A total FRAUD, and an insult to those who train their dogs!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby huskyhouse » April 11th, 2006, 10:45 pm

I don't know if any of you have ever heard about Scott Shields and his SAR Golden Retriever, Bear, but I found out some really disturbing info on this recently, and I think EVERYONE needs to know about this.

Mr. Shield wrote a book called "Bear, Heart of a Hero", an accounting about how he and this dog worked the 911 WTC disaster (along with countless other rescues he's made).

Turns out the entire book is FICTION, that dog was never a trained SAR dog, and not only does he sell this lie to the public, he had made thousands of dollars off of this for a profit, has gotten countless amounts of donations in the way of cash and goods, and has generally scammed the public and insulted those who truly worked to save lives at 911.

I've seen him and his new dog at various pet shows and events around NY, NJ and PA, the new dog, Theodore, is an absolute threat to the public as he is extremely dog aggro and has bit several people as well (two incidents that I saw personally).

You can see more information at http://www.scottshieldsfraud.com, and by all means, crosspost this anywhere you want, as he does get around the country pretty well perpetuating this crap.
huskyhouse
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby msvette2u » April 11th, 2006, 11:23 pm

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Maryellen » April 12th, 2006, 8:06 am

that guy is such a jerk..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby rockermom » April 12th, 2006, 8:23 am

Wow I saw a wonderful program on TV cant remember what the tv show was. This guy was on there talking about his dogs showed pictures at the 911 site. I thought the dog actually saved some police officers. Im going to check out the site you posted.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby rockermom » April 12th, 2006, 8:34 am

Acording to the site Msvette posted Bear was a 9/11 rescue dog. However that he did not spend 3 months there.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Return to Off-Topic