Un real...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby mnp13 » September 2nd, 2010, 11:18 am

So, I have some occasional part time work taking pictures of high school sports teams for a local company.

A few weeks ago I had a shoot with two football teams who were having a very hard time standing still for the 30 minutes it was taking to do the pictures of all of the players and the team. Varsity and then JV, and both were rather unruly, could not keep their mouths closed for longer than 10 seconds, and it was getting on everyone's nerves. At some point I said a naughty word, I don't remember when I said it, but evidently I did... because I just got a call from the owner of the company.

Apparently, the day after, the athletic director of the school called with a complaint that the photographer (that would be me) used inappropriate language with the players. Now, of course, I do not blame the company owner for speaking to me, this is his livelihood. But with 6 coaches standing there, not controlling the players, it was a little stressful and it must have just slipped out. However, I do recall them actually doing as they were told after I got irritated, and maybe it was the shock of hearing an "adult" say a bad word.

I said "shut up."
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17232
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby amazincc » September 2nd, 2010, 11:36 am

How DARE you???!!! :shock: >(




:rolleyes2: lol
User avatar
amazincc
Jessica & Mick
 
Posts: 9814
Location: Holding them both in my heart.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 2nd, 2010, 11:52 am

Just "shut up" or "shut the f*** up"? Were these delicate little football players incapable of hearing such stern words as "shut up"? Is that seriously all you said???
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
User avatar
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing
 
Posts: 15437
Location: Cleveland, OH

Postby mnp13 » September 2nd, 2010, 12:04 pm

I did NOT say f- anything. I asked them to "be quiet" about 30 times, then finally said the dreaded words.

The complaint from the athletic director was "that your photographer told the players to shut up and that it was inappropriate."

I guess a team of 40 boys who can't keep their mouths closed and follow simple instructions so that the pictures can get done, while their coaches just stand there and hang out, well... it was too much for them. Or a parent who was nearby. Or someone. Regardless, the complaint was made (or the AD himself heard it) and the AD was upset enough about my use of such horrible language that he called the owner of the company to have me set straight.

Now, to give the owner credit, he didn't flip out on me or anything. He's not happy about getting dressed down because of my mouth, but seriously? My 3 year old nephew will tell you "shut up is a bad word" if he hears you say it, and if he says it he gets parked in time out, but high school kids? If I came home in high school and said "an adult told me to shut up" I am the one who would have gotten in trouble for annoying an adult to the point where they had to say that!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17232
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby amazincc » September 2nd, 2010, 12:27 pm

You might want to go with :"Halt die Schnauze!" from now on... :| :smileUp:
User avatar
amazincc
Jessica & Mick
 
Posts: 9814
Location: Holding them both in my heart.

Postby DemoDick » September 2nd, 2010, 1:17 pm

I was there and it was pathetic. The current generation of wussified "males" all need a swift kick in the ass and a slap across the face, including their parents. If we acted like that in HS we would have been cussed out and drilled into the ground running laps and doing guerilla drills until we puked (I know because it happened). Then we would have gotten over it, shut our mouths and gotten our minds right. Lesson learned. And we damn sure wouldn't have said crap to our parents about it or there would have been even more hell to pay.

Instead, they get told to "shut up" and it causes some limp-wristed overpaid school administrator to register a complaint. What a pussy.

The sad thing is that it is the adults that foster and embolden this shit. And then they complain when little Timmy gets his widdle feelings hurt by the big bad world.

Note to parents, teachers, and administrators: your kids are not special. They are not unique little snowflakes. Sometimes they act like assholes and need to get their crap straight. Many of them are going to amount to nothing in life because you set a crappy example. Congratulations on screwing up an entire generation of kids. It's all downhill from here.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
User avatar
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun
 
Posts: 1910
Location: New York

Postby Pit♥bull » September 2nd, 2010, 1:41 pm

DemoDick wrote:Congratulations on screwing up an entire generation of kids. It's all downhill from here.

Demo Dick
I've been saying that for quite a few years. . . . Glad to have ya back Demo, I was beginning to think Michelle had killed you and told God you died. :|
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully
 
Posts: 1207

Postby DemoDick » September 2nd, 2010, 2:04 pm

A lot of people think this is just be being a humorous "grumpy old man" but I am legitimately sickened by what I see.

We have transformed from a country that produced men like Audie Murphy, George S. Patton, Andrew Jackson and Thomas Jefferson into a country that regularly produces this:

Image

Seriously, what the fuck?

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
User avatar
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun
 
Posts: 1910
Location: New York

Postby mnp13 » September 2nd, 2010, 2:18 pm

Ya know, it's not that I was screaming and yelling or swearing. Or anything else. The boys were just being bored boys and not listening. The coaches weren't keeping them quiet, they weren't listening, so the pictures were taking way longer than they needed to. And the same individual that made the complaint about my "language" also commented about how long it was taking while we were there. It was just really irritating, and yeah, I probably did say shut up. Well, evidently I did say it because I don't think the guy is lieing about it. But to be so upset that a phone call has to be made and a complaint? Some people would have told me that I'm fired over that complaint, and I'm very lucky that I wasn't. I will be certain that it never comes out of my mouth again that's for sure. But I am mortified that it happened, but completely dumb founded that there was a complaint about it.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17232
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby Pit♥bull » September 2nd, 2010, 2:23 pm

DemoDick wrote:"grumpy old man"
Sorry, that's reserved for me :P

DemoDick wrote:Seriously, what the fuck?

Demo Dick
Agreed, but that's also what our folks said about us. :rolleyes2:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully
 
Posts: 1207

Postby Jenn » September 2nd, 2010, 2:33 pm

I couldn't agree more with you Demo, it's disgusting...

On a side note, I remember how the coaches talked to the guys when I was in high school, and even how the girls were talked to as well. Shut up would have been appreciated compared to the things that were actually said.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
User avatar
Jenn
undecided
 
Posts: 11382
Location: TX

Postby DemoDick » September 2nd, 2010, 3:00 pm

Pit♥Bull wrote:Agreed, but that's also what our folks said about us. :rolleyes2:[/b]


Yep. And they were right. We've been sliding downhill since WWII. We now have a culture where the most unpardonable sin is to hurt someone's feelings.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
User avatar
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun
 
Posts: 1910
Location: New York

Postby iluvk9 » September 2nd, 2010, 3:28 pm

DemoDick wrote: They are not unique little snowflakes.


8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!
 
Posts: 14900
Location: New York

Postby TheRedQueen » September 2nd, 2010, 4:18 pm

iluvk9 wrote:
DemoDick wrote: They are not unique little snowflakes.


8)


Ahem...some of us are...*traipses along clicking her dogs*
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
User avatar
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.
 
Posts: 7184
Location: Maryland

Postby BigDogBuford » September 2nd, 2010, 4:45 pm

That's so stupid.

I had a client complain about me once because I called their dog a Pit Bull. Which she is....a Pit Bull. They called and said that I clearly didn't like Pit Bulls.

WTF?
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
User avatar
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.
 
Posts: 2053
Location: Lake Stevens, WA

Postby BullyLady » September 2nd, 2010, 4:54 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:That's so stupid.

I had a client complain about me once because I called their dog a Pit Bull. Which she is....a Pit Bull. They called and said that I clearly didn't like Pit Bulls.

WTF?



:confused:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
User avatar
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd
 
Posts: 1060
Location: E Washington State

Postby mnp13 » September 2nd, 2010, 5:04 pm

It was probably your tone. You know... you said Pit Bull with "that tone." So it clearly indicated that you don't like the breed, so of course that mandated a complaint. WTFE.

I'm just mystified about someone deciding to see if it was worth my job. Because with some bosses it could have been, and I am very thankful that it wasn't, though we'll see when I get another call back... I truly don't think it will be conscious but now I'm a liability because I could have cost him a huge account with my horrible mouth.

I could see it if I said "shut the f up you obnoxious little brats, can't you stand still for 30 whole minutes with your g-d f'n damn mouths closed?" but... that's not quite what I said...

*sigh*
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17232
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby BullyLady » September 2nd, 2010, 5:15 pm

mnp13 wrote:I could see it if I said "shut the f up you obnoxious little brats, can't you stand still for 30 whole minutes with your g-d f'n damn mouths closed?" but... that's not quite what I said...

*sigh*


Exactly.... those high schoolers teachers probably say worse to them on a semi-regular basis. Insanity!
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
User avatar
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd
 
Posts: 1060
Location: E Washington State

Postby mnp13 » September 2nd, 2010, 5:34 pm

BullyLady wrote:Exactly.... those high schoolers teachers probably say worse to them on a semi-regular basis. Insanity!

Honestly, I doubt it, considering.

However, I'll bet they watch TV and go to the movies. And just might have heard or seen a thing or two there.

Ok, should I have said it? Admittedly, no. But seriously?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17232
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby madremissy » September 2nd, 2010, 8:02 pm

Doesn't this just want to make you go slap the snot out of the parents of the kids these days. :nono:

If my Josh or Glen was to utter a word during photos for sports they would still be running laps. You were told up front to march onto the field up to the stadium and line up. If you ever disrespected an adult, especially a woman, in front of the coach, you ran laps every practice and sat out the next game. No ifs, ands or buts about it. May sound harsh to some but those boys were taught other things besides football and baseball.
Playing sports for a small town school and community was taken very seriously when my kids participated. They have been out of school for five years so I don't know how it is now around here.
I think it is utterly ridiculous that someone complained about you saying "shut up".
User avatar
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.
 
Posts: 3786
Location: meansville, ga

Next

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]

cron