Is Your Town Haunted?

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby cheekymunkee » April 13th, 2006, 1:36 pm

A ghost is a supernatural being. I believe that there are no supernatural beings, from gods to demons to ghosts. I think it's fun to get wrapped up in the fantasy that maybe a place or thing is haunted, I don't really believe it to be true.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Malli » April 13th, 2006, 1:47 pm

I believe that a ghost is a memory or strong feeling wich gets "stuck" in a particular area when violent or intense event happens...

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SisMorphine » April 13th, 2006, 2:53 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Oh and for the record I am atheist & I don't believe in ghosts but I do believe I saw something that night. Maybe it was my mind "wanting" to see something. Who knows. :| I do find "ghostly" things & "haunted places" fascinating. I guess I believe more in "weirdness" than in "ghosts"

I'm in the same boat as you. My rational atheistic self says "bull twinkies" while the part of me that remembers the two times I really thought I saw . . . something . . . and has no idea what to make of it.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Hoyden » April 13th, 2006, 3:28 pm

Well, we are pagan and believe that at times a life force will either linger or return. It just doesn't go out like a light at the end of your life, it continues on.

When we lived in Italy, there were places that just really really freaked me the hell out.

Obviously there are going to be lingering spirits at the coloseum and other spots where gladitorial sports were held, those didn't bother me, it was the overwhelming sense of malice that some places hold that just drove me out.

We visited a convent/monestary on a hill outside of Rome that I literally walked into, turned around and walked out of and refused to go back into. I sat outside for 4 hours while everyone else finished the tour. The other girls from my dorm had nightmares for weeks.

Pompeii isn't as "haunted" as Herculaneum is. Pompeii knew what was coming, Herculaneum was thriving one minute, buried in ash the next. So there are still those that don't quite understand what happened.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Hoyden » April 13th, 2006, 3:43 pm

They missed the "chambers" in Putnam County New York.

Those are worth mentioning.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby GreddyGirl » April 14th, 2006, 7:20 am

Ontario - London - Eldon House - is haunted by a British army officer whose ghost appeared at a ball there minutes after he drowned in The Thames River Just below the Grounds of the house.

Ontario - London - H. B. Beal Secondary School - Some student and teachers say that there hear someone following them down the hall, on the third floor, they turn to see that nobody is there. Also some say that on the same floor, some have met and Old Woman, they see her walk down the halls.

Ontario - London - The Grand Theatre - Ambrose Small, owned the theatre in 1901 and on December 2, 1919, simply "disappeared". His ghost has haunted the backstage area of the theatre ever since.

Ontario - London - Our Lady of 115th Street - A ghostly figure in white appears in the main tower of the first catholic high school in the area. She is said to be the ghost of a nun who fell out of the tower while saying her rosary. She wasn't paying attention to the fact that she was running out of stairs, got to the top, and hit her head on the bell which the coroner believes rendered her unconscious and led to her fall. Now whenever the bell is rung, students report a cold breeze is felt in the hallways.

Ontario - London - Station Keg Steakhouse - It used to be an old railway station and now the staff sees the apparition of a tall man late at night. He seems harmless and disappears after you look at him. In the basement, fog often appears out of nowhere and there are reports of people peeking around corners. When someone goes over to look, no one is there.

Ontario - London - The old jailhouse - is supposed to be haunted by the ghost of Peg Leg brown a man that was hung there.
GreddyGirl
Confident Young Bully

Previous

Return to Off-Topic