My new bass (boat)

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby DemoDick » April 10th, 2006, 10:32 pm

So I dragged Michelle to a music store tonight. I wanted to price some acoustic basses, as I've been thinking about getting one to take to camp (her Dad and his friends play guitar, but they have no bassist and I only have an electric).

Well, I spotted a gorgeous little Curbow electric right off the bat. After playing every acoustic in the store, I went back and got the electric. I got a little 70 watt amp to take to camp along with it. My stage rig is in storage on the other side of the country and is as big as a house anyway.

I'm ultra picky when it comes to guitars, but this one jumped right out at me. It felt right from the start, and I haven't even set it up yet. I can't wait to restring it and set the action.

The best part is the red flake metal finish. It looks like a bass boat!

Special thanks to Michelle who schmoozed the sales guy and got me $100 off the whole package.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby cheekymunkee » April 10th, 2006, 10:34 pm

That's really pretty!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Purple » April 10th, 2006, 10:38 pm

I like the red metal flake!
Purple
I live here

Postby Jesseca » April 11th, 2006, 12:08 am

Nice. I just started playing bass. My husband is teaching me. It's fun, I like it
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby SisMorphine » April 11th, 2006, 7:49 am

That is a beautiful bass. I used to play the bass . . . oh so long ago . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Romanwild » April 11th, 2006, 8:01 am

That's a nice one Demo! :D
Romanwild
I live here

Postby dogcrazyjen » April 11th, 2006, 8:26 am

Awesome bass-hey sounds like we have a lot of musicians here? Maybe we should plan on a pit bull band at the bullympics! The boyfriend with the mowhawk has to come sing for us :band:
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby DemoDick » April 11th, 2006, 1:46 pm

I set it up this morning. WOW. Ten years ago this thing would have run over $1000 and I got it for considerably less. I got a first run Ibanez Ergodyne in the late nineties and it was about $300 more than this Curbow. Technology has come a long way.

I love this thing. It sustains like a piano and plays easy. My downstairs neighbors are going to have a fit. :)

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby Jesseca » April 11th, 2006, 2:11 pm

Right on! :D Have fun
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Return to Off-Topic