Teacher gift ideas?

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby pitsnok » July 25th, 2011, 6:50 pm

One of my good friends is starting her first teaching job on Monday. She's teaching senior english--British literature and is going to be in a "rough" school (for lack of a better term)--I keep telling her it'll be just like Freedom Writers! So naturally, she is a ball of nerves right now but I know she is going to make an AMAZING teacher.

Anyway, I really want to make her a gift that is encouraging. Something she can keep in her classroom and get a little bit of encouragement if she ever has a tough day as the school year progresses. I have a few ideas but wanted to see if anyone else had any suggestions that would be good for a teacher specifically. I'm thinking of doing a collage of pictures and patterns with a quote about teaching, (or something else applicable) or doing a painting also using a quote of some kind...

Does anyone have any other ideas than just wall-hanging pieces? Remember I really want to be encouraging! I'm pretty creative and handy so any technique I could probably do, (except for knitting or crochet...I don't know how to do that stuff)

Thanks in advance!!
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 26th, 2011, 6:23 am

What a great idea! And lucky her to get a gift made by talented YOU!! :dance:

As for poster sayings, these are some that I have had in my classrooms and still remember them:

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."

"They may forget what you said but they will never forget how you made them feel."

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank...but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child."

Look at this website for motivational sayings on their posters. We have these framed all over our building. They inspire everyone.

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Success-P ... 48934_.htm

My other suggestion is to get her a BIG BOTTLE OF WINE for the weekends. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitsnok » July 26th, 2011, 9:18 am

iluvk9 wrote:

My other suggestion is to get her a BIG BOTTLE OF WINE for the weekends. 8)

I was thinking a big BOX would be more sufficient! :dance:

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 26th, 2011, 9:43 am

You are right. A Box O' Wine hides well in the desk drawer. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitsnok » July 26th, 2011, 6:58 pm

BTW, thanks for the quotes, Joyce! I haven't yet decided what my plan is, but I know I will use at least one of those! I'll be sure to post whenever I get it all worked out!

Oooooh and thanks for calling me talented. hehe. that is too sweet of you.
:Insert blushing emoticon here (not the 'oops' one!):

pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 26th, 2011, 8:26 pm

Well, you are talented, and I LOVE the "dog bone" you made me. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Off-Topic