What to do .. ???

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Emi » April 19th, 2006, 10:05 am

What to do if a possium falls threw the roof of your closet and you live in Houston...

Don't call SPCA they won't help...

Don't call Human Society they won't help...

Don't call the Cops they are clueless ...

Don't call your apartment complex no one returns your calls...

Don't call any one cause no one has a clue any where in Houston...

Earl , took Percy's little house deal thing that he plays in and took a part of my vac and shoo'd it into that and took it out side and let it go ...

Another reason I hate Houston NO ONE knows what to do about any thing around here...

In the middle of the night when I was playing some game online and I thought Percy was just playing around, I heard this HUGE boom in the closet in the bedroom thought it was him playing in there , didn't think twice, and kept hearing noises in there till Earl woke up and went to look to see what we had to pick up and put away again ... well when he looked in there he could see a tail... a HUGE tail.. said it was to big for a rat ... it was a possium ... my god Percy was in there making friends with a flipping possium...

I'm glad Miss Dottie didn't see it she'd of gone ape @*&^ ...

Thank god no one was biten either ...
Last edited by Emi on April 19th, 2006, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » April 19th, 2006, 10:07 am

:eek1: I think it is time to MOVE when wild animals fall from your ceiling. :o
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » April 19th, 2006, 10:27 am

omg..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby mnp13 » April 19th, 2006, 10:30 am

holy crap...

I'd get him a rabies booster just in case.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Emi » April 19th, 2006, 10:33 am

I was thinking the same thing Michelle

And the frecking apartment complex isn't open yet , need to have them climb up there and find how it got in ...

And come and fix the hole in my closet roof ...
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Emi » April 19th, 2006, 10:39 am

hrm's I wonder if Percy thought "HOLY CRAP, that is one big mouse"
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Jenn » April 19th, 2006, 11:41 am

mnp13 wrote:holy crap...

I'd get him a rabies booster just in case.

lol, I swear sometimes I feel like a possum advocate. ;)

I have them by the tons along with coons and rabbits. I was worried about them being "dirty", rabies, etc. so I read a lot about them at this site.
http://www.opossumsocietyus.org/

Question: Do opossums carry rabies?

Answer: Any mammal can get rabies. However, the chance of rabies in an opossum is EXTREMELY RARE. This may have something to do with the opossum’s low body temperature (94-97º F) making it difficult for the virus to survive in an opossum’s body.

They are actually very clean animals. I did some research on them a while back. Maddie had took it upon her self one night to bring me one! :shock: I knew they were everywhere at the house, and I was quite shocked when she came bouncing up with a small one in her mouth. A friend of mine took it from her and put it down in his truck to haul it off. We were sitting there and the dang thing (thought it was dead) came alive and started moving around the truck. Freaked us out, though it was funny it was also sad and she had hurt it's back legs. It was unable to walk, so he had to kill it. I was so worried about her getting sick or something, she had no wounds and the possum didn't attack as they normally don't. They normally "play dead" as their 1st line of defense. Guess it didn't work that time. :(

I decided they could stay. Normally, I will see them on the porch scooping up something the cat might have left behind. They don't bother the outside cat at all, and I just do my best to keep the dogs far far away so they won't hurt them. Considering everything they eat, I decided I'd rather have them there anyday! Especially over the dang coons. :evil:

Of course, in your situation I'm sure you were freaked, but I wouldn't worry about the rabies. I can't imagine how it got in your closet since they can't jump (nevermind guess it could climb). Do you have any idea how it came in?
Jenn
undecided

Postby Emi » April 19th, 2006, 11:50 am

I've no idea how it got into the attic , but the guys came and fixed the part of the roof that fell in ...

Well thinking about it im sure Percy would of made some noise if he had gotten bitten ...

He is in the bedroom right now looking around for it ...

Prolly some hole up on the roof some where where it came in at ...

Now it's funny ... but at the time it wasn't ...

I'm just glad Dottie didn't see it cause I know her reaction when she seen one before ... oh boy ...

Thanks for the link interesting reading..
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby dogcrazyjen » April 19th, 2006, 1:10 pm

:shock:

Sounds like a pretty traumatic expirience for you and the 'possom!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby girlie » April 19th, 2006, 1:29 pm

Possum are just nasty, especially when your dog will bring them to you....like a present that they just couldn't wait to open, and they are just sooo excited that they throw it at you and stupid you tries to catch it, not realizing that this great present is already opened!!!!!

Ugh, sorry possum flashback.
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Return to Off-Topic