Dieting

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby luvmyangels » January 24th, 2006, 2:11 pm

Hi all! Is anyone on a diet? You would think with 2 young kids and three dogs I would be a tooth pick. But unfortunately I am not. I have never had to diet before in life until having kids. I am trying the Weight Watchers Flex Plan diet. Anyone doing anything similar?
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here
 
Posts: 3449
Location: NY

Postby Emi » January 24th, 2006, 2:16 pm

I watch what i eat, i'm a diabetic , and carbs don't like me so ... it's not really a diet per say but a life time of having to eat correctly or suffer for it if i don't
User avatar
Emi
Full of Bully
 
Posts: 2068
Location: Houston TX ..

Postby Maryellen » January 24th, 2006, 2:25 pm

stress plays a big part in dieting... i only eat 3 times a day, but am sorta stressed out and noticed that i am not losing as much as i would like too... oh to be 20 again...
Maryellen
I live here
 
Posts: 5971

Postby mnp13 » January 24th, 2006, 3:09 pm

Here are a couple tips:

1. eat no white food. none. most white food (with the exception of cauliflower) is not good for you anyway. it's an easy thing to get used to. I'm not big on pasturized/homogenized milk, but drink that if you want. dairy in very limited amounts.

2. eat more, not less. 5 or 6 meals a day. Little meals to keep your metabolism up. you will get used to it, and sometimes not be hungry for the next meal. eat anyway. 8, 11, 2, 5, 8 works for me and is an easy routine.

3. water water and more water. not coffee, not tea, not soup. water. 8 8 ounce glasses. the rest is bonus water. if your pee is not clear then you need more water.

4. restrict caffiene to an extent. one cup of coffee, one soda, whatever a day.

these are pretty much painless adjustments. I don't like the word diet, because if you just 'diet' when you go back to your old eating habits you'll get heavy again anyway. I guarentee you will notice more weight gone in two weeks.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby luvmyangels » January 24th, 2006, 3:10 pm

Emi wrote:I watch what i eat, i'm a diabetic , and carbs don't like me so ... it's not really a diet per say but a life time of having to eat correctly or suffer for it if i don't


Sorry to hear that.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here
 
Posts: 3449
Location: NY

Postby Maryellen » January 24th, 2006, 3:11 pm

i drink so much water my pee is invisible... and i try to eat snacks that are good. veggies, crackers but only a little bit and fruit.. i drink coffee only at work and thats half a cup every day..
Maryellen
I live here
 
Posts: 5971

Postby Emi » January 24th, 2006, 3:13 pm

Crystal light is a good drink , it has no sugar, no nothing in it instead of like soda etc ...

I drink 2 soda's a day ..
User avatar
Emi
Full of Bully
 
Posts: 2068
Location: Houston TX ..

Postby Emi » January 24th, 2006, 3:14 pm

Iluvmyangels wrote:Sorry to hear that.


Thanks ...

I have a syndrome called PCOS , and I also have high blood pressure , arthritis, among other stuff ... lol life is so much fun some times
User avatar
Emi
Full of Bully
 
Posts: 2068
Location: Houston TX ..

Postby luvmyangels » January 24th, 2006, 3:17 pm

Maryellen wrote:stress plays a big part in dieting... i only eat 3 times a day, but am sorta stressed out and noticed that i am not losing as much as i would like too... oh to be 20 again...


Stress is the worst. I stress eat.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here
 
Posts: 3449
Location: NY

Postby luvmyangels » January 24th, 2006, 3:17 pm

Emi wrote:Crystal light is a good drink , it has no sugar, no nothing in it instead of like soda etc ...

I drink 2 soda's a day ..


I like the Crystal Light Pink Lemonade.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here
 
Posts: 3449
Location: NY

Postby luvmyangels » January 24th, 2006, 3:18 pm

mnp13 wrote:Here are a couple tips:

1. eat no white food. none. most white food (with the exception of cauliflower) is not good for you anyway. it's an easy thing to get used to. I'm not big on pasturized/homogenized milk, but drink that if you want. dairy in very limited amounts.

2. eat more, not less. 5 or 6 meals a day. Little meals to keep your metabolism up. you will get used to it, and sometimes not be hungry for the next meal. eat anyway. 8, 11, 2, 5, 8 works for me and is an easy routine.

3. water water and more water. not coffee, not tea, not soup. water. 8 8 ounce glasses. the rest is bonus water. if your pee is not clear then you need more water.

4. restrict caffiene to an extent. one cup of coffee, one soda, whatever a day.

these are pretty much painless adjustments. I don't like the word diet, because if you just 'diet' when you go back to your old eating habits you'll get heavy again anyway. I guarentee you will notice more weight gone in two weeks.


Great information. Thanks for sharing.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here
 
Posts: 3449
Location: NY

Postby Romanwild » January 24th, 2006, 3:22 pm

MOVE

Other then that I eat clean. Meaning whole foods for the most part. Lean proteins, veggies, fruits and maybe some whole grain stuff. I have to eat 4-6 meals a day to keep energy levels stable.

Since starting the boxing club I eat when I am hungry. I'm 2 notches down on the belt over the last 2 months.
User avatar
Romanwild
I live here
 
Posts: 2931
Location: Watertown NY

Postby mnp13 » January 24th, 2006, 3:25 pm

Emi wrote:Crystal light is a good drink , it has no sugar, no nothing in it instead of like soda etc ...

I drink 2 soda's a day ..


But it has chemical sweeteners. I'd rather have sugar than chemicals.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby Emi » January 24th, 2006, 3:28 pm

I was doing really good when I was living in Florida, was getting out 3 times a day and swimming , lived in a nice apartment complex with 2 swimming pools was great swimming pools were extra clean and had handles to help to go up and down the steps ... went back to Nebraska , and chased kids all day long , and we walked 2 times a day ...

I come to Houston 5 years ago , the swimming pool was crappy where we lived, and after the flood :shock: :shock: :shock: I am pretty sure t hey never cleaned out the swimming pool ...

I don't feel safe here to walk in the parking lot , nor even to go to the swimming pool it's nasty and no handles to walk up and down on the steps ...

So my health is slowly going down hill since coming to Houston ...

The flipping ding bat Dr put me on the wrong insulin and I gained 150 lbs just from that ...

Now I can barely walk I can walk down to the VUE , and around the apartment ok , in the stores I need a cart to get round ... and have to stop half way and sit down ...

Never thought i'd get this bad at this early of a age , but that things happen and you deal with the life you have been dealt ...
User avatar
Emi
Full of Bully
 
Posts: 2068
Location: Houston TX ..

Postby Emi » January 24th, 2006, 3:47 pm

Oh yes , forgot lol

We also read labels and don't buy any thing with more then 4% sugar in the product also watch your frozen veggies ...
User avatar
Emi
Full of Bully
 
Posts: 2068
Location: Houston TX ..

Postby luvmyangels » January 24th, 2006, 3:47 pm

Emi wrote:I was doing really good when I was living in Florida, was getting out 3 times a day and swimming , lived in a nice apartment complex with 2 swimming pools was great swimming pools were extra clean and had handles to help to go up and down the steps ... went back to Nebraska , and chased kids all day long , and we walked 2 times a day ...

I come to Houston 5 years ago , the swimming pool was crappy where we lived, and after the flood :shock: :shock: :shock: I am pretty sure t hey never cleaned out the swimming pool ...

I don't feel safe here to walk in the parking lot , nor even to go to the swimming pool it's nasty and no handles to walk up and down on the steps ...

So my health is slowly going down hill since coming to Houston ...

The flipping ding bat Dr put me on the wrong insulin and I gained 150 lbs just from that ...

Now I can barely walk I can walk down to the VUE , and around the apartment ok , in the stores I need a cart to get round ... and have to stop half way and sit down ...

Never thought i'd get this bad at this early of a age , but that things happen and you deal with the life you have been dealt ...


Wow you have been through a lot. I hope things get better.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here
 
Posts: 3449
Location: NY

Postby luvmyangels » January 24th, 2006, 3:49 pm

I have a gym membership but with 2 young kids that are not predictable with behavior it is sometimes difficult to get there. I have been jumping on the treadmill for 30 minutes each day.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here
 
Posts: 3449
Location: NY

Postby luvmyangels » January 24th, 2006, 4:03 pm

The worst insult for me is when I show someone my wedding picture and they say "That was you"? I just want to scream.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here
 
Posts: 3449
Location: NY

Postby Emi » January 24th, 2006, 4:07 pm

Yeah I can understand that ...

When this all hit back when I was 19 I was 135 lbs now i'm well TO much ... and some times people call me "SIR" I about want to screem at them ..
User avatar
Emi
Full of Bully
 
Posts: 2068
Location: Houston TX ..

Postby Maryellen » January 24th, 2006, 4:15 pm

did you ever think about moving out of where you are so that you can get into the routine you had in FL?? is that even a possibility? and switching Dr's too??
Maryellen
I live here
 
Posts: 5971

Next

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users