Botox Party, HUH??

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Jenn » April 14th, 2006, 12:20 pm

Surely I'm not the only person in the world who had no idea these "parties" existed? A very good guy friend of mine came over to visit the other evening. Along with him he brought his new girlfriend, date whatever they are. We were definitely total opposites with her "shut up your killing me", no ways, and oh my gods.. lol She was really sweet, and we got along great, though I laughed at her and she laughed at me. Sooo... She decided to invite me to a botox party. Her exact words "you've totally got to come with me to my sister's botox party, they would soooo love you, your a total riot and so cute".. :? LOL! I told her ~ your kidding right, what do you do? All sit around and get botox injections? No thanks, as I laugh hysterically and think silently this girl is total opposite of me and a possible quack!!
So this morning I find out ~ she was serious (thought she was just drunk) and dieing to bring me with her to this party. I decline, I'm really busy but thanks anyway. So, I get curious and look it up on the internet. YES people actually do this, they have botox parties. :shock:

I think she just wanted me to go strictly for the "country come to town" entertainment value! :ROFL2: Thought I'd share with "the class". ;) Am I the only one that didn't know, people are actually doing this?? lol
Jenn
undecided

Postby cheekymunkee » April 14th, 2006, 12:23 pm

Yes Jenn, yes you are. :wink:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » April 14th, 2006, 12:25 pm

Come to a party and get injected with botulism! Sounds like a good time to me!

Not.

I've considered getting the injections to help with my tension headaches, but I'm very up in the air on that one.

Who does the work at the 'party'?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jenn » April 14th, 2006, 12:31 pm

Seems a doctor performs all of the "work". From what I briefly read, it's considered the same, just a more comfortable environment.. The doctor's are able to boost their clientel, and offer a group discount.
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 14th, 2006, 12:39 pm

I've heard of them and I find them incredibly creepy and disturbing. *shudder*
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby dogcrazyjen » April 14th, 2006, 2:07 pm

No you aren't, I had never heard of it either. Of course I have never watched Friends, Survivor, or American Idol, I shop at Salvation Army, and my car has 175 k miles and is covered in dog hair. :rolleyes2:

I ain't got no class.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby panda » April 14th, 2006, 2:18 pm

I've heard of them, but the idea grosses me out as well as what's wrong with the face I have? It got this way naturally :lol3:
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby ellie@ny » April 14th, 2006, 2:49 pm

Can they help on dogs too??My dogs could use that,they got lots of wrinkles on their skull.......lmao! Maya says she will be a good girl,even close her eyes,just get the treatment.......... :wink:

Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby luvmyangels » April 14th, 2006, 5:18 pm

I had no clue there was such a thing. That is just too freaky.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby call2arms » April 17th, 2006, 1:34 pm

Ew. Lots of creepy ladies getting puffed up lips together... I can just picture them being all sore trying to drink tea and acting all normal... Weird.
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby SisMorphine » April 17th, 2006, 1:40 pm

That is definitely the first I've heard of it. Craziness. Creepiness.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Purple » April 17th, 2006, 2:07 pm

I've heard of it.....just wish I didn't. It's kinda creepy.....
Purple
I live here

Return to Off-Topic