Who has a wii?

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby mnp13 » February 8th, 2011, 5:42 pm

Do you like it? Do you use it? Did you do stuff with it all the time then the novelty wore off?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby BullyLady » February 8th, 2011, 5:44 pm

I have one and love it! We use it less now than when we got it three years ago, but still use it quite regularly. :)
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby Jenn » February 8th, 2011, 5:48 pm

We have one, comes in spurts as far as usage but I like it... :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » February 8th, 2011, 7:03 pm

We have one and used it all last winter. Stopped using it as much when the weather got nice.
We bought a Kinect for Xmas this year and have been using it daily. LOVE it.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 8th, 2011, 10:24 pm

My son and daughter in law have it and love it. They use it on their big screen (the tv look like a refrigerator, but on it's side.) 8) They get new programs (or whatever they are called) for it all the time.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » February 8th, 2011, 10:36 pm

My roommate's have one... I've played it a few times but don't think it's that exciting- the controller is too weird I'd rather have something hand held with buttons. Like it's fine for the sports games where you hit a ball but driving games and stuff like that isn't much fun IMO.

I really think the xbox thing would be cool where it scans your body and "you are the controller". I prefer xbox just because the controllers are normal and you can play cool games like Call of Duty, Red Dead Redemption etc.

I should add this is coming from someone who still plays Super Nintendo, N64, and the Original Playstation. I'm way behind the times.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby mnp13 » February 8th, 2011, 10:42 pm

plebayo wrote: you can play cool games like Call of Duty, Red Dead Redemption etc.

I should add this is coming from someone who still plays Super Nintendo, N64, and the Original Playstation. I'm way behind the times.

I have no interest in first person "shooter" games. They make me motion sick. I also can't get the hang of the 12 buttons and two joysticks on the controllers.

I was more interested in the two person stuff, the wii fit, and other activities like that.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » February 9th, 2011, 12:08 am

I love the wii fit. I use it for physical therapy and to wear out the hyperactive Gremlin. I've had it for a while, a couple years at least and we still use it and fight over who gets to use it.

The part was our health insurance reimbursed us $250.00 for it under durable medical equipment because I use it 4 days a week for physical therapy.

I still can not get to the end of that stupid bubble game, I still fall off the tight wire or the ski jump. After three twisted ankles from trying to do the ski jump and falling off the balance board, I figured enough was enough on that one.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Hoyden » February 9th, 2011, 12:27 am

mnp13 wrote:
plebayo wrote: you can play cool games like Call of Duty, Red Dead Redemption etc.

I have no interest in first person "shooter" games. They make me motion sick.

Me too. Many of those games make me motions sick so I can't play them. I am having a hard time getting the endorsement I need to drive the hand controlled vehicle because part of the test is like a video game and I have a hurl bag in my lap
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby plebayo » February 9th, 2011, 12:37 am

mnp13 wrote:

I have no interest in first person "shooter" games. They make me motion sick. I also can't get the hang of the 12 buttons and two joysticks on the controllers.

I was more interested in the two person stuff, the wii fit, and other activities like that.

I wasn't even suggesting you were into those kinds of games. :|

The xbox has some kind of 'fit' type games, I think they have some kind of biggest loser workout.

Upon googling it they have this thing called 'kinect' and it scans your body and you're able to workout in the game, you are the controller. All I'm saying is that I would rather have access to something like that than the WII controls which in some cases have limited movement. I know in one of the zelda games no matter how you swing the controller it only does one movement on screen. Again I realize this has nothing to do with the things you want to do but IMO the controllers are a bit limiting and kind of bulky.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby mnp13 » February 9th, 2011, 10:19 am

plebayo wrote:you can play cool games like Call of Duty, Red Dead Redemption etc.

I wasn't even suggesting you were into those kinds of games. :|

The xbox has some kind of 'fit' type games, I think they have some kind of biggest loser workout.

Upon googling it they have this thing called 'kinect' and it scans your body and you're able to workout in the game, you are the controller. All I'm saying is that I would rather have access to something like that than the WII controls which in some cases have limited movement. I know in one of the zelda games no matter how you swing the controller it only does one movement on screen. Again I realize this has nothing to do with the things you want to do but IMO the controllers are a bit limiting and kind of bulky.

Ah sorry. You mentioned call of duty, etc. When my dad got his wii we played boxing and other stuff all Christmas morning. It was actually hard work! I'm not sure I'd call it a "workout" but it was fun.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby copperlegend » February 9th, 2011, 10:35 am

I had one for a little while, in my old apartment. The living room was too small to effectively play Wii Tennis, and after a few near-misses (Aaron gets very competitive...), I sold it. Now that we have a house and a huge living room, I wish I still had it. Cars need to stop breaking, unexpected bills need to stop appearing, then I am buying another one.
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TinaMartin » February 9th, 2011, 10:44 am

My nephews have one and we got one for CJ and Allie. They dont play it as much as they did when they first got it but it still gets regular use. CJ wants the kinect thingy. Maybe for his birthday.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby LMM » February 9th, 2011, 12:17 pm

We just got one last year and LOVE it! Don't have wii fit yet but have heard great things about it.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Jenn » February 9th, 2011, 3:53 pm

I got bored QUICK with WII Fit... Jumped right on board when it first came out, it was fun for a month top though IMO...

Jillian game sucks MAJORLY in my opinion too!!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby DemoDick » February 10th, 2011, 10:50 am

The Wii Fit told me I was "borderline obese" at 5'6", 160 lbs.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby mnp13 » February 10th, 2011, 10:58 am

But honey, you could have a Jillian game. Where she would be talking to you personally. Maybe she'll even yell at you!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TinaMartin » February 10th, 2011, 11:01 am

mnp13 wrote:But honey, you could have a Jillian game. Where she would be talking to you personally. Maybe she'll even yell at you!

:backRoll:
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby DemoDick » February 10th, 2011, 11:04 am

mnp13 wrote:But honey, you could have a Jillian game. Where she would be talking to you personally. Maybe she'll even yell at you!

If I ever get that desperate you can kill me in my sleep.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby LMM » February 10th, 2011, 11:07 am

DemoDick wrote:The Wii Fit told me I was "borderline obese" at 5'6", 160 lbs.

Demo Dick

You did remember to select MALE right? lol
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Next

Return to Off-Topic