Thing(s) that made me happy today...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby TheRedQueen » July 12th, 2011, 9:04 am

iluvk9 wrote:Personally, I have never been to a wedding where I had to wrangle a dog. A man, maybe, but never a dog.

I'm not big on dressing up...so I like my legs free for wrangling whatever comes along. 8)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby amalie79 » July 12th, 2011, 2:29 pm

River is all signed up for a rally-o class starting after her CGC/Adv Manners class wraps up. If the interest is there, our trainer has said she'll host some Friday night "rally run-throughs," which will be at least partially in her considerably large fenced-in field... She offered for us to bring Robin to do LAT and BAT work from a nice comfortable distance while one of us runs River through the rally courses. :) Pretty excited about all of this!
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby copperlegend » July 20th, 2011, 8:33 am

A little over a month ago, the best man in my friend's wedding had a stroke. It happened just a few hours before the bachelor party. Everyone was told he would never walk, talk, or swallow again. Last night I visited him in the hospital, as I've been doing every couple days. Not only is he able to walk with assistance (at this point it's just weakness that is keeping him from doing it), but he can talk! He's forming sentences and clearly his brain is 'all there'. It's a bit difficult to understand him but it's MUCH better than we ever thought it would be.
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TheRedQueen » July 20th, 2011, 9:01 am

copperlegend wrote:A little over a month ago, the best man in my friend's wedding had a stroke. It happened just a few hours before the bachelor party. Everyone was told he would never walk, talk, or swallow again. Last night I visited him in the hospital, as I've been doing every couple days. Not only is he able to walk with assistance (at this point it's just weakness that is keeping him from doing it), but he can talk! He's forming sentences and clearly his brain is 'all there'. It's a bit difficult to understand him but it's MUCH better than we ever thought it would be.

Wonderful news! Tell him to keep fighting! :cheer:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby copperlegend » July 20th, 2011, 10:21 am

I told him that for once, his stubborn attitude has come in handy ;) He was also in Desert Storm, was shot and was put in a medically induced coma, and now has an artificial heart valve. He's been through a lot of crap.

And there was a therapy dog there yesterday! A very cute little Sheltie, I think his name was Tobey.
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby amalie79 » July 27th, 2011, 10:55 am

Scored some 30lb bags of California Naturals "at cost"-- one regular chicken/rice and one low-fat I've been wanting to try it out with the girls, and it's one of the only ALS foods that I'm comfortable with the cal/phos ratios for a puppy, and the low-fat version would work for Robin's UTI/crystals/low mineral content needs. If everyone doesn't absolutely do miserably on it over the weekend or completely hate the stuff, I'm going back to the store to buy the rest of the bags!! Every little bit of savings counts right now!!
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby plebayo » July 27th, 2011, 4:06 pm

Sent a picture to Robert Pattinson to have it signed and got it back today!!!!

So exciting :D!!!!!!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » July 27th, 2011, 4:28 pm

plebayo wrote:Sent a picture to Robert Pattinson to have it signed and got it back today!!!!

And before I google it, he is..... ?????
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » July 27th, 2011, 4:33 pm

iluvk9 wrote:
plebayo wrote:Sent a picture to Robert Pattinson to have it signed and got it back today!!!!

And before I google it, he is..... ?????

x2 :confused: Joyce are we just old??? :wink:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby iluvk9 » July 27th, 2011, 5:42 pm

Apparently, Missy. :wave2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 27th, 2011, 5:46 pm

EEK!!! That's awesome!

And you old people, that's Edward (the main vampire) from the Twilight movies!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » July 28th, 2011, 12:57 pm

Well, thank you, Youngun. :)

I thought he was someone in Harry Potter. :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » July 28th, 2011, 10:07 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Well, thank you, Youngun. :)

Blasphemy! :crazy2:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » July 29th, 2011, 7:39 am

Hey, at least I knew it was an up to date story. :|
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Tubular Toby » July 31st, 2011, 3:25 pm

Forgot to mention that I am a Team Leader at my job now... and making more than I've ever made before! YAY
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby Tubular Toby » August 1st, 2011, 1:15 am

Two in one day! I was putting Toby's kibble in the Wobbler when I dropped a piece. I already had him in a sit and he went to eat the piece of food. I caught him right when his nose got to it and said "Leave it". Guess what?!?! He sat up and there it was, still on the floor! YAY jackpot Toby!
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » August 1st, 2011, 8:04 am

The new foster puppy is SUPER cute, super good, and super sweet. All adds up to super adoptable! lol

I'll have to get some pics...she's too cute not to share!

TheRedQueen

Postby hugapitbull » August 1st, 2011, 10:17 am

Tubular Toby wrote:Two in one day! I was putting Toby's kibble in the Wobbler when I dropped a piece. I already had him in a sit and he went to eat the piece of food. I caught him right when his nose got to it and said "Leave it". Guess what?!?! He sat up and there it was, still on the floor! YAY jackpot Toby!

What a good boy, Toby! Duke is learning 'leave it' now. He's doing remarkably well. The little things in life are so exciting :dance:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby plebayo » August 1st, 2011, 11:43 pm

Went horseback riding with a good friend today. We went to a huge tree farm that has logging road access. We had a great time [even though it was a little warm].

Most importantly Seth had a blast AND I made sure to bring him back home with me. :wink:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby pitsnok » August 1st, 2011, 11:53 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Well, thank you, Youngun. :)

I stick to this too, Joyce! He will forever be Cedric Diggory for me.

This didn't happen today, but I haven't shared some exciting things that have been going on lately!

I am going to be in my first group art show at a gallery! The opening is May 12th! It is at the gallery that I have been interning/volunteering at and I will be showing a few of my metal pieces. I am SO SO SO nervous because I only have a few pieces and am showing with some incredibly talented artists, but I am so excited anyway! I can only hope it's just the beginning for me!
(The guy who owns this gallery is going to be responsible for my whole career, I think! I seriously got SO lucky with the internship opportunity! )

I found out that I am finally graduating in December!! I have been working on my BA since fall 2005 (I only took one semester off.) and honestly never thought it would end! Of course now I am going to be going into panic mode because HOLY CRAP I have to grow up!! :shock: But I'm actually going to have a COLLEGE DEGREE!!! :woowoo:
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic