windsor, Ontario, Canada and lived there throughout grade school and for a year when I was in my twenties. Lived in Mississauga {Ontario}, St. Stephen {New Brunswick}, Kingston {Ontario} and a few places in B.C. {Vacouver, Abbotsford, Surrey}.
Mum's side.... Irish and French.
Dad's side..... Scottish and English.
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 8th, 2006, 10:42 pm

My dad - 3rd generation Italian both sides. My step-great grandfather was real Italian mafia in the old country.

My mom - Canadian - grandfather is Irish and English. Grandmother is German.

I grew up in central NY, lived in France for a year, went to school in Fredonia (way way western NY), now I live in Rochester. I like NY, but I travel out of it as often as I can! (I need vacations to remind me that I like my home.)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » February 8th, 2006, 10:51 pm

Hoyden wrote:My mother was born in Lynn, Lynn, City of Sin, you never come out the way you went in, MA and grew up in Essex, MA

Personally I think that Essex is a fabulous place to grow up :P
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » February 9th, 2006, 12:12 am

Oh and I am Irish & German. :shock:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby huskyhouse » February 9th, 2006, 1:21 am

mnp13 wrote:My dad - 3rd generation Italian both sides. My step-great grandfather was real Italian mafia in the old country.

"Take the gun, leave the cannolli" :lol3:

I'm a Jersey girl too, I still have moderately long nails and love the jersey shore, but NEVER had big hair (no Aqua Net for me, thank you very much!), didn't drive a guidomobile, and lived for rock concerts at the Capitol Theater.
And while there are those who dis my state, you still can't get a decent slice or bagel anywhere else but in this area :P .
huskyhouse
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby msvette2u » February 9th, 2006, 2:18 am

I'm part Alaskan Native (although there's a neat website...http://www.cowboyfun.com/iam/ ) that would beg to differ ;-)
I was born in Juneau, Alaska and raised in Southeast Alaska (Petersburg mainly) and also at times we lived in Eastern OR. My heart is in Alaska but I live in Eastern WA.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Next

Return to Off-Topic