What do you collect?

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby mnp13 » September 23rd, 2006, 8:45 pm

And to go with the hobby post...

What do you collect? My list is frightening... but I've stopped most of them because I have run out of room in my house!

*My biggest thing, and still ongoing, is vintage table linen. I love the old white on white damask. I have a couple other vintage pieces like a bridge set and a cut out set but that's it. I find them at garage sales, estate sales and flea markets. My best find to date was an uncut set of napkins that had been stored since they were purchased they had never been washed and had the original sizing in them. It was 24 inches wide x 24 feet long, so that's a full set of 12. The same person had donated an unhemmed damask table cloth. It doesn't match the napkins and I paid waaaaay too much for it, but the same items would have been well over $200 in a store and these are brand new. My sister is a professional costume designer, so she finished them all for me.

*Vintage serving pieces, including pieces of my Oneida silver plate. None of it is very good, I just like the look of it.

Vintage large and small appliances. My stove is from 1938 (I completely rebuilt it from two stoves), my fridge is from 1936 (I have a 2001 model in my basement). I also have old waffle irons, an iron, blender etc. That collection is pretty much finished, as three waffle irons are enough for one person living alone who never really makes waffles in the first place.

*Dr. Seuss books, the older the better. I had reconstructive surgery on my feet 10 years ago, so have 5 copies of the foot book. lol

vintage magazines. I started that one to use to the ads to decorate my kitchen, but I couldn't bear to cut them up.

Photography books like the "Year in Pictures".

comics - ElfQuest and X-Men, and a few other random titles

Old books, my oldest was a gift, printed in 1675 (no, that's not a typo)

*Coins and paper money from all over the world. Antique and modern.

*Vintage photos with Pit Bulls, when I have enough of them they are going to go up on my living room wall.

*floor lamps

*power tools - mmmmmmm.... power tools

I think that covers it the ones with the * are the things I still seek out, but because nothing is modern I only get new pieces when I happen across them. I also won't pay much so I never go to "antique stores". I find much more satisfaction in finding "treasures" on my own.

If anyone collects vintage cameras, I have a pile of them. I was a photo major in college, so someone got the idea that I should have old cameras. There are two I am keeping but the rest need a new home. Pay the shipping and they are yours!

I probably have a few other collections that I'm willing to part with, I'll have to take a look around lol maybe your collections will get a donation or two because heaven knows that I have too much stuff in my house!!!!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Chocolate Thunda » September 23rd, 2006, 9:17 pm

I collect corals (fish tanks more of a hobby I suppose), Little Homies, and model airplanes/cars. Oh ad CD's. I have 600 of them and I can't stop buying (downlowding) more.
Chocolate Thunda
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » September 23rd, 2006, 9:26 pm

You mean you collect coral, and you just have fish tanks to keep them in? Interesting... I guess I need a bigger house so I have room to keep all my collections in it.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Chocolate Thunda » September 23rd, 2006, 10:12 pm

On Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:26 pm, mnp13 wrote:You mean you collect coral, and you just have fish tanks to keep them in? Interesting... I guess I need a bigger house so I have room to keep all my collections in it.
Ok let me clear that up a lot. I have one really big fish tank and I keep corals in them...... :P Michelle has special needs.
Chocolate Thunda
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » September 23rd, 2006, 10:27 pm

Michelle has special needs.

Yes I do. I need vintage linens and floor lamps. :D
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Chocolate Thunda » September 23rd, 2006, 11:08 pm

On Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:27 pm, mnp13 wrote:
Michelle has special needs.

Yes I do. I need vintage linens and floor lamps. :D
:? :|
Chocolate Thunda
Just Whelped

Postby Purple » September 24th, 2006, 7:50 am

Vintage Pepsi stuff.
Purple
I live here

Postby Richter » September 24th, 2006, 7:59 am

Cars.

Like actual cars.
Richter
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby bouvierz » September 24th, 2006, 2:59 pm

Animals and foster kids 8)

No Im just kidding! I collect kids movies (disney mostly)
Thats about it. My house is too small to collect anything :|
bouvierz
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » September 25th, 2006, 9:51 am

Well hell!! I answered THIS post on the hobby post.

Movies, Pigsville pigs, wizards, gargoyles & dragons
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby BigDogBuford » September 25th, 2006, 11:35 am

Cheshire Cat stuff, wigs, shoes and corsets.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Jenn » September 25th, 2006, 11:56 am

I answered it too, on the hobby post. :oops: I do love anything old and western though I have too much already.
Jenn
undecided

Postby Miakoda » September 25th, 2006, 1:09 pm

Breyer model horses. I think I'm up in the lower 300's now. :D My husband collects old baseball memorabilia.
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 25th, 2006, 1:56 pm

I think I have a mid-80's Misty of Chincotique (sp?) if I can dig it up do you want it?
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pocketpit » September 25th, 2006, 5:39 pm

Breyer model horses. I think I'm up in the lower 300's now

I used to collect Breyers as well but I have no way to showcase them anymore. The collection is too big and the house too small. Know anyone who'd like to buy the collection or a good place to sell them?
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby babyreba » September 25th, 2006, 6:18 pm

wow, i used to collect breyer horses too . . . but when i failed to retrieve them from my parents house when i was in college, they ended up "stored" in a big plastic bag in the basement . . . ruined, all broken and forgotten. so sad.

now i collect those flat, plastic magnets shaped like states--you know, the cheap ones they sell at every souvenir store in every city in the nation!

i used to collect vinyl record albums, but they are such a frigging pain in the ass to lug around when you move so i vowed to stop buying them! but i have a buncha good ones that i play on my old console stereo.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby SisMorphine » September 25th, 2006, 7:34 pm

I collect:

*Rocks
*Vinyl (as in, albums)
*Martingale collars
*Old sewing machines (I just started my collection and I'm looking forward to adding to it)
*TATTOOS!!!!!!!!!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Marinepits » September 25th, 2006, 7:42 pm

I collect all things dragon and old Science Fiction books (30's thru 60's). We have a nifty comic book collection, too. The hubby collects mint-condition vintage 12 inch GI Joes.

I used to collect Boyd's Bears, both resin and stuffed, but I ran out of room in the house, LOL.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Purple » September 25th, 2006, 7:55 pm

Sheesh, I forgot about my gargoyle and dragon collection!!
Purple
I live here

Postby mnp13 » September 25th, 2006, 9:06 pm

Jen's husband plays with dolls!!! lol
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Next

Return to Off-Topic