You know you're a dog owner if...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby msvette2u » April 26th, 2006, 7:30 pm

lol this thread is great.
When my folks were here in March, Mom made the comment that we had more DOG shampoo in the kids' bathroom than human shampoo!!! lol
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby pocketpit » April 26th, 2006, 7:45 pm

when your training bag weighs more than your luggage would if you were going on vacation..
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » April 26th, 2006, 7:51 pm

You plan out of town trips around dog friendly hotels.

There are places you'd love to visit but never will because of BSL.

At least 1/2 of the food in the fridge & freezer belong to the dogs.

They eat chicken while you have tuna casserole
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » April 26th, 2006, 8:59 pm

You make sure everything is packed for the dogs before you pack for yourself.

Your friends get embarassed and apologize profusely if they need to you leave your dog at home for some reason.

your family greets the dog louder and more exeuberantly than they greet you. "YAY!! Ruby's here! Oh, hi Michelle"
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby huskyhouse » April 26th, 2006, 11:24 pm

You buy stock in Hoover because you've burned out the motor in yet another vacuum cleaner :shock: (my THIRD one in a year and a half :x !). You can also discuss the merits of different vacuum brands at length with other dog people.

You pick dog hair out of the covered butter dish.

You'll spend inordinate amounts of money buying collars and leashes but have holes in your shoes.
huskyhouse
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby call2arms » April 27th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Hum... You BELONG to a dog internet board?
You say no to going out with friends because you need to go home spend time with the pup
You make sure you bring extra dog food for a trip while you forget to bring your own underwear...
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby mnp13 » April 27th, 2006, 12:25 pm

You get a Dyson Animal vacuum and call people to tell them how awesome it is at getting all the hair off of your bed... (and they are grossed out that there is hair there in the first place.)

You feel worse for over disiplining your dog than you do for over disiplining your nieces.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby msvette2u » April 27th, 2006, 2:05 pm

You are eating dinner, find a dog hair in your food, pluck it out and keep eating...LOL

******On that note, a funny story is in order, a friend who breeds and shows GSD's told me...
A friend of hers invited some people over for dinner, and like most our homes, her home was blessed with dog hair in random and various places. The gal could tell her guests were miffed about having the dog hair and such all over, and it upset her alot that the people were being so snobby about the dogs.
So at the end of dinner, she said "Well let me clean up here" and set the plates down on the floor for the dogs to lick. Then she put the plates, freshly cleaned by dog tongues, back up into the cupboards. The guests almost fainted...
lol
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Marinepits » April 27th, 2006, 3:04 pm

msvette2u wrote:You are eating dinner, find a dog hair in your food, pluck it out and keep eating...LOL

******On that note, a funny story is in order, a friend who breeds and shows GSD's told me...
A friend of hers invited some people over for dinner, and like most our homes, her home was blessed with dog hair in random and various places. The gal could tell her guests were miffed about having the dog hair and such all over, and it upset her alot that the people were being so snobby about the dogs.
So at the end of dinner, she said "Well let me clean up here" and set the plates down on the floor for the dogs to lick. Then she put the plates, freshly cleaned by dog tongues, back up into the cupboards. The guests almost fainted...
lol

:ROFL2: Good for them!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby kymn25 » April 27th, 2006, 3:14 pm

msvette2u wrote:You are eating dinner, find a dog hair in your food, pluck it out and keep eating...LOL

lol

:jawdrop: :hysterical: :backRoll:
Pit Bulls know they are THE face of extinction. All that remains is where they make their final stand. Say NO to BSL!

http://www.Ucarerescue.net
kymn25
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Hoyden » April 27th, 2006, 3:19 pm

... you can't take a shower or go to the bathroom without at least one dog following you in.

... you warn guests to LOCK the bathroom door because your dog can and will open the door and barge in.

...you spend 20-25 min. per dog blow drying them after a bath, but get irritated and cut your own hair if it takes longer than 10 minutes to style and dry in the morning.

..your dogs have luggage
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby bullymommy » April 27th, 2006, 6:40 pm

lol

OMG!!!! that is something that i would do in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jesseca » April 27th, 2006, 6:50 pm

lol

:ROFL2:
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Pitcrew » April 27th, 2006, 10:59 pm

... when you have an extra couch just for the dogs... but not one just for people.
"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be;
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be;
But, Performance indicates what the animal actually is."
- author unknown
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby concreterose » April 28th, 2006, 12:06 pm

~Analyzing dog poop is a normal part of your day.
~You have credit cards (with high limits) for emergency vet visits only.
~You buy cars/homes with the main objective being set ups for the dogs.
~You transfer to the middle school because it means you'll get off a whole hour earlier so the dogs won't be home along so long :oops:
~The dogs have their own freezer,couch, space on the bed.
~You've actually gotten used to sleeping diagonally and waking up with one leg/arm still asleep...and you sleep like a rock!
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » April 28th, 2006, 12:07 pm

You can't sleep unless there is a dog butt in your face

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SisMorphine » April 28th, 2006, 12:12 pm

. . . your friend calls up to invite you AND your dog to a party, as she knows you won't come without him

. . . you look at your checkbook and realize that you have no money, won't be paid for 1 to 2 weeks, and you spend the rest of your cash on high quality raw meats for the puppers, while you eat the crackers and ice cream that have been in the cupboard for 2 years

. . . your dog takes up more of the bed than you do and you don't complain as you cling to the edge of the bed all night and get kicked in the face and stomach as he dreams
*goes off nursing last night's Wally wounds*
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby SpiritFngrz » April 28th, 2006, 1:31 pm

ditto...

-you compromise your sleeping position so that she is comfortable
-you find yourself changing your voice to talk to the dog i.e. "I wuv those batty ears!"
-you and your significant other/spouse find yourselves calling each other "mommy" and "daddy" even though you don't have any human children
-your underwear or socks can be found on the kitchen floor and not because you left them there
-because of the above, you have invested in a hamper with a lid, and then keep this hamper behind closed doors in the closet
-shoes that you value in any way are also kept under lock in this closet
-any company that you have over is well aware that dogs have no shame, and any foul-smelling odors not necessarily come from you
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » April 28th, 2006, 1:34 pm

and a couple more

-you now have more stuffed toys than you ever did when you were a kid

-you are constantly finding stuffing, arms, legs, and stuffed animals with their face torn off all over the floor
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 29th, 2006, 3:26 pm

Last night as I was getting the dogs dinner ready my brother comes in to the kitchen. After a few minutes he asks "Can I have some of that?" I answered "Sure, as long as you eat it raw".

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic