THE CONFESSION THREAD

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 9th, 2011, 10:19 am

*stands up* My name is Liz, and I'm addicted to my new Droid, the LG Vortex. *sits back down*
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TinaMartin » January 10th, 2011, 12:35 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:*stands up* My name is Liz, and I'm addicted to my new Droid, the LG Vortex. *sits back down*

Tina welcomes Liz to the cult of Droid. One of us One of us One of us...
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 10th, 2011, 1:06 pm

I now understand the cursing of "Angry Birds!!!!" that I've been hearing tossed around, thanks to the Droid.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Hoyden » January 10th, 2011, 1:15 pm

I got so frustrated with trying to post new fabrics to my website yesterday that I THREW the wireless mouse across the house. (It was the mouses fault, it refuses to talk to the damn laptop despite software updates, reloading software, etc....)

Birdie fetched it back for me like a good dog and looked at me like I was just stupid.

She is now sleeping with the wireless mouse and I am using one with the annoying wire until the new one gets here.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby ArtGypsy » January 10th, 2011, 2:10 pm

Hoyden wrote:I got so frustrated with trying to post new fabrics to my website yesterday that I THREW the wireless mouse across the house. (It was the mouses fault, it refuses to talk to the damn laptop despite software updates, reloading software, etc....)

Birdie fetched it back for me like a good dog and looked at me like I was just stupid.

She is now sleeping with the wireless mouse and I am using one with the annoying wire until the new one gets here.

:ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
Sorry...Not trying to laugh at your frustration; but the idea of of Birdie sleeping with the wireless mouse, after you chucked it across the room, is just too funny! :D
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby iluvk9 » January 16th, 2011, 9:08 am

I have become obsessed with unplugging electical devices not in use.

I read that if you unplug all those things you aren't really using, you can save like 25 cents a day. 8) Long Island's electric rates are ridiculously high....as in over $150. a month without the a/c's running.

So....I have become obsessive over it. Make coffee: uplug it! Not using stereo: Unplug it! Lamp rarely used in living room: unplug it!

Now I am just annoying myself. :rolleyes2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » January 16th, 2011, 9:12 am

Ugh... I have contemplated unplugging my crap, but the thought of having to constantly reset/reprogram the microwave, the coffee maker, my alarm clock, the TV... I'm not quite there yet. :bs: :rolleyes2:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » January 16th, 2011, 9:18 am

I learned not to unplug the TV or the cable thing has to re-boot. Same with lights on timers. Everything else is fair game.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ArtGypsy » January 16th, 2011, 9:20 am

I've done the same thing over the years.......TV/DVD/SAT/ UNPLUGGED.....coffee pots (with clocks/timers) unplugged.
MIcrowave. same.

From what I 've been told, ANY device that has a remote, is always "on" even if it's turned off because it is always 'waiting' for a signal.

YEARS ago our electric company sent out a booklet on phantom useage, and I was astounded at how much elec. is pulled from simple things like auto. coffee makers......

I used to turn off the computer/modem until I had problems; then the internet folks told me that modems REALLY should not be turned on and off.
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby mnp13 » January 16th, 2011, 10:18 am

Things that draw power 24/7: transformers (phone/ computer chargers), things with clocks or timers (though it's minimal if it's a clock radio or the clock on your stove), cable box, DVR, etc. Basically, anything that is "waiting for a signal" from a remote is drawing power at all times.

Things that do NOT draw power unless you are using them: lamp, toaster, paper shredder, washer, drier

To save electric, unplug all chargers when you're not using them. Those little "cubes" (the transformers) draw a relatively significant amount of power even when they aren't actually charging anything. The cable box/DVR is basically a computer, and when it's plugged it, it's kinda like having a computer running in sleep mode all the time without a screen. Minimal use, but it adds up. I've never heard that you shouldn't cycle a modem all the time, it's just annoying because it takes a while.

A digital clock with a timer draws about nothing, I really wouldn't worry about it.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » January 16th, 2011, 11:45 am

Great. Thanks, Michelle. Like I had nothing else to do today except go DOUBLE CHECK my connections. I never leave those charger things connected on anything.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amalie79 » January 16th, 2011, 2:07 pm

ArtGypsy wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:
iluvk9 wrote:It's better than being The Crazy Cat Lady, or worse, just The Crazy Lady. Like we think of Debby. :dance:

Weeelllllll...doesn't Grace have some cats too? :dance: :smileUp:

Ahem. :oops: Five.
at one time, I had FOURTEEN. :crazy2:

((not INTENTIONALLY, of course. two preggie females dumped and WEll. VIOLA'. Cat Farm)) :wine: :wine: :wink:

Somehow I just saw this... WE ARE THE SAME :o :shock: :wink:

I have 5... and used to have 17. And also not intentionally, but, well... My parents told me at the time that they'd be arrested if I told anyone how many we had, so I was a very well-trained grade-school liar. Now, even as an adult, I'm afraid to tell people we have 8 animals-- like maybe I missed a law somewhere and the ACO will come take me to animal jail if I admit to it. :oops: :oops:
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » January 16th, 2011, 9:09 pm

I don't tell people how many cats I have either...usually. (five)

I do have another foster dog...she arrived tonight (long story, for another time). I'm going to test her out for flyball, since I don't have a flyball dog to train right now. That makes two foster dogs, one SDiT, 9 foster puppies, six of my own dogs, a GSD who is boarding...and a Bouvier for board/flyball-train. I'm tired...but happy that everyone's tired and happy tonight...:)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Hoyden » January 16th, 2011, 10:49 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:I don't tell people how many cats I have either...usually. (five)

I do have another foster dog...she arrived tonight (long story, for another time). I'm going to test her out for flyball, since I don't have a flyball dog to train right now. That makes two foster dogs, one SDiT, 9 foster puppies, six of my own dogs, a GSD who is boarding...and a Bouvier for board/flyball-train. I'm tired...but happy that everyone's tired and happy tonight...:)

Can I send you the Gremlin to wear out since you have more than a herd of dogs? She clears tables, loads and unloads the dish washer, carries things up and down the stairs for me, switches laundry, sweeps, vacuums, does poop duty and complains that we don't have enough dogs to play with. She'll feed the dogs and give them water if you let her.

She was playing with her friend in the house with armored battle hamsters, nerf dart guns and the dog. They put a BIG dent in the wall. I think we have to replace the sheet rock. :cuss:

This was AFTER they were sledding for two hours and playing outside with the dog for another hour. :doh:
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » January 16th, 2011, 11:49 pm

Noel you KNOW that I'll take Grem any day of the week. Most helpful kid ever.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby iluvk9 » January 17th, 2011, 6:46 am

Lordie, if she were male, she would make the perfect husband. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » January 17th, 2011, 9:39 am

Sure, she can join the pack of kids I am hoarding now too!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » January 24th, 2011, 9:50 am

I'm bitter and jaded this morning. I sit here, reading FB updates about the new litter of BCs that a friend has bred. Great parents, fantastic breeding, everything that needs to be done is done...the pups are all spoken for already...to flyball/agility people. Yet, I'm annoyed. I sit here with 8 little pups that no one wants, that no one has spoken for...and there is more breeding going on.

I'm all for good breedings...I really am...but today, I'm sad and frustrated.

TheRedQueen

Postby TinaMartin » January 24th, 2011, 9:58 am

TheRedQueen wrote:I'm bitter and jaded this morning. I sit here, reading FB updates about the new litter of BCs that a friend has bred. Great parents, fantastic breeding, everything that needs to be done is done...the pups are all spoken for already...to flyball/agility people. Yet, I'm annoyed. I sit here with 8 little pups that no one wants, that no one has spoken for...and there is more breeding going on.

I'm all for good breedings...I really am...but today, I'm sad and frustrated.

Everyone is allowed to have moments of frustration Erin. I have to admit that I enjoy jabbing people verbally when I hear them talk about breeding such and such dog cause they are cute. I dont have a problem with purpose bred litters that exist for a reason but I have a huge problem with the ones that "just happen" or just because they are cute. :groupHug:
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby mnp13 » January 24th, 2011, 10:44 am

No worries, on another forum I'm on, someone is talking about how he'd be happy to pay $500 for a puppy from untitled, untested, unproven adolescent parents if he thought the breeding was "promising."

If only we could throw our ethics out the window and breed doodle dogs, I'd have the ultimate wedding of my dreams and no financial problems at all!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic