Awaiting Adoption Approval

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby pLaurent » January 31st, 2006, 12:52 am

What a bummer.:( I LOVE rats and have had quite a few of them. After dogs, they are the best pets imaginable.

Hope you find some rattie boys for your own!!

Spaying really cuts down on the incidence of tumours.
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby SisMorphine » January 31st, 2006, 9:06 am

Well I finally found a dumbo breeder, a FANTASTIC breeder, who is actually only 20 minutes away from me. I was shocked. So I sent in my application. I know her waiting list is pretty long, but it looks like she already has 6 breedings planned between now and April, so I should be getting my boys within the next 5 months.

Granted, I haven't really heard back from her yet except an email to say that she had a lot of applications to go through and that she sucked at email, but would get back to me. So I'm thinking about 2 weeks I should hear if my app was accepted . . . which I can't imagine it not being.

And yeah, the females get mammory tumors like woah. Yet another reason I don't want females. The males aren't prone to prostate cancer or anything, so even if you leave them intact the incidence of cancer (related to the sexual organs) is far less than that in the females. If I am to ever get a female rat again she will definately be spayed because I lost one of my females to cancer and the other one to a prolapsed uterus and rectum after she went through a false pregnancy and kept trying to deliver babies :( I don't want to ever go through that again.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby pLaurent » January 31st, 2006, 11:39 am

The short life span is why I have no rats now. They are the most heartbreaking pets around. You get just as attached to them as you do to any dog or cat, and then they're gone. :(

I like boys because they are more laid back and cuddly. Girls act like they just drank 15 cups of espresso!

Here's my last rattie girl, Lola.
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby SisMorphine » January 31st, 2006, 12:06 pm

pLaurent wrote:I like boys because they are more laid back and cuddly. Girls act like they just drank 15 cups of espresso!

Hahahaha! I fully agree :) My females were the sweetest but were definately on crack.
Your Lola was gorgeous. She looks like Sandy, my friend's old rat, who was one of the first rats I had ever met, and she and her sister Lucy made me fall in love with those little critters.
These were the only girls I ever had out of the bunch, Koko and Cattia. They were my very first rats, and Cattia was also my last rat. All my other rats were adult rescues so I didn't have them for too long
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby Emi » January 31st, 2006, 12:53 pm

pLaurent, now that is a ICY picture .. :)
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Purple » February 1st, 2006, 9:40 am

Thought you might like to see this.....

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

:cat:
Purple
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » February 1st, 2006, 10:20 am

Purple wrote:Thought you might like to see this.....

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

:cat:

Thanks! So cool :) I want rattie babies! I'd never breed rats, but I can dream :)
SisMorphine

Previous

Return to Off-Topic