New Toys!!!!!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby mnp13 » January 31st, 2006, 4:09 pm

I just got new monitors for my computers. the old monitors were getting to much for me, especially since I just got a few big web jobs and will be spending an emmense amount of time infront of them in the next month. But MAN do I have a headache from looking at them! the LCD screens take some getting used to I guess.

And my other new toys - new phones! Ok, old phones that are new to me. I have a serious adversion to touch tone phones. I only have two - my cell and my cordless. I have two 'new' phones from Freecycle. I'll post actual pics later today, but here is the type:
Well, all mine are in black and in much rougher shape, my new ones are yellowish tan and brown. My sister actually has an orange one just like in the picture. She got it first because she is the oldest and moved out first. Brat. the coolest thing is my grandfather had a silver plated handle cover for his phone, he gave me the phone with the cover when he moved in with my parents. It has his initials engraved in it - it's very cool.

If anyone here as an old rotary dial phone wasting away in the basement or garage I'll be happy to give it a new home. I want one for every room. Man you should hear the noise when the phone rings in my house!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Emi » January 31st, 2006, 4:15 pm

Oh i remember those phones, i like them better then these stupid push ones, we had one on the wall for ages in my Mom's home...

gratz on all your new jobs .. :updown:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 31st, 2006, 4:29 pm

Emi wrote:Oh i remember those phones, i like them better then these stupid push ones, we had one on the wall for ages in my Mom's home...

I'm with you on that. My parents had a plastic one from the 80's though. I like the heavy look of the old bakelight ones from the 50's. You know they are bakelight if you rub them really fast iwth your finger and they smell like burnt hair.

gratz on all your new jobs .. :updown:

Thanks, they eat up a lot of my free time, but money is money and every bit helps these days.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Judy » January 31st, 2006, 11:08 pm

I remember those phones from when I was a kid!

That one is in nice shape.
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 31st, 2006, 11:32 pm

Judy wrote:I remember those phones from when I was a kid!

That one is in nice shape.

Yeah, I wish I owned it. It's off a website, they sell brand new phones - still in the box! It's $99 though. Not gonna happen.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » January 31st, 2006, 11:42 pm

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Off-Topic