THE CONFESSION THREAD

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Hundilein » February 9th, 2011, 12:00 am

Yesterday I made a vet appointment for Renee because I found a really weird growth on the bottom of her foot last week. Right after I made the appointment, I checked her foot to see how it was doing and the thing was gone. I kept the appointment just to be safe and I'm pretty sure the new vet at work thinks I'm a nutcase now. I know I didn't imagine it because I had a friend of mine who is a vet look at it on Friday and she said it would probably need to be removed.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby airwalk » February 9th, 2011, 12:02 am

Hundilein wrote:Yesterday I made a vet appointment for Renee because I found a really weird growth on the bottom of her foot last week. Right after I made the appointment, I checked her foot to see how it was doing and the thing was gone. I kept the appointment just to be safe and I'm pretty sure the new vet at work thinks I'm a nutcase now. I know I didn't imagine it because I had a friend of mine who is a vet look at it on Friday and she said it would probably need to be removed.

Better safe than sorry!
airwalk
I live here

Postby Hundilein » February 11th, 2011, 9:32 pm

Ricochet got adopted yesterday. I'm still trying to decide how I feel about it. I mean, I'm happy that he got a home, and I'm told he went to a nice family. I just can't quite figure out if I feel kind of disappointed that I didn't adopt him, or if I'm relieved that he got adopted before I gave in and brought him home with me.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby SisMorphine » February 11th, 2011, 11:16 pm

My keys went missing at work today. After searching EVERYWHERE for them for over 20 minutes (including the fridge and freezer just in case) I called my boss and accused him of accidentally scooping them up before he left. He denied it, I didn't believe him.

10 minutes later one of my employees found them in a box in the grooming room . . . where I had thrown them while rearranging furniture. WHOOPS!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby TheRedQueen » February 12th, 2011, 12:41 am

Sarah...now you can take Galaxie off my hands, and you won't feel guilty anymore!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby plebayo » February 12th, 2011, 2:09 am

I feel like I have to confess this since I'm always embarrassed when I go to buy cat food.

I feed Napolean Fancy Feast Fish & Shrimp feast. He's allergic to every cat food known to man, fish products make him react less. He has issues with struvite crystals and has been semi-blocked twice and he's HORRIBLE at work and has to be sedated to be treated. He was on First Mate Fish Flakes & Potato which also had Blueberries as an ingredient that was supposed to help with bladder issues but he got plugged while on the food. I only feed him 2-3 cans of food per day and he doesn't really poop that much... I am keeping him on the cheap stuff till he starts itching his face off and then I will put him on Avoderm or Tiki cat... it's hard to find foods because most "fish" foods have other protein sources in them. I used to get some fish packets from a company in new zealand but they quit making them :(
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby amalie79 » February 12th, 2011, 2:44 am

plebayo wrote:I feel like I have to confess this since I'm always embarrassed when I go to buy cat food.

I feed Napolean Fancy Feast Fish & Shrimp feast. He's allergic to every cat food known to man, fish products make him react less. He has issues with struvite crystals and has been semi-blocked twice and he's HORRIBLE at work and has to be sedated to be treated. He was on First Mate Fish Flakes & Potato which also had Blueberries as an ingredient that was supposed to help with bladder issues but he got plugged while on the food. I only feed him 2-3 cans of food per day and he doesn't really poop that much... I am keeping him on the cheap stuff till he starts itching his face off and then I will put him on Avoderm or Tiki cat... it's hard to find foods because most "fish" foods have other protein sources in them. I used to get some fish packets from a company in new zealand but they quit making them :(

I know I've read that fish foods can aggravate struvite problems, but then I feel like I heard it might not matter? I've had one of my guys block and 3 of them have crystals and a fourth is allergic to everything, so I feel your pain! :(

Have you tried Weruva or Soulistic? Same thing-- Soulistic is the name PetCo packages it under, but if you look up Soulistic, you don't find a lot of info. They're almost exclusively seafood-- tilapia, skipjack, tuna, shrimp... When I tried to switch to chicken, I could only finds a couple of flavors. And my guys LOVE it. It's the only canned food they reliably eat. They're very high in moisture content, which might be good for the crystals... :|

http://www.petco.com/Shop/petco_Product ... =soulistic
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 12th, 2011, 6:53 am

plebayo wrote:I feel like I have to confess this since I'm always embarrassed when I go to buy cat food.

:giggle: Was that you in the cat food aisle when I was buying Harley his Mighty Dog? 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » February 12th, 2011, 11:59 am

amalie79 wrote:

I know I've read that fish foods can aggravate struvite problems, but then I feel like I heard it might not matter? I've had one of my guys block and 3 of them have crystals and a fourth is allergic to everything, so I feel your pain! :(

Have you tried Weruva or Soulistic? Same thing-- Soulistic is the name PetCo packages it under, but if you look up Soulistic, you don't find a lot of info. They're almost exclusively seafood-- tilapia, skipjack, tuna, shrimp... When I tried to switch to chicken, I could only finds a couple of flavors. And my guys LOVE it. It's the only canned food they reliably eat. They're very high in moisture content, which might be good for the crystals... :|

http://www.petco.com/Shop/petco_Product ... =soulistic

I think I read somewhere as well fish can cause an issue, I think fishy foods might have a higher ash content? I think I read somewhere ash can cause a problem.

Weruva doesn't have anything he can eat that I have seen. He's also allergic to peas so he can't have food with that in it. :| I've never heard of Soulistic, maybe I'll check it out at Petco today, it looks like Tiki Cat which is all fish ingredients as well.

iluvk9 wrote:

:giggle: Was that you in the cat food aisle when I was buying Harley his Mighty Dog? 8)

LOL yeah, you should have said Hi!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Hoyden » February 12th, 2011, 2:10 pm

The intern at my doctor's office thought I had jaundice because my hands & nails had a yellow tinge to them after I spilled a whole bottle of leather dye.

The guy was SUCH a wanker, I didn't bother correcting him and let him look stupid to my doctor.

Fortunately, my doctor knows better and figured I had been doing something else strange. He told the resident about the time I came in with one smurf blue foot & ankle during the summer because I didn't realize the indigo dye was dripping on my foot since I can't feel it.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby TheRedQueen » February 12th, 2011, 4:40 pm

:(

I think I've mentioned it before, but Rip had to eat Pedigree Puppy when he was young...everything else, even the special crap from the Vet...gave him the squirts big time. We hit upon this, and for whatever reason...it worked. I eventually weaned him off, but it was so embarrassing! :wink:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby iluvk9 » February 12th, 2011, 5:56 pm

Hoyden wrote:The guy was SUCH a wanker.....

LMAO
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 12th, 2011, 6:36 pm

I love that so many of the "confessions" in here are about feeding crappy food! lmao
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby madremissy » February 12th, 2011, 6:52 pm

I fed myself crappy food today. :oops: But it was oooooh so good. After I got done at the gym I stopped by Dairy Queen and got a SMALL dipped cone. I was in heaven. I haven't had one in months. I ejoyed every single bite of it. :D
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Hoyden » February 12th, 2011, 7:28 pm

madremissy wrote:I fed myself crappy food today. :oops: But it was oooooh so good. After I got done at the gym I stopped by Dairy Queen and got a SMALL dipped cone. I was in heaven. I haven't had one in months. I ejoyed every single bite of it. :D

The ONLY food establishment that I will not take Birdie into is Dairy Queen or the Big Dipper. She loves ice cream so much that she drools monstrous puddles if I eat inside.

Birdie LOVES Dairy Queen. She gets whip lash when I drive by them. I swear she can smell them 1/2 mile away.

I finally stopped battling it and gave in. I get her one of those small cones with a flat bottom, and ask them to fill it with low fat frozen yogurt but only 1/2 the size. We sit outside, far away from everyone as possible. She lies down with the cone between her paws, licks up the frozen yogurt then, munches the cone.

I take her into the butcher, she could careless. She's laid down and watched my neighbor cut up a deer he shot and package it up. She didn't move or drool.

:| :| :crazy2: :crazy2: Dog is retarded.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby TheRedQueen » February 17th, 2011, 11:26 pm

I try to get the van strategically placed in traffic, in front of cars with dog bumper stickers...so they can read my business sign on the back of the van.

TheRedQueen

Postby iluvk9 » February 18th, 2011, 6:29 am

TheRedQueen wrote:I try to get the van strategically placed in traffic, in front of cars with dog bumper stickers...so they can read my business sign on the back of the van.

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TinaMartin » February 18th, 2011, 10:19 am

TheRedQueen wrote:I try to get the van strategically placed in traffic, in front of cars with dog bumper stickers...so they can read my business sign on the back of the van.

I think this is just being a smart business woman! :dance: I would do the same thing...
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Muttkip » February 20th, 2011, 2:27 am

My confession

It seems the ONLY food my dogs don't have massive breakouts to is GULP Ol' Roy :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Muttkip
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » February 20th, 2011, 6:53 am

Muttkip wrote:My confession

It seems the ONLY food my dogs don't have massive breakouts to is GULP Ol' Roy :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I bet you are hiding in the aisle next to the one I buy the Mighty Dog from? Wave next time. :wink:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic