Hello

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Emi » July 9th, 2010, 5:01 pm

Here is a picture of my sister Jane, her daughter Mary, Granddaughter Megan, and Great-great Granddaughter Keira. Taken April 11th, 2010.

As some of you know my sister Jane has had some medical problems, in 2007 she was dx with uterian cancer at the age of the age of 77-78 went threw chemo, has had detached retines (sp?) for like 25 years now, and is legally blind, and she was also dx last year with Parkinson Disease, and her memory has slowly been going.

She just had her 81st birthday on July 1st, 2010.

She has been at home, my brother in law Owen whom is 85 years old now, has been taking care of her at home, and has been taken the burdon upon himself. My niece Mary has been going every day at lunch time to make sure that they are ok.

I've been calling and talking to her once a month, and you could tell the slow progress of her memory going down, I called her on her birthday, she didn't know who I was, and asked me why the baby was crying.

Today Mary called me and told me they made the decision to put her in the nursing home, Owen had went yesterday to do the recycoling and came home, and she was heading out of the garage with her walker, they took her to the Dr today, and he told Owen and Mary it was the best for Jane to be put in a nursing home.

So, please keep her in your thoughts. My sister Jane is no longer there, but a confused shell of a woman is.

Thank you for reading this.

Emi
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby airwalk » July 9th, 2010, 5:24 pm

Emi, my thoughts are with you and your family. This is the hardest...when the shell is still there, but the person you've always known and loved isn't.
airwalk
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » July 9th, 2010, 6:06 pm

:goodthoughts:

Great-great grandaughter...I love it!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Emi » July 9th, 2010, 6:31 pm

iluvk9 wrote::goodthoughts:

Great-great grandaughter...I love it!

Ooops sorry got one to many Great's in there, guess I was thinking of my Mom when I was writting this, thanks gals for your words.
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 9th, 2010, 7:26 pm

:giggle: Still rather cool!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » July 10th, 2010, 12:12 am

The situation really sucks and I'm sorry you're going through this.

My mom has a friend who started getting dimentia - it started with small things, not being able to read a clock or count money. It got to the point where when she'd describe something she'd say something like "You know we went to that place and got that thing." or "Yeah she came for a visit and came on that thing you know that flies in the sky." Her family was totally in denial, my mom would take her grocery shopping and they'd get lunch once a week and it was becoming apparent she wasn't remembering to eat. She also kept talking about taking care of a bunch of kids. This woman used to make dolls with my mom and it turns out she had them lined up in her house [these are toddler sized porcelaine dolls in kids clothes] and those were the kids she was talking about. With the help of my mom and the clinic I work at they FINALLY got the state involved and the state forced her family to put her into a nursing home. She's in an alzheimers specific unit and is doing really well. It's hard to watch, especially because they just aren't the same people you once knew. It's hard knowing they don't know you anymore.

She's just lucky to have good family support. My mom's friend's family is totally worthless and they only stepped in because the state made them do it.

:hug3:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby HappyPuppy » July 15th, 2010, 6:54 pm

It is so sad to see loved ones fade like that. My dad is starting to fade and is not really himself anymore. He, too, was diagnosed with Parkinsons last year but I think he really gave up about 5 years ago... and has no interest in improving himself or doing anything but watch TV, for that matter. :(
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby madremissy » July 15th, 2010, 8:07 pm

:hug3: My thoughts are with you and your family Emi.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 15th, 2010, 8:15 pm

Emi, I know that's hard when you have to put a loved one in a nursing home for their own safety. You and your family are in my thoughts.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » July 16th, 2010, 2:28 pm

:goodthoughts:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Return to Off-Topic