The Second Amendment

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby DemoDick » April 20th, 2010, 10:29 pm

HappyChick wrote:I see. In that case, what can we really do about incremental gun laws? I mean we can keep on the look out for potential laws being passed, but won't politicians just get sneakier and bury the laws inside of other legislation? Is the NRA powerful and watchful enough to help us prevent these incremental changes? I know in your other post you said this is a good time for American gun owners, but is it really if the U.N. people are working to take away our guns?

Join the NRA, get involved, vote, educate others, run for office, work for a campaign, etc. There is plenty to do.
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby amazincc » May 25th, 2010, 10:11 pm

Sarah Palin was in Charlotte recently and gave a speech at the NRA convention... and out of ALL the people I watched speak there (on the news, not in person), she would be the one I'd trust the least w/a gun. That woman is just too ditzy for words, IMO.
And she told way too many redneck jokes that weren't very funny. :rolleyes2:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby DemoDick » May 25th, 2010, 10:22 pm

amazincc wrote:Sarah Palin was in Charlotte recently and gave a speech at the NRA convention... and out of ALL the people I watched speak there (on the news, not in person), she would be the one I'd trust the least w/a gun. That woman is just too ditzy for words, IMO.
And she told way too many redneck jokes that weren't very funny. :rolleyes2:

She's certainly not an ideal representative, though I generally distrust the news when it comes to covering her. I can almost guarantee that what the media portrayed was (1) the dumbest thing she said and/or (2) easily twisted into sounding like #1.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
DemoDick

Postby amazincc » May 25th, 2010, 10:38 pm

DemoDick wrote:
She's certainly not an ideal representative, though I generally distrust the news when it comes to covering her. I can almost guarantee that what the media portrayed was (1) the dumbest thing she said and/or (2) easily twisted into sounding like #1.

Demo Dick

This was a BIG DEAL for Charlotte, so a lot of the speeches were televised live on local channels... I can assure you that the media portrayed her in her "natural habitat", without having to make her look dumb or having to twist anything... she did a fabulous job all on her own.
I like facts and statistics when it comes to serious issues, and I did enjoy some of the speakers who didn't feel that sarcasm and slandering the *others* was the main goal of this event.
The second amendment is SO much more than a few cracks about "some people not wanting to shoot/eat Bambi"... ugh. :puke:

Now Ted... I would've ENJOYED him. lol
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby DemoDick » May 29th, 2010, 2:00 am

amazincc wrote:
DemoDick wrote:

Demo Dick

This was a BIG DEAL for Charlotte, so a lot of the speeches were televised live on local channels... I can assure you that the media portrayed her in her "natural habitat", without having to make her look dumb or having to twist anything... she did a fabulous job all on her own.
I like facts and statistics when it comes to serious issues, and I did enjoy some of the speakers who didn't feel that sarcasm and slandering the *others* was the main goal of this event.
The second amendment is SO much more than a few cracks about "some people not wanting to shoot/eat Bambi"... ugh. :puke:

Now Ted... I would've ENJOYED him. lol

Sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaNv80opy8s

Demo Dick
DemoDick

Previous

Return to Off-Topic