Your next dog?

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Maryellen » April 7th, 2006, 3:59 pm

OMG he is gorgeous!!!

yep, i have seen their dogs.. i dont know them very well, got mixed answers on whether they were good or bad,, do you know them well? i would of course go to a reputable rescue as long as people know the rescue is good.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » April 7th, 2006, 4:01 pm

No, no I don't know them, if I were to seriously pursue this, I would have the shelter manager here keep an eye out for me.
Purple
I live here

Postby call2arms » April 7th, 2006, 4:03 pm

I love dobies... The only ones I know are big sucks. Not the working type at all...

If I was to get another dog, I think my boyfriend of 4 years would probably go crazy and dump me. 1 dog, 1 cat, 1 fish and 7 rats is more pets than he wishes for...

But I would get a Frenchie, a Boston or a Manchester Terrier, if I didn't get another pittie of course.
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby cheekymunkee » April 7th, 2006, 4:22 pm

Ok, I admit, I am a sucker for the frenchies too & I have always wanted a bull dog I could hold so I may end up going that way in the future, but I will still have a pitty. :)
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » April 7th, 2006, 4:40 pm

If anyone hears of a male Boston Terrier looking for a home, I'd like that to be my next dog!! :)
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby AllAmericanPUP » April 7th, 2006, 6:15 pm

I'd really like for my next dog to be a saint bernard, preferably a smooth, splash coat with a half mask :D
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby pocketpit » April 7th, 2006, 7:10 pm

I've owned and worked with a lot of different breeds. I love a great deal of them but I know what my breeds are.
Malinois, Dobermans, Aust. Cattle Dogs and Staffy Bulls. Any other dogs added to our crew or obtained in the future will be one of those four breeds.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » April 7th, 2006, 8:18 pm

AllAmericanPUP wrote:I'd really like for my next dog to be a saint bernard, preferably a smooth, splash coat with a half mask :D

not that you have been thinking about it or anything. lol
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Sariss » April 7th, 2006, 8:39 pm

My next dog is a Doberman. I've got the breeder picked out already. :)
Sariss
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby AllAmericanPUP » April 7th, 2006, 8:47 pm

mnp13 wrote:
AllAmericanPUP wrote:I'd really like for my next dog to be a saint bernard, preferably a smooth, splash coat with a half mask :D

not that you have been thinking about it or anything. lol

lol not at all
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » April 8th, 2006, 12:37 am

Well... a pit bull! :wink: A little pocket pit girl. :D Or a staffy bull, but I know they are hard to come by in rescue. Of course, any mutt is all good with me~ especially the black and tans, like a dobe or rott mix. ...or a big black german shepherd mix, or husky mix. lol

Okay, I'm not really picky, but I know I want a girl pittie as my next whenever that may be. :)

Edited to add:

SisMorphine wrote:If I wanted to hang out with the closed minded I'd be a republican.

:spit: :ROFL2:
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Jenn » April 8th, 2006, 12:46 am

I love my guys, but have learned so much I'm not sure that it will be a future breed for me. Just really don't know. Before Tucker was thrown in the mix (the mini Schnauzer) I was trying to find the right breeder of French Bulldogs, though I'm grateful that I didn't follow through. I think they are absolutely adorable and I'd love to have one. Then again I'd love to have a bullmastiff, I've always wanted one. My ex said that were horribly ugly, lol and no way so we went with the obvious. ;)
I'd like to maybe foster years from now, once my daughter is grown up more and my pups now leave me. I'd like to help, but not sure if I'm cut out for fostering. I fall too easily, and I'm too soft hearted when it comes to animals... :| So guess I don't really know, lol..
Jenn
undecided

Postby Hoyden » April 8th, 2006, 1:31 am

JennKBM wrote:I love my guys, but have learned so much I'm not sure that it will be a future breed for me. Just really don't know. Before Tucker was thrown in the mix (the mini Schnauzer) I was trying to find the right breeder of French Bulldogs, though I'm grateful that I didn't follow through. I think they are absolutely adorable and I'd love to have one. Then again I'd love to have a bullmastiff, I've always wanted one. My ex said that were horribly ugly, lol and no way so we went with the obvious. ;)
I'd like to maybe foster years from now, once my daughter is grown up more and my pups now leave me. I'd like to help, but not sure if I'm cut out for fostering. I fall too easily, and I'm too soft hearted when it comes to animals... :| So guess I don't really know, lol..

How is he by the way?
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Jenn » April 8th, 2006, 1:51 am

Mr. Ass? (Tucker) lol he's doing good. He definitely needs constant work, but he's doing great for the most part. I've got him to learn that he's not the alpha around here, though it's a constant chore.. lol Kennedy is learning how to deal with him much better, which is wonderful considering she seemed to think small dog means "baby"... He's a handful but for the most part a welcomed addition, learning daily. ;)

EDIT... I didn't call him "Mr. fanny"
Jenn
undecided

Postby Malli » April 8th, 2006, 3:35 am

but I'm not too sure that I want an indoor pony

:ROFL2:

lets see,

Minature or standard Bull Terrier

Cane Corso (in my dreams, I'd want rock solid temperment and health, so $$$)

Frenchie, I'm not normally a small dog person, but these guys have, like this "gusto" about them. And I loved it seeing that one do bite work in Chris' movie! :rock:

English Mastiff

Of course maybe an APBT or AmStaff

or a Staffy Bull

most likely it will be a Staffy Bull or Frenchie or mini BT, its hard enough trying to convince the bf who says "I never want another dog again" luckily he knows my feelings on this, so I've been told if I pick something smaller I might be more likely to get it...

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby dogcrazyjen » April 8th, 2006, 1:49 pm

Just to warn you, having a bull terrier is like having a toddler in the house for the rest of its life. I LOVE mine, she is my heart dog, and I do not think I will ever find another to fill her spot once she is gone (that is why she will never die.) However, you have to always be aware because they are not a working breed at all, they make pit bulls look like Goldens. They are stubborn little trolls who go OH lOOK...A_(fill in the blank)___!....See Ya! and off they go.

Tallulah's favorite word is MINE! right before she dives in and takes it, using force if necessary.

:D

Love my Louey!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 8th, 2006, 2:34 pm

I couldn't imagine not having any of mine around; they are such a HUGE part of my life.

It's APBT for me
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby call2arms » April 8th, 2006, 6:01 pm

Malli! You made me think of my worst sin- not putting Bt's on my list!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Malli » April 8th, 2006, 6:48 pm

dogcrazyjen wrote:Just to warn you, having a bull terrier is like having a toddler in the house for the rest of its life. I LOVE mine, she is my heart dog, and I do not think I will ever find another to fill her spot once she is gone (that is why she will never die.) However, you have to always be aware because they are not a working breed at all, they make pit bulls look like Goldens. They are stubborn little trolls who go OH lOOK...A_(fill in the blank)___!....See Ya! and off they go.

Tallulah's favorite word is MINE! right before she dives in and takes it, using force if necessary.

:D

Love my Louey!

umm... you just described Oscar! (read : he is an APBT or maybe a mix of that and a AmBull) He seems to be more of a challenge then the typical pit, or maybe I'm challenged LOL. Headstrong, pushy, rough and tumble, thats my boy!

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby olympianAB » April 9th, 2006, 12:56 am

next like in the next few yrs..Another AB..

but i always would love to an APBT around, a small one like my girl 33lbs.. LOL

or a staffy bull...
olympianAB
Just Whelped

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic