Travis's dreams have come true!!!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby madremissy » August 25th, 2010, 7:58 pm

I am on complete vocal cord rest for the next 6 weeks!!! He about fell over laughing when I told him. :rolleyes2:
I guess if you knew how much I talked, mostly about nothing, this would be even funnier to everyone. This is going to be the hardest thing ever for me. Had to use a dry erase board all day at school today. That was interesting.... but doable.

Oh yeah to add to that I am desperately trying to quit smoking. This should make for fun time around my house. :dance:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » August 25th, 2010, 8:32 pm

:giggle:

sucks to be you though! sorry!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby SLS61185 » August 26th, 2010, 2:52 am

Lol, that's sucks! What happened though? Or did I miss something.

My husband loved it when I didn't want to talk for the first day when I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled in June, lol.
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby iluvk9 » August 26th, 2010, 5:39 am

I guess if he had to choose between a stripper and this......

he would still choose this. :neener:

SLS61185 wrote: What happened though? Or did I miss something.

Missy has some chronic stuff going on, but QUITTING SMOKING will definitely clear it all up for her. And she is cutting back and she WILL quit. :thumbsup: RIght, Twin?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » August 26th, 2010, 5:52 am

Yes, Twin. I have LPR reflux which is a type of relux where the acid comes all the way up the esopagus and sit at your vocal cords. That had been doing damage along with the smoking. If I can get those both under control I can regain my voice. I am on Nexium now to reduce the acid but waiting on a strong mediciane to be approved by the insurance.

He looked at my sinuses, throat and vocal with a tiney scope. He said that my cords are so swollen and like sacs of water around them. I have had this for a while but it has been getting worse. I thought is was from smoking and got very concerned. No cancer now but it is starting in the pre cancerous stage if I don't quit now!!!

Travis and I have formed hand signals and communicate with the board. The dogs are very good a listening to the snapping of my fingers and hand signals. I can do this, I just need a lot of will power.
madremissy

Postby iluvk9 » August 26th, 2010, 5:54 am

Hand signals. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » August 26th, 2010, 5:57 am

And you can guess the one he is getting the most. It includes that middle finger :wink: :D

I am doing well right now. Let the dogs out and came back in to drink my coffee inside instead of on the porch with a cigarette. I will see if I can make it all day..... :dance:
madremissy

Postby TheRedQueen » August 26th, 2010, 8:52 am

Let me know (seriously) if you need help with the no smoking thing...my dad works for the Anti-tobacco group for the state of IN. I'm sure I can get ideas and help from him, if you need anything!

:D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby PetieMarie22 » August 26th, 2010, 9:10 am

Maybe you can send her some pretty pictures, like the ones they put on the cigerette packs in Canada. :puke:
I quit 3 years ago on my 30th birthday, purely out of vanity. I had smoked a pack a day for 10 years. Most of my friends had quit and I didn't want to be one of those old ladies with prune face and hands, yellow finger nails, and the Marg Simpson voice. I had done some programs and the patch and all that stuff. But picking a signifigant day and just forbidding myself worked for me. Cold turkey. I maybe had three cheat cigs after that date, and I didn't even enjoy them. Everyone is different though.
It's weird now that after all those years of happily smoking, the smell of cig smoke now makes me sick and I couldn't even imagine sticking one in my mouth. And I LOVED smoking. Three years later, I'm so glad I did it! Especailly since they cost $10.50 in NY now!
Good luck! You can do it!!! :)
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby HappyChick » August 26th, 2010, 9:47 am

Good luck, Missy! We are all rooting for you!

I had a friend who quit smoking by getting hypnotized. It really worked for her.Have you looked into anything like that?

Regardless of the method you choose, YOU CAN DO THIS!!
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby PetieMarie22 » August 26th, 2010, 10:27 am

HappyChick wrote: had a friend who quit smoking by getting hypnotized.

A man I used to work for had this done and quit.
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » August 26th, 2010, 10:31 am

QUIT SMOKING NOW

Reflux is a walk in the park, just ask me :nono:

http://copd.com/
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Emi » August 26th, 2010, 5:30 pm

Hope you get better.

And good luck on the quit smoking thingee, this coming Dec will be 2 years that I quit. I just threw the pack and ash tray away, and that was it, was a bitch for a bit, but it's been worth it.

LOL"S Earl came home the other day, he'd walked by some one who'd been smoking out side, and I made him strip and throw his clothes in the wrash machine, he stank, :D
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby madremissy » August 26th, 2010, 5:35 pm

I was waiting on you to reply Emi. I keep thinking how strong you were with your success at quitting.

I am doing fairly well today. Didn't talk very much at school. Only have had 3 cigarettes. Travis is home and won't let me talk or smoke.

Did sneak a phone call to Mama today :oops: I can't go 6 weeks without talking to her. :sad2:
madremissy

Postby amazincc » August 26th, 2010, 6:32 pm

You GO, Missy!!!!! You can DO it!!! :D

I quit smoking after Sepp was dx'd w/lymphoma. Not gonna lie and say it was easy... there are days when I want a cigarette SOOO bad. :oops: :P
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » August 26th, 2010, 8:23 pm

Thanks everyone for the support. Josh is even texting me every night to see how I am doing. I really do need it. This is very hard. I appreciate the messages from everyone :groupHug:
madremissy

Postby Ino » August 26th, 2010, 8:37 pm

Wishing you success with quitting smoking. It is a hard thing to go through but I am sure it will be more than worth it if you can get your voice back and keep it :D . I am a smoker, so I am not one to coach/preach but I have quit for reasonable amounts of time and know it is very difficult to do and stick with. I hope all goes well for you medically, Missy.
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby airwalk » August 26th, 2010, 10:04 pm

You will do it...I know you will. Just think of all the things you will have stored up after 6 weeks to talk to Travis about....he just thinks he's enjoying this :wink: :devil:
airwalk
I live here

Postby Hundilein » August 26th, 2010, 10:40 pm

You can do it Missy! Renee and I are rooting for you!
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby BullyLady » August 26th, 2010, 11:12 pm

PetieMarie22 wrote: But picking a signifigant day and just forbidding myself worked for me. Cold turkey. I maybe had three cheat cigs after that date, and I didn't even enjoy them. Everyone is different though.
It's weird now that after all those years of happily smoking, the smell of cig smoke now makes me sick and I couldn't even imagine sticking one in my mouth. And I LOVED smoking. Three years later, I'm so glad I did it! Especailly since they cost $10.50 in NY now!
Good luck! You can do it!!! :)

All of this, same for me. I just quit cold turkey, no cheat cigs. That worked really well for me after having tried to wean myself off three or four times. And now, even though I *loved* smoking, I can't stand the smell of them. Sometimes I crave the feeling in my throat (don't know how to explain that) after a good meal or with coffee, but other than that cold turkey has been pretty painless.

Good luck, Missy, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Next

Return to Off-Topic