Our Vacation Plans May Include You!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby hugapitbull » July 2nd, 2011, 8:40 am

Regretfully, I must report the blanket donation will not be taking place. The coordination has been flaky from the beginning, with delays in posting about it pending Save-an-Angel approval, to changed stories about whether Kendall was at home or hospitalized, to the final chapter in the book yesterday.

After several attempts to nail down a delivery time and place, it was finally agreed upon at 2PM Friday we would deliver the blanket to the hospital Saturday at 2PM, have a nurse present the blanket to Kendall, and have the nurse snap a picture for Rebecca (dukes_mom). At 3:30 Friday instead of sending the address to the hospital, and the room number, I got a note that said he may be coming home due to the holiday and that he had the worst night ever, not sleeping due to fluid on the lungs and suspected pneumonia. It was suggested I leave the blanket with the Save-an-Angel folks who would pass it on to Kendall and provide a picture. At that point we took a step back and questioned what hospital would send home a patient in that condition?

Bottom line, we had no way to verify Kendall actually existed as the story had changed many times throughout the 7 weeks we've been planning this. We only met the Save-an-angel folks once, and I could not in good faith hand over the blanket that had taken Rebecca so many hours to make without knowing for sure it would go where it was intended.

The blanket is being returned to Rebecca with sincere thanks for her time and generosity.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby airwalk » July 2nd, 2011, 12:25 pm

Sad. So sorry you guys!
airwalk
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » July 2nd, 2011, 1:12 pm

As I mentioned in your other thread about this, let's hope there is a Kendall and that all of your acts of kindness were just put on hold because of bureaucratic red tape.

If not, I would imagine Hell Hath NO Fury Like Bob and His Computer Skills.....the organization will be DUST if it is a scam.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » July 2nd, 2011, 2:57 pm

I am so sorry. I am glad you caught on to something screwy beforehand. Go get them Bob!
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby madremissy » July 6th, 2011, 6:38 am

Thank you Shanna and Bob. Travis and I had a wonderful time meeting you both. Kinzyl and Sammy truly enjoyed all the attention from you both. Please be safe on your travels for the rest of your trip. :)
madremissy

Postby Jenn » July 6th, 2011, 4:05 pm

:goodStuff:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Hundilein » July 6th, 2011, 9:44 pm

I got to meet Shanna and Bob today! We had a lovely dinner and lots of fun. It's always so neat to meet "online friends" in person.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby Tubular Toby » July 6th, 2011, 10:26 pm

Hundilein wrote:I got to meet Shanna and Bob today! We had a lovely dinner and lots of fun. It's always so neat to meet "online friends" in person.

Eeee, I can't wait for my turn!
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 7th, 2011, 12:51 am

I was hoping to see them on this trip, so I could teach Bob a little about the workings of a computer and the internet.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Pit♥bull » July 7th, 2011, 3:31 am

iluvk9 wrote:I was hoping to see them on this trip, so I could teach Bob a little about the workings of a computer and the internet.
:| :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 7th, 2011, 7:11 am

Damn you, Bob. :x I was TRYING for 3 minutes to make those damn hearts for that post and got nadda.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 7th, 2011, 7:23 am

I seem to be missing the pictures of these visits... :|
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » July 7th, 2011, 7:28 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I seem to be missing the pictures of these visits... :|

I don't think Bobby knows how to upload his photos to his computer. :wink: Try Google for instructions, Bob.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » July 7th, 2011, 3:00 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I seem to be missing the pictures of these visits... :|

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... cbb83130ce
:D :D :D :D :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » July 7th, 2011, 3:57 pm

DISCLAIMER: My pictures suck and are nothing like Christine's but this is what I got. :oops:

Shanna looks awsome so early in the morning.

Bob and I taking a picture of one another. Also my wonderful attempt at breakfast. :)

Travis still in shocked that he got homemade breakfast before he went to work. :dance:

What Kinzyl and Sammy do best lately.
madremissy

Postby iluvk9 » July 7th, 2011, 4:16 pm

I think those are GREAT photos, and as long as no one got sick on your cooking breakfast, then you were probably a wonderful hostess.

(No one got sick, right?)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » July 7th, 2011, 4:25 pm

Nobody got sick that I know about :|
madremissy

Postby iluvk9 » July 7th, 2011, 5:43 pm

madremissy wrote:Nobody got sick that I know about :|

Did you do a head count? You should have had the same number of people as you started with. :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby hugapitbull » July 9th, 2011, 4:41 pm

madremissy wrote:Nobody got sick that I know about :|

Missy did a great job, and no one was sick!
Shanna & Spirit Trouble

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby hugapitbull » July 9th, 2011, 5:15 pm

Just a quick update for everyone. We are home as of 5AM this morning. We got to Thackerville at 10PM last night and found no handicapped parking near the hotel entrance. The place is absolutely massive - stretches a couple of miles, maybe more. Bob got testy just looking at the place and even testier when there wasn't adequate parking. Long story short, he decided to drive home last night.

Unfortunately, we will miss meeting tubular toby and cheeky. I was looking forward to both, so I'm still a little bummed about the turn of events. We will promise to pick them up the next time we are in the area.

Our visits with everyone were awesome, but too short. You just never have enough time when you are with new 'old' friends. Everyone made us feel so welcome and at home. We simply could not have asked for more. Missy and Travis run a terrific B&B, as you saw, complete with pancakes for breakfast. Missy's crew got the best behaved award. Kinzyl was just quite the lady.

Christine's crew is awesome as is Christine! Sepple is a wild child, happy to see everyone and super excited. Faust a little laid back. Happy to see us, but much calmer. Christine is as delightful in person as she is online. We are so thrilled she was up for a visit and happy to get to meet Caroline.

Sarah' met us for dinner, so her visit was pretty short, but fun. We were all having to compete with Debi of Pilots-N-Paws, to get a chance to talk. :wink: Maybe next time we'll have enough time to meet Rene.

This was an awesome way to spend vacation time. A special thank you to all we met for making our visit so enjoyable.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble

hugapitbull
The Better Half

Previous

Return to Off-Topic