THE CONFESSION THREAD

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby call2arms » February 20th, 2011, 10:54 pm

I just wonder what do they put in there.

My mom's Golden lived happily for 15 out of 16 years on Jappy. The only food she would eat as a puppy. Was euthanized because of major loss of quality of life due to a gigantic, heavy lipoma on a hip, no cancer or anything funky. Survived a pretty heavy stroke, still policed the kids out on the street for 2 years after that. Here's the magic food: http://fruitcrystalsantigua.com/itm00337.htm
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby iluvk9 » February 21st, 2011, 7:53 am

"Jappy" 8)

Growing up, our dogs lived on cans of "Ken-L-Ration". It was owned by Quaker Company and is no longer made. There was a song we always sang, from their commercials:

My dog's faster than your dog,
My dog's bigger than yours.
My dog's better 'cause he gets Ken-L Ration,
My dog's better than yours.

Our dogs always lived to 15 and never went to the Vet unless we remembered to get them their rabies vaccinations.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amalie79 » February 21st, 2011, 10:34 am

Simon ate whatever was on sale for the first 13 years of his life. :oops:

However, he only ever went to the vet for his shots and about 3 other times for ear infection, hot spots, or...surely there was another reason... :| Who knows. The vet was shocked at how short his record is for how old he is. They've got young dogs with records 5 or 6 times as long as his. He's working on 16 years old, especially long for a retriever/setter sized dog.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » February 21st, 2011, 10:51 am

The Wiener sits in my lap with his front feet on the table, looking out the windows, as I type on the computer. He's sitting here now, editing this post.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby SvcDogSawyer » February 21st, 2011, 2:50 pm

I know it's not a guy thing, but I really like going to Tea.
John & Sawyer

"Damn Walkies"
SvcDogSawyer
Not Patrick's Nipple

Postby TheRedQueen » February 21st, 2011, 4:42 pm

SvcDogSawyer wrote:I know it's not a guy thing, but I really like going to Tea.

It's a guy thing in England. ;)

Girly-man :neener:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby copperlegend » February 22nd, 2011, 10:21 am

my bf has been practically begging me to host a 'proper Sunday tea' one of these weekends. He wants crumpets, scones, tea ssandwiches, clotted cream, the whole 9 yards. He was born in London, but has lived here for 15+ years. I don't think I could pull it off. In fact, I am feeling anxious just thinking about it.
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TheRedQueen » February 22nd, 2011, 3:53 pm

copperlegend wrote:

my bf has been practically begging me to host a 'proper Sunday tea' one of these weekends. He wants crumpets, scones, tea ssandwiches, clotted cream, the whole 9 yards. He was born in London, but has lived here for 15+ years. I don't think I could pull it off. In fact, I am feeling anxious just thinking about it.

I'm sure you can find a tea room in your area...they're pretty popular right now

http://www.teaguide.net/

TheRedQueen

Postby LMM » February 22nd, 2011, 5:49 pm

We have La Tea Da here right on Park Ave. :D
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 22nd, 2011, 7:28 pm

How neat - I have a tea room 10 minutes from my house! I'll have to go check them out!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » February 22nd, 2011, 7:54 pm

We love our tea room...they love us too. :) They're moving down the street to a bigger place because they're turning people away on Saturdays!

TheRedQueen

Postby copperlegend » February 23rd, 2011, 9:53 am

LMM wrote:We have La Tea Da here right on Park Ave. :D

Have you ever been there? How is it?

Ok, maybe this sounds like it'll be fun now :D
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby LMM » February 23rd, 2011, 10:38 am

I haven't but my mom took Mia and they had a great time!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby amalie79 » February 23rd, 2011, 10:59 am

I used to live in London and one of my all time favorite things to do was go outside the city on a Saturday afternoon to a village tea house and have a whole pot to myself. Best alone-time ever, and they don't look at you like you're crazy when you eat somewhere by yourself over there.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » February 23rd, 2011, 11:34 am

amalie79 wrote:I used to live in London and one of my all time favorite things to do was go outside the city on a Saturday afternoon to a village tea house and have a whole pot to myself. Best alone-time ever, and they don't look at you like you're crazy when you eat somewhere by yourself over there.

Most tea places here don't mind if you pop in for a cuppa by yourself either. I've sat in many a tea room by myself... 8)

TheRedQueen

Postby amalie79 » February 23rd, 2011, 11:47 am

TheRedQueen wrote:Most tea places here don't mind if you pop in for a cuppa by yourself either. I've sat in many a tea room by myself... 8)

Strangers are also willing to share tables over there-- not enough room in the world to be picky. Over here, if someone is sitting in even ONE of the FOUR lounge chairs at Panera, everyone acts like that person has cooties and steers clear; but when that one person leaves, it's a mad dash to snag the whole lounge area. :rolleyes2:

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 24th, 2011, 11:33 am

Is it wrong? :sad2:

I gave my son a small bag full of the carob/peanut butter cookies from Three Dog Bakery. I mean, he only eats healthy foods, and he COULD have noticed the dog bone on the cookie part. :dance: He did say he liked them. :smileUp:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » February 24th, 2011, 1:15 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Is it wrong? :sad2:

I gave my son a small bag full of the carob/peanut butter cookies from Three Dog Bakery. I mean, he only eats healthy foods, and he COULD have noticed the dog bone on the cookie part. :dance: He did say he liked them. :smileUp:

:giggle:
John always knows to ask first...

TheRedQueen

Postby plebayo » March 7th, 2011, 12:48 am

Okay time to confess again:

I'm a dog nail trim nazi. I trim my dogs nails once a week, as well as dremmel them. I can't stand long dog nails and it's something I notice in pictures too. I'm horrible :p
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby mnp13 » March 7th, 2011, 12:58 am

plebayo wrote:it's something I notice in pictures too. I'm horrible :p

So do I, and I've been guilty of editing my dog's nails in photoshop because I'm so embarrassed at how long they are. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic