Thing(s) that made me happy today...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby jmashaney » September 23rd, 2008, 6:36 pm

I got my very own Verizon Broadband modem! High-speed internet access, anywhere I bring my laptop. I've been mooching off other people's computers all week, and not being able to blog has made me emotionally constipated! To celebrate, I just spent three hours on celebrity gossip websites. I'm so trashy.
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » September 23rd, 2008, 8:44 pm

airwalk wrote:I visited my new shelter today and it's beginning to look like we may make it by the end of the year.

WooHoo! I am SO glad it is all coming together for you!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » September 25th, 2008, 3:42 pm

I was having a pretty crappy week, but then received a wonderful compliment from a vendor about my effiency, and the work I do. Which really helped my day.
I then returned the favor to an employee at a fast food restaurant who was so pleasant despite the chaos around her. Her manager was exceptionally thankful to get a thanks call for once instead of a complaint, and it made me feel good too. I've decided to do that much more often. :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » September 25th, 2008, 4:51 pm

Jenn wrote:I was having a pretty crappy week, but then received a wonderful compliment from a vendor about my effiency, and the work I do. Which really helped my day.
I then returned the favor to an employee at a fast food restaurant who was so pleasant despite the chaos around her. Her manager was exceptionally thankful to get a thanks call for once instead of a complaint, and it made me feel good too. I've decided to do that much more often. :)

Congrats to you, Jenn! I think your passing the kindness to someone else was just terrific! I try to do that and it is amazing how when you give kindness, you seem to get more of it.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby demolitionic » September 25th, 2008, 5:38 pm

I dyed my hair. :mrgreen:
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby Malli » September 26th, 2008, 5:03 am

I had some very positive comments from my drama-rama soap opera job :) One of them because I helped save a life...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » September 26th, 2008, 6:24 am

demolitionic wrote:I dyed my hair. :mrgreen:

And the photos are coming?

Malli wrote:I had some very positive comments from my drama-rama soap opera job :) One of them because I helped save a life...

One of theirs or an animals?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » September 26th, 2008, 3:41 pm

a dog's. :) I mean, I pretty much do that every day, but this was more direct.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 26th, 2008, 4:05 pm

Um hello??? Post the story Mallika!

I got gas for $3.47 today. That's exciting.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby jmashaney » September 26th, 2008, 4:07 pm

I saw a job opening for 7th grade math in Kansas City that was posted Wednesday! Now, I may not get that job, but at least I know there are possibilities out there, and that I might find gainful employment when we relocate next month!!
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby Malli » September 26th, 2008, 4:19 pm

well then. :cheeky3:
Its pretty simple... We had an older cocker in, he had an immune mediated disease causing an attack on his blood cells, specifically Platelets and, it turns out, Red Blood cells. I hadn't been super fond of the dog or anything, but I do love animals and my job :) He had been obnoxisouly barking and it had stopped a few hrs prior. I noticed the tech in his kennel giving him a treatment with his catheter(IV), he had been guzzling water and she asked if he should have more, I brought more and noticed that he really fell to his side, and was kind of loosing his balance. He wasn't interested in his water, either (he's taking a high dose of Prednisone, wich should increase his thirst dramatically, he should be almost always thirsty). I took him out for a walk and he was still struggling, kind of staggering. I talked to the tech again, and decided to call his Dr. at home and most likely wake him up. My observations and the call I made lead to us testing his levels of red blood cells, this test told us that he was very anemic (low red cell count, amoung other functions, they bring oxygen to the body), and due to that, they monitored him closely and later that morning (or later overnight, wichever you pick), he recieved a blood transfusion to save his life :) His blood levels are holding and when I left he was doing well and acting obnoxious :D
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby cheekymunkee » September 26th, 2008, 5:07 pm

My back is spasming today & I have a very sweet pit bull boy trying his damndest to make it stop hurting. He cant reach it with his body but he has his big block head placed right on the cramp. :)
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby airwalk » September 26th, 2008, 8:21 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I got gas for $3.47 today. That's exciting.

$3.33 last night - YIPPEE
airwalk
I live here

Postby amazincc » September 26th, 2008, 8:48 pm

Beast gave me an honest-to-God black eye today... but he didn't break my nose. :| :dance:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby airwalk » September 27th, 2008, 9:19 am

amazincc wrote:Beast gave me an honest-to-God black eye today... but he didn't break my nose. :| :dance:

well that's definitly looking at it as a cup half full!
airwalk
I live here

Postby amazincc » September 27th, 2008, 4:17 pm

airwalk wrote:

Yup. :D

Never wrestle w/a Pit Bull and a new puppy at the same time. :shock: :doh:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby jmashaney » September 27th, 2008, 4:29 pm

OUCH!!
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby demolitionic » September 27th, 2008, 4:36 pm

amazincc wrote:
airwalk wrote:

Yup. :D

Never wrestle w/a Pit Bull and a new puppy at the same time. :shock: :doh:

SERIOUS FREAKIN OUCH!

I bet he feels awful :(
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 27th, 2008, 8:13 pm

Making collars with Kendell all day.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby maberi » September 27th, 2008, 8:15 pm

A great day with my new boy. Sitting on the tailgate on I-90 at the rest stop sharing a snack. It doesn't get any better

Life is good again
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic