People with muscle spasms..

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby pibblegrl » January 13th, 2006, 1:03 pm

I am wondering what, if any, meds you use.
Part of my fibromyalgia is also debilitating muscle spasms..I use flexeril..but I was wondering if there is something else out there that is any good.
I am also supposed to be taking Neurontin (gabapentin) for pain, but I have heard of some awful side effects and can't get up the balls to start taking it.
Plus I take Mobic, B-Vitamins, EFA's, and Darvocet.
I told my doc I want to stop the Mobic though....my arthritis doesn't bother me enough to be taking yet another thing everyday.
Candi

God created idiots as an endless source of amusement for the rest of us!
pibblegrl
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Hoyden » January 13th, 2006, 8:56 pm

I was on Neurontin for awhile and it did nothing for me. Just gave me an upset stomache unless I drank a glass of milk with it. I stopped taking it a while ago.

I only take flexeril when I really really need to because 5mg knocks me out. Forget Darvocet, I'll sleep for two days after taking the lowest dose.

Sounds like my doctors have given me all the same RX that you're taking to control the muscle spasms.

I finally stopped trying to control them with RX when Birdie started alerting. The worst part for me was falling when I was out alone, but Birdie lets me know in enough time to sit and be safe.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Return to Off-Topic