Thing(s) that made me happy today...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby amazincc » August 13th, 2008, 9:49 pm

We have a thread like this on the turtle forum. :neener:

We've had our share of sad news on PBT lately... :sad2:
And not to take away from all who are mourning a loss or worrying about a loved one... four-legged, human, feathered, finned, shelled or nekkid :wink: ... but there has to be a little bit of "something" to balance it out as well.

The rules are simple:
You are not allowed to rant, rave (as in gripe), or complain.
You are only allowed to share some happy news, whatever that may be for you... it can, but doesn't have to be, dog-related! :D
Maybe it will be a keeper.

I'll start... :wave2:

Beast managed to ignore a gaggle of screaming children who were playing ball in our parking lot this afternoon. He kept his composure and walked nicely right next to me when we went outside for a potty break. :dance:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 13th, 2008, 9:57 pm

Well done!

Inara and I had a lovely evening - we spent an hour outside on the porch swing, reading and relaxing.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Hundilein » August 13th, 2008, 9:59 pm

Oooh, I really like this idea!

Along the lines of ignoring screaming children, Hannah and Renee only barked about 5 times when the neighbor kid came over tonight, and after that both dogs remained calm, even through a game of Cranium complete with giggling and shrieking and random noises that pre-teen girls make while having fun.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby Marinepits » August 13th, 2008, 10:01 pm

Watching Henry spin in circles on his toy made me laugh.

Playing flirt pole with both Shorty and Tucker, then watching them snore in the sun afterwards.

I moved Henry's cage this morning to another window and he discovered the hummingbirds. He watches them all the time now.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby amazincc » August 13th, 2008, 10:19 pm

Missy just e-mailed/texted me... she might get her new computer by Monday!!! Woohoo!!! :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby airwalk » August 13th, 2008, 11:13 pm

Watching Magic run with abandon after the tennis ball over and over again.

Watching Scooter play with a little Rotti pup.
airwalk
I live here

Postby muse » August 14th, 2008, 1:33 pm

Having people compliment me on how pretty Jesse is, then asking me what breed she is. :-)
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby Marinepits » August 14th, 2008, 4:17 pm

Finally finally FINALLY getting the two abandoned cats into a rescue!!! *huge sigh of relief!*
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby maberi » August 14th, 2008, 4:24 pm

It's almost Friday :|
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby Malli » August 14th, 2008, 4:39 pm

It IS friday today (for me at work, anyway) :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby demolitionic » August 14th, 2008, 4:40 pm

My new bed set (complete with 1000 TC Egyptian Cotton sheets), headboard, and nightstand are going to be delivered tomorrow. :mrgreen:
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby SisMorphine » August 14th, 2008, 4:46 pm

Today I stood in front of the foster cat's cage talking to a client on the phone, and Sassy the foster reached her paw out and just touched my chest and stared at me. Definitely put a smile on my face. She's such a sweet girl.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » August 14th, 2008, 4:51 pm

Snuggling with my 3 girls this morning ( Amanda, Ollie & Justice)
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby BigDogBuford » August 14th, 2008, 4:55 pm

I dropped my peanut butter toast on the floor and it landed peanut butter side up!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby SisMorphine » August 14th, 2008, 5:08 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:I dropped my peanut butter toast on the floor and it landed peanut butter side up!

That just made me burst out laughing because I know EXACTLY the feeling of exhileraton. lol
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby BigDogBuford » August 14th, 2008, 5:10 pm

SisMorphine wrote:
BigDogBuford wrote:I dropped my peanut butter toast on the floor and it landed peanut butter side up!

That just made me burst out laughing because I know EXACTLY the feeling of exhileraton. lol

Oh yes. At that moment, I knew it was going to be a great day!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby maberi » August 14th, 2008, 9:15 pm

Earl and I just went on our daily run and we (actually I, Earl could run faster without me) shaved 5 minutes off of our usual run :shock: I'm not sure exactly why but I didn't get winded at all today.

The kicker is I went to the dr. today for a nagging cough I have had for over a week and I have bronchitis. Is it possible bronchitis opens up your airway? I would think the opposite :|
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby TheRedQueen » August 14th, 2008, 9:31 pm

Inara made a brand new friend last night after puppy class. Just walked right over to a strange woman (unknown to her that is)...turned her butt to her and wiggled for butt rubs. *beaming*

I'm happy today because the dogs have big raw knuckle bones. They haven't had those for months (lazy mom)...and I love to see them chomping down and being dogs. Makes me very happy. They're in the dark now, just chomping away. Happy, happy, happy. :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 14th, 2008, 9:33 pm

I'm sitting here watching the Olympics, with Inara sprawled across my lap, all cuddly. I enjoy both activites very much. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby airwalk » August 14th, 2008, 11:14 pm

CINDER ATE, CINDER ATE OMG CINDER ATE
airwalk
I live here

Next

Return to Off-Topic