OMG. Those with kids...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Emi » July 20th, 2010, 12:33 pm

I know when I was 8 years old if I did some thing wrong and knew it , I would appolgize for it.

PS...On another subject...

thinks . . o0 (how can the Gremlin be 8 years old?) , Hoyden it just doesn't seem like it, seems like she was just a wee bit of a thing just yesterday :shock:
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » July 20th, 2010, 6:45 pm

Thanks for all of the really good responses...:)

She's such a teenager in a little body...has been for years...she's got a sister that's 11 years older so she's grown up with a lot of "older" influences...and not as many young same-age friends. don't know if that did anything.

I have to say...there is a reason I don't have kids...I just really lose my patience with them. I try...but like this time, I had to yell because she was just frozen on the spot and didn't know what to do. I didn't yell at her once we got home...even though I was frustrated. ;) I behaved myself.

I think what annoyed me is that NEITHER parent made her apologize...and yeah I put John squarely in that camp as he doesn't help with that.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby TheRedQueen » July 20th, 2010, 6:55 pm

amazincc wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:

She used to be a royal little bitch...

:shock: This is a 7/8- year old girl you're talking about?
I have a totally different take on this. :neutral:

Okay, maybe a bit harsh...but she's been a little "twit"...how about that? ;)

She blames stuff on her sister or others, regularly lies to me about shit, etc. Stuff that I haven't found "typical" of this age in my experiences. I know where she's learned it...but it still drives me crazy.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby madremissy » July 20th, 2010, 7:03 pm

Erin, It is so hard when you have someone else's child in your care. Especially one with some bad habits. You didn't raise them from the beginning and yest it can be very difficult. I think you did very well and I have no doubt that she probably learned a very good lesson. :hug3:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » July 20th, 2010, 7:05 pm

Thanks Missy...I know I could have done better...but geez, this was such a scary thing! *whew*

I am trying...me of little patience! lol

TheRedQueen

Previous

Return to Off-Topic