Two about me...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby msvette2u » April 27th, 2006, 11:30 pm

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Purple » April 28th, 2006, 6:46 am

Very cool!
Purple
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 28th, 2006, 8:09 am

:clap: Can I get your autograph?
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby cheekymunkee » April 28th, 2006, 10:51 am

Cool stories!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » April 28th, 2006, 11:19 am

Haha. The very best one was a story about a turkey, of all things, picked up like two days before Thanksgiving. The newspaper came out and I was on the FRONT page!! Alot of people I knew saw that one and kidded me about it all over town.
It WAS a really cute story...alot of people wanted to "adopt" the turkey!!
:o

Prosser turkey escapes the dinner table - for now

This story was published Wednesday, November 26th, 2003

By Mary Hopkin Herald Valley bureau

PROSSER -- Tom Doe isn't talking.

Sitting caged under the watchful gaze of a Rottweiler, a border collie and even a golden retriever and her eight puppies hasn't helped loosen Doe's tongue. Even Doe's gender remains in question.

Doe "has been very uncooperative in identifying itself or providing its address," said Prosser Police Chief Win Taylor.

Doe is in jail. Make that the Prosser Animal Shelter. The charge: Being a turkey running loose on city streets, apparently more interested in freedom than helping anybody celebrate Thanksgiving.

Yvette Fitzjarrald, Prosser's animal control officer, said she thought it was a joke when she was called about 11 a.m. Tuesday to pick up the bird, apparently seeking a safe haven on Alexander Court, a large loop filled with mobile homes.

But Fitzjarrald and Taylor were unable to find Doe's owners, who they suspect may be reluctant to come forward because it's not only a misdemeanor to have domestic fowl within city limits, but it's also illegal to let one run rampant.

"We're operating under the suspicion that it was fleeing an imminent meeting with mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy," Taylor said.

Herald reporting staff tracked down the turkey's owner. Pat Zieske said she placed the bird in her mother's yard on Alexander Court as a joke. Zieske said when she moved to Prosser from a small farm in the Tri-Cities a month ago, she had taken her chickens and turkeys to a friend's home in Grandview.

Zieske and her husband, Buddy, picked up the turkey Sunday and brought it to her mother's home.

"She hates to cause any trouble or not follow rules," Zieske said.

Zieske said her husband wanted to butcher the bird for Thanksgiving, but she thinks it's too small.

"Plus, it's hard to kill something that's become more of a pet," she said.

Fitzjarrald said grabbing the gobbler was not a problem, but Doe was reluctant to get out of the truck at the Prosser Police Department to be shown to officers.

The turkey's disinclination may be because the department headquarters bellies up to the Prosser Meat Locker, where few turkeys escape unscathed.

"I think it sensed it, because it was all hunkered down in the cage," which sits in the back of the animal control truck, she said.

Zieske said she left a message for the animal control officer but had not heard back.

"Besides, if the bird costs too much to get out, I'll leave him there," she said.

If nobody claims the turkey, after three days animals at the shelter usually are put up for adoption or sent to a no-kill shelter. At least that's what Doe is hoping for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(We didn't charge her an impound fee...LOL)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » April 28th, 2006, 11:22 am

Great stories! Very cool!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Romanwild » April 29th, 2006, 8:50 am

Way to go yvette! :D
Romanwild
I live here

Return to Off-Topic