Thing(s) that made me happy today...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby iluvk9 » June 30th, 2011, 5:58 am

plebayo wrote:Got my iphone wet at the beach, thought it was toast... put it in rice and ran a hot blow dryer over it and it's alive!
So, so thankful.

How long did you wait till you stuck it in rice??? Because a year or so ago, I dropped my phone into the washing machine. I scooped it out and dried it then read on the internet about the rice. I tried it, maybe 15 minutes later. Nadda. :bs: And, YES, I had rice in my house. It was brown rice. I wonder if that matters.... :|
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » June 30th, 2011, 9:36 am

iluvk9 wrote:
plebayo wrote:Got my iphone wet at the beach, thought it was toast... put it in rice and ran a hot blow dryer over it and it's alive!
So, so thankful.

How long did you wait till you stuck it in rice??? Because a year or so ago, I dropped my phone into the washing machine. I scooped it out and dried it then read on the internet about the rice. I tried it, maybe 15 minutes later. Nadda. :bs: And, YES, I had rice in my house. It was brown rice. I wonder if that matters.... :|

Well, first of all it got wet from being in my saddle bags for 3+hrs, it didn't get fully soaked, but I could see condensation on the lens of the camera. I initially thought something was wrong with the power button because it kept telling me to shut it off. It was several hours before I put it in rice. I put it in the rice overnight, woke up the next morning, used a blow dryer on it for 15mins or so, stuck it back in the rice. When I came home to take it to the apple store it was totally dry and back to normal.

Maybe in your case you killed your battery? I think drying it out only works if the phone is mildly damaged but I'm not sure :|
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Malli » June 30th, 2011, 12:45 pm

I think its really a shot in the dark, it'll depend on the phone and brand and what exactly happened....
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » June 30th, 2011, 2:36 pm

Mine was in the washing machine for a looooooong 15 seconds. I was only able to find it because the face was lit up. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » June 30th, 2011, 3:26 pm

The longer you leave it in the rice the better - but not less than overnight. Using compressed air to blow as much out as possible also helps.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby BigDogBuford » June 30th, 2011, 6:28 pm

The rice method didn't work for my phone but it had sat in water for an hour or so before I noticed it.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby mnp13 » July 1st, 2011, 1:35 pm

I don't think there is any saving a phone that has been under water for that long. All of the contacts would have shorted out and probably fried the battery as well.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby copperlegend » July 9th, 2011, 7:19 am

After a quick trip to the vet for Kia's heartworm test, I stopped by my parents' house. My mom, sister, aunt and grandmother were all there. Kia was an absolute superstar! She was gentle with my grandmother, and well behaved for everyone. My mom is not a dog fan at all, but she kept telling me how well behaved Kia is, and "why is she not adopted yet?" My mom even wanted to know how to tell her to sit and do a 'down', so they had some fun with that. So proud of my girl, if only she could behave that well in front of potential adopters!
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby amalie79 » July 9th, 2011, 3:14 pm

I am LOVING my new Nook Color and my new subscription to Whole Dog Journal that lets me read and download all the past issues... River and I did some little rally courses in her class on Thursday, and she rocked it... Look how happy she is!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

And I am slowly working my way through all the microbrews we brought back from Yellowstone.

If it weren't for the pounds those microbrews are packing around my mid-section, life would be pretty close to perfect this week! :D
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » July 10th, 2011, 12:31 am

Finally! I'm done with my week of busy days...15+ pet-sitting and dog-walking visits for the past 10 days...plus three boarding dogs and one foster. I'm exhausted...but finally done with the bulk of it! One more visit tomorrow, and only one boarder (who goes home tomorrow)

Yea!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby TheRedQueen » July 10th, 2011, 4:44 pm

Starting Tuesday...pet-sitting for cats, ducks and chickens! Fresh eggs! Yum!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby call2arms » July 10th, 2011, 9:38 pm

Exactly 3 weeks until my vacation. Let it be quick!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby SLS61185 » July 11th, 2011, 12:41 am

iluvk9 wrote:Mine was in the washing machine for a looooooong 15 seconds. I was only able to find it because the face was lit up. 8)

I dropped mine in the creek a few weeks ago and it was in there for a good 15 or 20 seconds before I realized it. Took it out and it was in rice within 5 minutes. You have to take the battery out and don't try and turn it on or off while you're doing it. Battery and phone need to be in the rice... Blah blah blah.

I put mine in and took it out of the rice several times over the next few hours... and everytime I turned it on things just kept getting worse... Finally I left it in the rice over night and the next day it was perfectly fine.

So it's been a few weeks now and you'd never even know it was ever in the water.
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby iluvk9 » July 11th, 2011, 6:29 am

SLS61185 wrote:
So it's been a few weeks now and you'd never even know it was ever in the water.

I was screwed from the moment it went into the washer. 8) I only had brown rice in the house....in case that mattered.....but it must have been too long in there. I only have a cell phone, so it was like my life was washing away. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby SLS61185 » July 11th, 2011, 12:47 pm

iluvk9 wrote:
SLS61185 wrote:

I was screwed from the moment it went into the washer. 8) I only had brown rice in the house....in case that mattered.....but it must have been too long in there. I only have a cell phone, so it was like my life was washing away. 8)

I don't think the brown rice makes a difference - because it still soaks up all the moisture and that's what you need it to do.
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TheRedQueen » July 11th, 2011, 8:56 pm

Finished my wedding necklace...I got a great dress, and wanted something fun and unique to wear with it...so I've been working on it for about a week and a half...finally got it finished tonight, found just the right beads to add to it tonight.

TheRedQueen

Postby iluvk9 » July 12th, 2011, 6:43 am

TheRedQueen wrote:Finished my wedding necklace...I got a great dress, and wanted something fun and unique to wear with it...so I've been working on it for about a week and a half...finally got it finished tonight, found just the right beads to add to it tonight.

Why don't you just wear your "PBT Calendar" outfit?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 12th, 2011, 7:02 am

Joyce, that's exactly what I said, too!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » July 12th, 2011, 8:28 am

Um...because I'm not sure I can: 1. fit in the PBT calendar dress 2. Move while in said dress, if it zips 3. wrangle a dog in said dress.

So I got a new dress (good reason, right?)...that looks like an old 50's party dress sort of...it's PINK. 8)

TheRedQueen

Postby iluvk9 » July 12th, 2011, 8:56 am

Personally, I have never been to a wedding where I had to wrangle a dog. A man, maybe, but never a dog.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic