IMPORTANT INFO FOR LOCALS!!!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Violet » August 2nd, 2010, 1:30 pm

There are some recent issues that make it painfully obvious I need to make a public statement. If you don't know what I am referring to..well..good..remain innocent lol HOWEVER, it is vital to myself and to my rescue that there be no further confusion.

I am NOT the Carina, founder of AFF (Animals First Foundation) nor does my rescue, DRAW (Dog Rescue Around Washington) have any connection or affiliation WITH Carina of AFF. The only thing we share in common is a first name. Until further notice, I am no longer using my legal first name, which IS Carina, and am going by only my alias, which is Violet. I am connected ONLY with the following email addresses: violet@ucarerescue.com, violet_fem@hotmail.com and DRAWashington@hotmail.com. Please make a note in your rescue files that we are NOT one in the same. There is no connection, correlation, affiliation or relationship professional or otherwise.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby airwalk » August 2nd, 2010, 3:19 pm

Oh crap are you guys being sucked in by name association?
airwalk
I live here

Postby BigDogBuford » August 2nd, 2010, 3:24 pm

airwalk wrote:Oh crap are you guys being sucked in by name association?

Yes. Yes, we are. >( I'm going to make a big blog post about it soon and would appreciate if people could spread the info far and wide.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby airwalk » August 2nd, 2010, 3:29 pm

Lordy, sorry!
airwalk
I live here

Postby Violet » August 2nd, 2010, 3:57 pm

Apparently a LOT of people never double chcked last names and assumed we were one in the same..very very bad. SO..I am having to make official public statements. I don't know what else to do.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » August 2nd, 2010, 4:05 pm

I have no clue what you are talking about. However, by locals, I'm assuming you mean "Washington area" locals? I'll change the thread name when you let me know the better way to phrase it. :)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby airwalk » August 2nd, 2010, 4:11 pm

Michelle, my suspicion is this will end up encompassing far more than just Washington as DRAW's reach is fairly wide.

Carina is too nice ... but I'm not.

The founder of Animal First Foundation is apparently scheduled to appear in court and plead to multiple felony theft counts. It appears she embezzeled many, many thousands of dollars from prior employers. Of course, that Carina says it was to start the rescue; however, a felony is a felony and theft is theft.

I was afraid that folks would presume because the first names were the same, it would be the same person and rescue.
airwalk
I live here

Postby BigDogBuford » August 2nd, 2010, 4:17 pm

She is accused of embezzling $530, 000.00 to be exact. Which she is allegedly going to plead guilty to.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Violet » August 2nd, 2010, 4:28 pm

pled guilty and is awaiting sentencing. 9 counts of first degree theft.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby madremissy » August 2nd, 2010, 7:32 pm

Vi's GOOD name does go far and wide (even in Georgia) and I don't want her to be confused with someone else. I will pass this on Vi.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby BigDogBuford » August 2nd, 2010, 11:02 pm

~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Return to Off-Topic