Bee sting...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby TheRedQueen » July 20th, 2010, 8:19 pm

:cuss:

To add to my fantastic day yesterday...I got a bee sting on my foot. Stepped in the grass, caught a bee between my flip flop and my toes.

Luckily it didn't send me to the hospital like last year when I got stung on my back...small miracle. ;)

But I'm hobbling on a very painful and swollen foot...ugh.

Okay I'm done ranting now...;)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Pit♥bull » July 20th, 2010, 8:45 pm

Benadryl and :goodthoughts:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 20th, 2010, 8:51 pm

Oh that sucks. :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby PoodleMaMaKat » July 20th, 2010, 9:09 pm

I think I've got some prednisone if you need it. But Yes LOTS of Benadryl!!
Kat
Kodi- Mini Poodle
Mia Puppy - Standard Poodle

If you ever doubt your own beauty, look into your dogs eyes and see for yourself what they see in you.
PoodleMaMaKat
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » July 20th, 2010, 10:11 pm

I took a bunch of benadryl last night...so John very nicely drove me to my sister's for the Oreo hand-off...I fell asleep in the van, with my foot propped up on his scooter. I woke up flailing after dreaming I was falling. SUPER! ;)

I had a full day of dog-walking, pet-sitting today, so no benadryl for me today...:( puts me to sleep! I'm off to bed now though...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby iluvk9 » July 21st, 2010, 5:44 am

Do you have severe allergies to bee stings? :shock: You must have REALLY pissed him off squishing him between your foot and the flip-flop.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » July 21st, 2010, 10:13 am

iluvk9 wrote:Do you have severe allergies to bee stings? :shock: You must have REALLY pissed him off squishing him between your foot and the flip-flop.

Yeah, I've get some raging reactions to insect bites and poison ivy... :( that's why, all things considered, this isn't toooooo bad. ;) At least no hospital visit! (sucks w/o insurance, let me tell you!)

TheRedQueen

Postby Pit♥bull » July 21st, 2010, 10:37 am

Bee allergy's usually get worse with each sting (honey bees).
If you ever get stung and have breathing issues, get help and don't wait as they can be fatal.
Your doctor can give you a prescription for a sting kit with antihistamines and a epinephrine autoinjector that could save your life.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby PetieMarie22 » July 21st, 2010, 11:36 am

OUCH! Nothing like a bee sting in the foot! One time I got stung by a bee right between the eyes. It looked like I had a third eye for a day or so!
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » July 21st, 2010, 12:02 pm

Pit♥Bull wrote:Bee allergy's usually get worse with each sting (honey bees).
If you ever get stung and have breathing issues, get help and don't wait as they can be fatal.
Your doctor can give you a prescription for a sting kit with antihistamines and a epinephrine autoinjector that could save your life.

Yeah, last time it was a wasp sting...and I went into shock and had trouble breathing...had to go to the ER via ambulance.

Last time I was at the doctor, they wouldn't give me an Epi-pen prescription...even though I also have food and drug allergies that have caused me to go to the hospital for breathing problems. :confused: I dunno.

TheRedQueen

Postby HappyChick » July 21st, 2010, 12:37 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:
Pit♥Bull wrote:Bee allergy's usually get worse with each sting (honey bees).

Yeah, last time it was a wasp sting...and I went into shock and had trouble breathing...had to go to the ER via ambulance.

Last time I was at the doctor, they wouldn't give me an Epi-pen prescription...even though I also have food and drug allergies that have caused me to go to the hospital for breathing problems. :confused: I dunno.

No offense, but I think you need a different doctor. Going into shock and taking an ambulance ride are serious business. That Epi-pen could save your life and it's not like you are going to turn around and sell it on the black market instead of using it!!
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » July 21st, 2010, 1:26 pm

HappyChick wrote:No offense, but I think you need a different doctor. Going into shock and taking an ambulance ride are serious business. That Epi-pen could save your life and it's not like you are going to turn around and sell it on the black market instead of using it!!
I agree. the last time I was stung I was accross the street from the ER, and when I walked in the door they didn't even ask my name before treating me. I have never had a hard time getting a prescription.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 21st, 2010, 5:28 pm

I don't think I have been stung by a bee since I was a kid. I wonder if they "pegged you" as an allergic one. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » July 21st, 2010, 6:37 pm

HappyChick wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:Yeah, last time it was a wasp sting...and I went into shock and had trouble breathing...had to go to the ER via ambulance.

No offense, but I think you need a different doctor. Going into shock and taking an ambulance ride are serious business. That Epi-pen could save your life and it's not like you are going to turn around and sell it on the black market instead of using it!!

Well, that was a few years ago when I had insurance...now I don't have a doctor. ;)

TheRedQueen

Postby madremissy » July 21st, 2010, 8:08 pm

Erin, can you go to the health department and tell them your experience. They might be able to help you at least get a pen in case of emergency.
That is where we got Mckinlee's Epi-pen.
Just a thought :|
I went today and had some vaccines done. I had to have them for school and my insurance wouldn't pay for them. I went to a different county health department but they were running some sort of special for all the vaccines. I only had to pay 20$ for the skin test. Saved me 300$. You might have to call to different areas but it might be worth it.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » July 21st, 2010, 10:35 pm

madremissy wrote:Erin, can you go to the health department and tell them your experience. They might be able to help you at least get a pen in case of emergency.
That is where we got Mckinlee's Epi-pen.
Just a thought :|
I went today and had some vaccines done. I had to have them for school and my insurance wouldn't pay for them. I went to a different county health department but they were running some sort of special for all the vaccines. I only had to pay 20$ for the skin test. Saved me 300$. You might have to call to different areas but it might be worth it.

I've been thinking about that...:) We're on the same page! lol And trust me...John's been nagging me too...

TheRedQueen

Postby madremissy » July 22nd, 2010, 6:00 am

Well then, what are you waiting on woman. GO! :dance:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby amazincc » July 22nd, 2010, 11:06 pm

How's your foot today?
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » July 22nd, 2010, 11:44 pm

amazincc wrote:How's your foot today?

Much better, thanks. :) I'm actually able to walk *almost* normally! lol Been doing a lot of icing...got a new ice pack from CVS called "peas"...supposed to replicate a bag of peas...feels great! 8)

TheRedQueen

Postby PetieMarie22 » July 23rd, 2010, 9:03 am

Glad you are feeling better Erin. I thought about you yesterday as a bee flew into the side of my head and stung me in the temple. Really. My grandfather became allergic to bees later in his life. So after a few minutes of waiting for my head to explode, I figured I am still not allergic. Thank goodness too since I was by myself about 45 mintues away from where I live! And any hospitals!!!
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Next

Return to Off-Topic