My mom?

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby SisMorphine » May 3rd, 2006, 7:45 pm

I'm 23 and I just got yelled at by my mom for swearing in an email to her. (I wasn't even swearing AT her, I just called her cousin a smurfing idiot.)

Absurd.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby a-bull » May 3rd, 2006, 7:48 pm

I'm way older and my Mom still yells at me.

Once a mom, always a mom.
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » May 3rd, 2006, 7:50 pm

a-bull wrote:I'm way older and my Mom still yells at me.

I guess that makes sense. *sigh*

She told me that I sounded uneducated.

I told her that he (her cousin) wasn't worth wasting my education on.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby girlie » May 3rd, 2006, 7:52 pm

HAHA...

I totally broke my mom, she cusses way more than i do!! Now i can't cuss with the kids little ears always waiting to learn to say something new....it's great when your two year old says "what the smurf" when her daycare teacher asks her to finish cleaning up.....just great.
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby Jesseca » May 3rd, 2006, 7:55 pm

I'm sorry. I'm 29 and my mom still yells at me too. :| I'm married with 3 kids, doesn't matter. Oh well
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 3rd, 2006, 7:56 pm

Mine got tossed out of the second grade for 2 days for calling a little boy a fucker.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Purple » May 3rd, 2006, 8:27 pm

I'm 44 and I still will not and do not swear in front of my mom. Now, my dad, he's another story!!
Purple
I live here

Postby a-bull » May 3rd, 2006, 8:39 pm

SisMorphine wrote:
a-bull wrote:I'm way older and my Mom still yells at me.

I guess that makes sense. *sigh*

She told me that I sounded uneducated.

I told her that he (her cousin) wasn't worth wasting my education on.

Tell her it's o.k. to sound uneducated, as long as you don't sound ignorant. :wink3:
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Maryellen » May 3rd, 2006, 9:12 pm

both my parents will swear occasionally, to hear my mom swear its hysterical... i swear in front of both of them, they are soo used to it..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » May 3rd, 2006, 9:21 pm

Maryellen wrote:both my parents will swear occasionally, to hear my mom swear its hysterical... i swear in front of both of them, they are soo used to it..

My mom NEVER swears. I remember once she got really mad at me (I forget what I did) and she said "What the . . . hell . . . excuse my language, do you think you're doing." And when she said "hell" it sounded like she was forcing it out painfully.

My father swears, but usually only out of the earshot of my mother.
SisMorphine

Postby luvmyangels » May 3rd, 2006, 10:26 pm

SisMorphine wrote:She told me that I sounded uneducated.

Are you sure your mom is not from the same mold as mine? I have 11 years on you and yes I have to listen to that and then some. Not for nothing I got my vocabulary from her as I was growing up. And she has more education than I do. But seems to be a prude now. LOL.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » May 3rd, 2006, 11:14 pm

luvmyangels wrote:
SisMorphine wrote:She told me that I sounded uneducated.

Are you sure your mom is not from the same mold as mine? I have 11 years on you and yes I have to listen to that and then some. Not for nothing I got my vocabulary from her as I was growing up. And she has more education than I do. But seems to be a prude now. LOL.

My mom has always been a prude. Which is funny because she comes from a family of 9 kids and she's the only one that is prudish. The others are a bit . . . off . . . on different levels.

Perhaps they knew each other . . . :|

:wink:
SisMorphine

Postby Jenn » May 4th, 2006, 12:06 am

Geez Sis, your mom almost sounds intolerable, surely she's not that bad?

You can borrow mine for a week or so if you'd like.. ;) She's wonderful! We never seen eye to eye much in my teen years, but as an adult I couldn't ask for a better more understanding friend, and if I need to bitch I know who to call and she'll listen to me rant till I can no longer speak. Plus she still spoils me, and is the best grandmother to boot. :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby call2arms » May 6th, 2006, 6:24 pm

My mom dosen't yell... :|

She just does that "you really deceive me" thing with a sad face, that gets me much more than yelling...
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby SisMorphine » May 6th, 2006, 7:29 pm

call2arms wrote:My mom dosen't yell... :|

She just does that "you really deceive me" thing with a sad face, that gets me much more than yelling...

That's what my dad does. I hate it more than anything!!! Talk about guilt trip . . .
SisMorphine

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » May 6th, 2006, 8:08 pm

Both of my parents swear, but I'd never swear in front of them. It's weird how you can switch it on and off like that. Some places I swear like a drunken sailor, but at home we don't say naughty words in front of the bird, and I never do to my parents eventhough they probably wouldn't think twice about it. :|
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Return to Off-Topic