awesome makeup...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby delilahsmommy » May 12th, 2010, 8:18 pm

ok so i have been gone a while like always but i thought some of the ladies on here would love this!!! its a awesome makeup line called glittersniffers... all home made makeups and they are pretty just thought i would share the website since i know a lot fo you would like the in your face colors they have!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/glittersniffer
some people just dont get it...
and some shouldnt
delilahsmommy
Loyally Bully

Postby Hoyden » May 12th, 2010, 8:43 pm

I am a mineral make up junkie of epic proportions and would NOT recommend Glittersniffer at all.

Here is a review of the company by my friend Courtney who is a "beauty blogger". She purchases, samples, swatches and rates many many mineral and non mineral make-up companies. Give her blog a read and check out her list of links to companies she recommends.

Glittersniffer review:
http://frescophyrra.blogspot.com/2009/11/glitter-sniffer-review.html

Here is a link to the front page of her blog:
http://frescophyrra.blogspot.com/
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby delilahsmommy » May 12th, 2010, 9:03 pm

i love the colors.... and im putting in a huge order for my birthday so i guess i can post how i enjoy them:)
and im pretty sure they have better containers now!
but it is always helpful to read reviews on things before you buy them! thanks for that
and i have a long time friend who is a fiend for glittersniffers we will see by the end of the month how i love it!
oo and *hugs* i have missed you all
some people just dont get it...
and some shouldnt
delilahsmommy
Loyally Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » June 21st, 2010, 9:03 am

Here's some more info on Glittersniffer. Not only is her stuff not eye safe (which she states on her etsy site) but it turns out she's not using all cosmetic dyes. She's using some dyes made for candles so technically these aren't safe to use anywhere on your face.

http://www.aijuswhanakno.com/2010/06/gl ... ction.html

GlitterSniffer: A Retraction.
I no longer can say that I recommend GlitterSniffer Cosmetics. Not more than 4 hours ago, I posted my experience with GSC, and how happy I was with the order, despite Phyrra's experience.
Thanks to the help of a good friend, I found out that I was sold pigments that were not approve for COSMETIC use. I knew when I originally purchased these pigments that they were not eye safe. I figured I could take the risk, since I assumed they were still cosmetically approved.

Well, I was wrong. At least four of the pigments that I wasted my money on are SOAP DYES. Pretty much nothing I was sold was cosmetically approved. That means that I would be forced to use them in some kind of liquid media only (nail polish, hair gel, soap, lotion, candle wax, etc.) Why do I say that I wasted my money? I paid $30 for these pigments. ONE FREAKING SAMPLE, OF ANYTHING, FROM TKB TRADING COMPANY, IS $1.50. WHAT IS THAT MULTIPLIED BY 7? $10.50. ONE THIRD OF THE PRICE THAT I PAID. These are basically pigments that you can buy from any cosmetic wholesale company.

These pigments are NOT safe to put anywhere on your face, let alone your eyes. My friend also brought up a very good point. What if it got on my son? Or worse, in his mouth? Food for thought. Needless to say, it made me very angry. That thought never even crossed my mind.

Be sure to read the comments as well.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Return to Off-Topic