THE CONFESSION THREAD

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby plebayo » March 7th, 2011, 1:35 am

mnp13 wrote:
plebayo wrote:it's something I notice in pictures too. I'm horrible :p

So do I, and I've been guilty of editing my dog's nails in photoshop because I'm so embarrassed at how long they are. :oops: :oops: :oops:

There's been a few times I've felt the same way about my dogs, I didn't even think about photoshop! :doh:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby call2arms » March 8th, 2011, 10:13 pm

I'm so sick of doing nail trims at work (free with consultations), Jack only gets them every 2-3 weeks. What's the expression, a barefoot shoemaker? Anyway. I know better... And I also notice long nails.

I also get a major kick of trimming long nails on animals under anesthesia. It's just sooooo satisfying. Sort of like popping sebaceous cysts :oops: .
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby plebayo » March 8th, 2011, 10:16 pm

call2arms wrote:I also get a major kick of trimming long nails on animals under anesthesia. It's just sooooo satisfying. Sort of like popping sebaceous cysts :oops: .

Soooo true.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby call2arms » March 8th, 2011, 11:44 pm

Doesn't take me much to be happy... lol
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby SLS61185 » March 11th, 2011, 3:49 am

I refuse to let anyone other than my husband do Patchy's nails. One stupid b*tch quicked him THREE times when he was a puppy... Ever since then, I refuse it. Mike's the only one that can do them. Patch HATES his feet done, no matter what you do. So, I just let him bite me while Mike does them.

I get tired of everyone commenting on his nails. We've got them cut down asfar as they will go. He's a big boy and has big thick quicks. Can't take much off. His nails look long when they aren't. His middle nails on both front feet 'turn' into each other when he stands. He is fine.

When we had him in classes, I can't tell you how many times his trainer said to cut his nails. I kept my mouth shut. Took everything for me not to tell her to shut the hell up, that she's his trainer, not his freaking vet.

I hate people. And yes, I'm in a good mood.
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TheRedQueen » March 11th, 2011, 9:19 am

SLS61185 wrote:I refuse to let anyone other than my husband do Patchy's nails. One stupid b*tch quicked him THREE times when he was a puppy... Ever since then, I refuse it. Mike's the only one that can do them. Patch HATES his feet done, no matter what you do. So, I just let him bite me while Mike does them.

I get tired of everyone commenting on his nails. We've got them cut down asfar as they will go. He's a big boy and has big thick quicks. Can't take much off. His nails look long when they aren't. His middle nails on both front feet 'turn' into each other when he stands. He is fine.

When we had him in classes, I can't tell you how many times his trainer said to cut his nails. I kept my mouth shut. Took everything for me not to tell her to shut the hell up, that she's his trainer, not his freaking vet.

Teach him to do his own nails!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby SLS61185 » March 11th, 2011, 1:36 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:Teach him to do his own nails!

I wish! Really though, I'd like to teach him to cook, clean, do laundry and go to work for me. Needs to start paying his own way!
Stac

SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby plebayo » March 11th, 2011, 5:02 pm

SLS61185 wrote:

I wish! Really though, I'd like to teach him to cook, clean, do laundry and go to work for me. Needs to start paying his own way!

I think she was serious...

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30081&start=0&hilit=doggie+nail+file

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TnspwF1q_0
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby SLS61185 » March 12th, 2011, 1:56 pm

plebayo wrote:
SLS61185 wrote:

I think she was serious...

http://www.pitbulltalk.com/viewtopic.ph ... +nail+file

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TnspwF1q_0

Ooooohhhh!! (Though, I'm still serious about the rest of the stuff). I wonder if it would work with him. He doesn't 'target'. He just gives you his paw when he wants something. Hmm, maybe the husband will do it for me.
Stac

SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TheRedQueen » March 12th, 2011, 2:12 pm

:D yup, I was serious...lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby amalie79 » March 14th, 2011, 11:24 am

You guys are about to find me in the Mighty Dog aisle with Joyce.

Simon's become very, very picky about his food-- and there seems to be no rhyme or reason. I thought it was the antibiotics, but that's not it. Beef and oats appears to be tolerable. Most of the time. Not always. :neutral:

This morning, I was losing my temper and my patience, late for work, Simon AND Birdie not eating. Adam offered to try to feed him again later in the morning thinking maybe the time change had him off. I got a phone call on the way to work; still zero interest in the beef and quinoa...but a helluva appetite for cold pizza. :|

My dog is turning into a frat boy. :rolleyes2:

Whatever makes him happy. He had a rough evening yesterday. I laid with him on his dog bed for a while and held his paw. He didn't even flinch. He has such arthritis that he's always wary of anyone touching his paws. But last night he just looked at my hand and laid back down. :(

This is getting really hard.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » April 16th, 2011, 8:11 am

Harleybird is off the Mighty Dog and now will only eat dog biscuits for breakfast, Natural Choice canned and Wellness Core dry for the other 2 meals. And I let him have canned cat food if he wants a late night snack. :dance:

As for my new confession...I had "something" in my attic. Scratching at night. :shocker: I was going to put the house up for sale, but instead called an exterminator.

When he said he can set up a "Have-a-Heart trap", I said..."OH NO. You will kill it and take it out of there."

He caught some deer mice. I was a little nauseous when he told me they were killed in the trap, but at least I don't have to sell the house.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » April 16th, 2011, 8:24 am

I am with you. Kill the suckers. I don't want anything in my attic.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 16th, 2011, 10:05 am

:giggle:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Hoyden » April 16th, 2011, 6:41 pm

The month of March was trail by fire and I feel like I belong in a burn unit.

10 orders (not collars, orders) left out of well over 80. I am almost done. Thank the Gods.

The UPS man thinks I am into BDSM with the amount of leather & hardware delivered to my house.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby TheRedQueen » June 30th, 2011, 6:22 pm

I have only so much "give a crap" left in me lately...

TheRedQueen

Postby Hoyden » June 30th, 2011, 8:18 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:
SLS61185 wrote:I refuse to let anyone other than my husband do Patchy's nails. One stupid b*tch quicked him THREE times when he was a puppy... Ever since then, I refuse it. Mike's the only one that can do them. Patch HATES his feet done, no matter what you do. So, I just let him bite me while Mike does them.

Erin - how do you do the nails on their back paws?
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby TheRedQueen » June 30th, 2011, 8:32 pm

Hoyden wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:

Erin - how do you do the nails on their back paws?

I know some people that have clicker trained the back paw scratch. I just clip the backones when they need it..since they don't usually need them done as often.

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » July 1st, 2011, 1:34 pm

Take him to a tennis court and play with him. The court surface does all the work for you.

If he's high enough drive, he'll likely quick himself quite badly and not pay any attention. That's how I do Riggs' nails, and I let him play until he is a bloody mess - he doesn't notice at the time and I give him some pain killers for the next two days and all is well. His nails get nice and short, and if I keep them trimmed, the quicks stay nice and short.

However, pay careful attention to his stop pads if you are playing fetch because the surface can do some real damage to them. I wrap his front legs in vet wrap - he hates it but totally forgets about it when I get out the ball.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » July 3rd, 2011, 6:53 pm

I just ate a bag of M&Ms with pretzels inside for dinner. I think I am going to puke.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic