DEBATE: Handicapped parking

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby SLS61185 » December 6th, 2010, 3:28 am

I so just realized I spelled 'straight' (I made sure to spell it right that time) wrong two times in a row... oops?
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SLS61185 » December 6th, 2010, 3:40 am

Ugh, I had something typed out and it wouldnt' let me edit it, and deleted itself!

Anyways, I think it depends on where they're at?? When my uncle was a regular street cop, he lived about an hour from the station and couldn't take his car home. There was a firestation about 15 minutes from his house and that's where he had to leave the car everyday... Now he's a sargent and has moved further away from where he was living, so I'm not sure about his car now... This was in DFW.

As for here though... There were/is a few cops that live in our subdivision.... They used to take their cars home all the time. One car didn't move from the spot it was in for a good 5-6 months at a time.. One guy would put his car in a different driveway every other day. So I"m not sure what was up with any of that... However, now that the county is broke, you don't see it as much.
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby DemoDick » December 12th, 2010, 3:22 pm

SvcDogSawyer wrote:
DemoDick wrote:Police vehicles and their operators are exempt from every Vehicle and Traffic Law in NYS. Yours may vary. I can and do park in front of hydrants, driveways, on sidewalks, etc. if I'm on a call, especially a hot one where another cop is onscene and I am backing them up. My main concern is getting to the side of the Officer to assist as needed.

This, I have no problem with. I see a lot of state troopers and other POs driving their cruisers around off duty. I don't know if they're supposed to or not, but they do.

It depends entirely on department policy. Personally, even if I had a take home car I would bring it straight home and park it. When I'm not getting paid I don't want people assuming that I'm available for service.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby cheekymunkee » December 12th, 2010, 5:58 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:Would you be mad if you were in a parking lot and found a van with handicapped tags parked...and taking up two regular parking spaces? :|

Nope not at all. Quite a few of the handicapped parking spots around here are not large enough for a van and lift. What else can you do? :|
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby TinaMartin » December 13th, 2010, 10:31 am

I have no problem with it. My sister has on more than one occasion had to unload my niece in the middle of the parking lot and then find a way to get herself out of the vehicle. When she unloads my niece one of us is always there to get her inside quickly but then who is going to help my sister?
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Previous

Return to Off-Topic