WARNING! Very controversial topic !!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby cheekymunkee » May 12th, 2006, 1:59 pm

dogcrazyjen wrote:
Sis... Pink Floyd and the Rolling Stones rocked my cradle.

What else could I become with Mick Jagger telling me he wanted to spend the night together with me?

I'm really happy I was listening to Dead Kennedys while my other friends liked the Backstreet Boys and the Fugees...

And my mohawked friends taught me how to hate Metallica and Kiss. But at least Kiss is funny. There was a lady at the cafeteria who looked like one of them, once we lit up a lighter, waving it and screaming KISSS!!!! at her... She confiscated the lighter and were banned from the caf forever. We had to eat in the locker alleys all year.

Kiss and Pink Floyd definately rock!

The Smiths are awesome, Dead Milkmen, , Devo and Greenday. ( I know some think Greenday are sellouts but I still like them)

There is more to life than a mowhawk, those friends needed to get their priorities straight. Probably delirious from too much product.

However, YOU sound like my friends and I in highschool-we were trouble with a capital T! That was back when you could smoke on school grounds, and when you were a senior you could smoke in the lounge! We would light lockers on fire for something to do, and all went to the local quarry during lunch to 4 wheel and raise cain.

I think we grew up together.

We would light lockers on fire for something to do

I almost burnt the school down doing this on accident. I threw a lit cigarette in my locker & went to class. Wrong thing to do. I got a vacation from school for 3 weeks for it.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 12th, 2006, 2:00 pm

Country is the only thing I "rock" to! Ok, and the occasional dance music or rap if I'm out with friends, or just having a really good time!

Rock, and all that other crap give me a headache not to mention SUCK. I'm right on this subject, anyone that doesn't agree is wrong!

She can't hear because the country music clogged her ears with wax-her bodies natural defense against sounds known to lower the collective brain capacity of all who listen to it.

AAOOOOOWWWWW...my dawgs deeaad.....my girlfriend leeeeft.......my trucks in the shooop.......my trailers flattened by a tornadooooooo....and the beeeer is flaaaaat....and waaaarmmmm. :rolleyes2:
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 12th, 2006, 2:01 pm

See, you just got caught, that was the problem! :D
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Jenn » May 12th, 2006, 2:01 pm

LMAO!! SO you know the words?? You've been listening too, and now YOUR CAUGHT!!! :ROFL2:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 12th, 2006, 2:04 pm

Here's the best band EVER:

http://www.supersuckers.com/

Each time you "refresh" the page, a different song plays. Enjoy!

I got my visene
.......funny!

Very old school sound to them, not bad, not bad at all.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 12th, 2006, 2:05 pm

I hate Metallica even more than Metal itself. I despise the crazy day where I found a HUGE pile of metal LP's in the garbage (yeah, if there's something interesting, decently clean and not broken, I'll pick it up), with ALL the White Lions and Iron Maiden collections, and a few Metallica... WHY did I bring this into my house?

You want to get rid of them? :D

You can keep the White Lion though. Power ballads are not my thing.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Asta » May 12th, 2006, 2:07 pm

Jupp you are correct Debby :) Although on monday it wasnt even the RSNO, it was some other crappy concert, needless to say i was quite miffed about it, ggrrr
Atleast we go to Brussels next week, and then Rotterdam with Steph´s concerts, fun!
So there you go Marinepits, i had to do the conductorwife thingy haha I guess its not very cramped and hot at classical concerts atleast ;) :|
SoM was, together with Depeche Mode, my very first band that i went gagaa over :)

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby call2arms » May 12th, 2006, 2:14 pm

Jen, what I meant by mohawked friends i sthat they all listened to punk.. Only one had a mohawk, and from the few times it was up in the air and not laying dirty on hos forehead, I'd say it was far from a priority. Getting induced, though was something else.

We had one hell of a cool school. The guard would catch us "rolling" in the locker, and would just tell us to "go do it outside". Aah, high school. Drinking vodka in the bathrooms. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was high the whole time...

And stop dissing country. Some of it is good. So is old bluegrass. And rockabilly.
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby cheekymunkee » May 12th, 2006, 2:19 pm

And stop dissing country. Some of it is good. So is old bluegrass. And rockabilly

Sorry Charlie but you are wrong, so very, very wrong. Now blues, that's some good crap right there.

And yes, I was high the entire time & then some. When I actually went to school. I lived in Corpus Christi, I had the choice of going to school, the beach, the lake or the river. :| What's a girl to do?

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SisMorphine » May 12th, 2006, 2:35 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:But for MY personal favorite which is heavy metal...give these guys a whirl

http://www.prongmusic.com/ProngHome.htm

I met the drummer from Prong and have a few things signed by him.

Neener neener neener.

But they suck. I listened to the CD once and never picked it up again. Pure ucky-ness.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby SisMorphine » May 12th, 2006, 2:37 pm

call2arms wrote:Sis... Pink Floyd and the Rolling Stones rocked my cradle.

What else could I become with Mick Jagger telling me he wanted to spend the night together with me? lol

The Stones will always have a special place in my heart . . . hence the screen name SisMorphine . . .aka Sister Morphine . . . aka my favorite Stones song. I had front row when I was 15 and I will never be able to top that.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby SisMorphine » May 12th, 2006, 2:38 pm

call2arms wrote:Helo guys! Ever heard of wearing earplugs at a concert? Yep, you look like a dork, but your eardrums don't get as thick as a bread loaf! (since I go see concerts at least 3 times a month, and I like my hearing, I do it. My earplugs are neon orange, and I look stupid. lol)

Here here!

Mine are neon orange and have an ugly neck strap. But when I worked at the nightclub they saved my hearing on a bi-weekly basis.
SisMorphine

Postby SisMorphine » May 12th, 2006, 2:42 pm

call2arms wrote:And stop dissing country. Some of it is good. So is old bluegrass. And rockabilly.

Bluegrass, rockabilly, and old school country are a totally different animal from today's country western.

As is today's so called "R&B." You know, in the sixties the Rolling Stones were R&B but I can guarantee you that most R&B stars of today have never heard of Mick or Keith.
SisMorphine

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 12th, 2006, 2:46 pm

Bluegrass is awesome. I have the soundtrack to Oh Brother Where Art Thou in my car stereo right now. Note I was careful to say Country ROCK.

Actually, I do listen to some country now, mainly Johnny Cash. When I got married, nearly 13 years ago, my husband and I listened to a lot of country. Our first dance was to Randy Travis. I wore cowboy boots under my wedding dress.

I dislike the new radio country music, most of it anyway.

Heck, I listen to classical, jazz, blues, folk, metal, rap, rock, motown, just about anything that is musically sound. I just dislike unoriginal, repetitive, and uninspiring music. Country rock has fit that in the last decade, IMO.

Besides, this is a METAL thread. You HAVE to bash country rock in a METAL thread.

Call2arms, I understand that you just didn't get a proper rounded musical education because you hung out with the wrong crowd. :wink:
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 12th, 2006, 2:48 pm

I saw the Rolling Stones over a decade ago. Pretty good show. Not my fav-Metallica has been my best concert yet, seconded by Randy Travis of all people (when your seat rumbles because his voice is so low you just have to appreciate Randy!! MMMmm. )
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby SisMorphine » May 12th, 2006, 2:54 pm

dogcrazyjen wrote:I saw the Rolling Stones over a decade ago. Pretty good show. Not my fav-Metallica has been my best concert yet, seconded by Randy Travis of all people (when your seat rumbles because his voice is so low you just have to appreciate Randy!! MMMmm. )

EWWWWW Randy Travis?! Are you SURE you're a metal fan?!

My two best concerts were when I saw David Bowie on the Area 2 tour (I had 17th row and he picked me and my friend out of the crowd specifically) and the NOFX tour I recently went to see. Seriously, Fat Mike rocked my world that night . . . I couldn't have been happier.
SisMorphine

Postby cheekymunkee » May 12th, 2006, 3:07 pm

Off of the top of my head I guess the best concerts I have been to have been Stones-Bridges to Babylon Tour & Rob Zombie. Actually Rob Zombie was playing Ozzfest a few years back. That whole concert ROCKED!! Sabbath played together for the first time in years & it was wonderful. Pantera with Morbid Angel, I think it was the last official concert Pantera played in Dallas was a concert to remember also. Pantera played Dallas a LOT but usually just impromotu concerts in a bar or in their gentlemen's club. I saw a lot of Drowning Pool over the years as well here is Dallas. There is some good live local music here. And the Toadies ( although I am not a HUGE fan)

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » May 12th, 2006, 3:11 pm

ANd for music with a good beat that is easy to dance to there is always Greens Keepers "Lotion"

http://www.undergroundfilm.org/films/de ... id=1014958

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 12th, 2006, 3:23 pm

I lOVE Drowning Pool. Until I heard System of a Down, Drowning Pool was my fav new band. 'Bodies' rocks!

EWWWWW Randy Travis?! Are you SURE you're a metal fan?!

Yeah, I know, but I am a sucker for a deep voice. Remember Bowser from Sha Na Na? Loved those black and white converse sneaks and that DEEP voice.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Romanwild » May 12th, 2006, 3:27 pm

You are so cool Debbie!

I have Pantera in the truck right now. Now that is the tightest hardest band ever.

Zombie is awesome!

I love AC/DC too. :headbanger:
Romanwild
I live here

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic