Dating..

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby AllAmericanPUP » October 5th, 2010, 9:34 pm

when it comes to dating does it bother you if the person is really uneducated about dogs? I find it a huge turn off when someone tries to tell me about how they use to breed dogs or they do breed dogs or their family does, etc. I also hate when they try to tell me about purebreds and AKC and crap.

I try to stay away from the subject of dogs at first because it seems the moment i say i have 4 dogs and love animals they try to impress me with their "knowledge".

Then i wonder if I'm being too critical but i just find it so hard to be around someone who is so uneducated but thinks they know so much..

Makes it really hard to find a guy because i have yet to meet one that has a lick of sense when it comes to dogs.
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 6th, 2010, 7:09 am

I feel ya. That's why I really don't date. I can't find anybody that is smart enough to hang around me AND my dog. :giggle:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby PetieMarie22 » October 6th, 2010, 11:37 am

My boyfriend and I agree on that kind of stuff, but then we disagree on training methods!
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby copperlegend » October 6th, 2010, 12:17 pm

Same thing has happened to me before, but with horses. Although I'm pretty sure that guy was just completely full of poop and knew nothing.
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby iluvk9 » October 6th, 2010, 3:21 pm

When I told a man I had a Lab, Golden and 2 Pit Bulls, he very kindly told me about the locking jaws on Pit Bulls. Said it was that extra row of teeth. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby LMM » October 6th, 2010, 3:35 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I feel ya. That's why I really don't date. I can't find anybody that is smart enough to hang around me AND my dog. :giggle:

Amen!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby LMM » October 6th, 2010, 3:37 pm

I was dating someone and things were going great. So then one day as he was talking about his choco lab (who IS spayed btw) and tells me "I just wish she could have had the experience to have a litter" and I said "Um why?" and he said "Oh I just would have liked to see her be a mom". I really don't get this desire at all.

I kid you not I felt totally different about him.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby copperlegend » October 6th, 2010, 3:47 pm

I dated a guy for a while, he heard me say in passing that I loved huskies and always wanted one. Didn't he drive to Ohio and buy some fancy $800 husky puppy and bring it home one weekend? It was 'for me' and I promptly ripped him a new one, telling him how stupid he was to spend so much money when there are dogs stuck in shelters, and we didn't even have time for a dog.

I'm pretty sure that's when it all went downhill. Or maybe it was when he started telling me a good dog is a dominated dog :(

Thankfully, the dog is doing well, living with his mom (we broke up years ago). I hope she's done some training with him, last I heard he was chewing everything in sight.
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby PetieMarie22 » October 6th, 2010, 3:56 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Said it was that extra row of teeth.
Kinda like a shark right? :ROFL2:

LMM wrote:"I just wish she could have had the experience to have a litter"

As part of some program my boyfriend was in (long ago, when he was a naughty teenager), he had to work at Rochester Animal Shelter and help put down the cats and dogs. So there was never a question about breeding Petie. He knew the reality, especially for pit bulls in Rochester.
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » October 6th, 2010, 5:04 pm

copperlegend wrote:I'm pretty sure that's when it all went downhill.

I am thinking that, too. :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby AllAmericanPUP » October 6th, 2010, 6:00 pm

glad to see I'm not the only one then! lol

I've been seeing this one guy off and on for about a year and a half and sometimes i just want to slap him for the crap he says. He's always trying to tell me stuff about pit bulls and crap and how he wants such and such dog.

him and his dad have a 10 year old lab that is showing signs of arthritis and i mentioned that maybe they should talk to the vet about it and get him on something to relieve some of the pain and he was just like "he's gonna die anyways" :shock:

and then we got on the subject of dog food and he's like i think my dad feeds kibbles and bits and i started to tell him how grocery store foods are just junk full of nothing of nutritional value and what not and he was just like "all dog food is the same"

:doh:
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby LMM » October 6th, 2010, 7:44 pm

Yea I'm not sure I could overlook that level of idiocy :shock:

No offense :neutral:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby AllAmericanPUP » October 6th, 2010, 9:35 pm

None taken!! i don't think i can either which is why i haven't talked to him since he said those things :D
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby TinaMartin » October 7th, 2010, 10:05 am

I so lucked out with Charles. The man is amazing when it comes to the dogs! He didnt grow up with them and only had bad dog experience with his ex. He has no fear of Gator and actually listens when I tell him what he needs to do. He had no problem with me telling him there would be a second dog when I got Sorsha. If anyone can figure out the cloning process we can give it a shot! He also has manners, works, cooks and cleans. I just wish there were more people like him and less idiots.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Return to Off-Topic