Thing(s) that made me happy today...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Malli » November 15th, 2011, 2:36 pm

Tubular Toby wrote:My day was made by the religious group that came into work and a woman was clapping and snapping in time to the song 'Pumped Up Kicks'.

I just have to agree with this awesomeness :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SLS61185 » November 17th, 2011, 11:01 pm

Patch came home today :D
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » November 18th, 2011, 4:02 am

Yay!!!!!!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TinaMartin » November 18th, 2011, 10:39 am

SLS61185 wrote:Patch came home today :D

Thats great news!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby call2arms » November 22nd, 2011, 10:52 pm

Last week, a shepherd-husky-ish puppy fell off a 4th balcony of his foster home. The foster home assumed the puppy was dead cause it wasn't moving, and 15 minutes later realized the pup had vanished.
Some good samaritan found her, and brought her to work, and shortly after the foster home showed up - the SPCA was not going to put a penny in this puppy since if it had come at the SPCA that way, they'd have euthanized her.
The people who found her decided to take ownership and pay for treatments.
We robert-jones (super thick, tight) bandaged her totally fractured foot (4 digits broken clean at the 2nd phalanx) and got some good pain meds on board. The next day, the good samaritans brought her to the orthopedic surgeon and she got pins and screws and is all casted up. She was in today for a checkup (and a possible urinary infection).

She is doing fantastic (aside from the urination issue) and that made my day!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby call2arms » November 22nd, 2011, 10:52 pm

Last week, a shepherd-husky-ish puppy fell off a 4th balcony of his foster home. The foster home assumed the puppy was dead cause it wasn't moving, and 15 minutes later realized the pup had vanished.
Some good samaritan found her, and brought her to work, and shortly after the foster home showed up - the SPCA was not going to put a penny in this puppy since if it had come at the SPCA that way, they'd have euthanized her.
The people who found her decided to take ownership and pay for treatments.
We robert-jones (super thick, tight) bandaged her totally fractured foot (4 digits broken clean at the 2nd phalanx) and got some good pain meds on board. The next day, the good samaritans brought her to the orthopedic surgeon and she got pins and screws and is all casted up. She was in today for a checkup (and a possible urinary infection).

She is doing fantastic (aside from the urination issue) and that made my day!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby TheRedQueen » November 22nd, 2011, 11:44 pm

I certainly hope the SPCA doesn't use that foster home anymore...*sheesh*

Glad she's doing okay now!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » November 29th, 2011, 10:24 pm

Twenty four hours without a single spam registration!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 29th, 2011, 10:27 pm

Shush! You'll jinx it!!!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » November 29th, 2011, 10:52 pm

spamspamspamspam
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Malli » November 30th, 2011, 3:25 am

4 sleeps (soon to be 3!!) until Cabo San Lucas!
I am a jumble of feelings but mainly excitement!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby copperlegend » November 30th, 2011, 9:37 am

Aaron leaves for Florida tomorrow, until late Tuesday. It's his grandparents' 50th anniversary. I was invited, but declined, as I have no vacation days left. This way, I can take care of the dogs and cat, and clean the heck out of the house! Yeah, I'm pretty excited about this. So sad!
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby amalie79 » December 2nd, 2011, 2:36 pm

All that dieting is finally paying off. Miss River Dog has lost FIVE pounds. :D She is officially in the 60s :dance: :dance: :dance:
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » December 3rd, 2011, 12:01 pm

in seattle going to Mexico!! :)
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 9th, 2011, 8:54 am

My boss, who I've only had for 4 months, wrote this in my Christmas card:

"Thank you for everything this year. You have become the "can do" heart and soul of this tough transition. You have a great spirit and I am sure it will always serve you well. Thanks again."

That made me feel good.

And it's snowing, and even my prison looks pretty in the snow. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Hundilein » December 9th, 2011, 9:23 am

I just discovered that there are still four croissants in the freezer, meaning I can have a tasty breakfast at home this morning instead of having to grab something on the way to work.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby amalie79 » December 12th, 2011, 11:07 am

Trying to crate train River (almost 7 years old) just so we can rotate her and Luna a bit to work on each individually and get a little peace...

River just stole an empty cat food can off the kitchen counter and curled up with it in her crate to enjoy it in private.

That's success, right? lol

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » December 12th, 2011, 7:48 pm

I'd say so! :)
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby amalie79 » December 14th, 2011, 1:52 pm

Malli wrote:I'd say so! :)

Robin and Luna got snarky over a treat toy, and as I was handling that incident, River went to hide in her crate. Success and failure at the SAME TIME. 8)

Clearly, River's life has been missing the joys of having her very own room.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » December 14th, 2011, 5:34 pm

crate is becoming a safe place, a positive in my books! Safe to take pilfered treats, safe from chaos and stress... good stuff :)
E-I-E-I-O!

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic