Your next dog?

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby PittieLove » April 9th, 2006, 10:52 am

i would get another pit bull or german shepherd dog, but many have to many health issues.
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jesseca » April 11th, 2006, 12:16 am

I would always like to have a bully around. You never know what's going to steal your heart though. I just hope I don't have to think about it anytime soon. I'll never have another doxie though. Geez, I love Peanut, but he is a pain.
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby panda » April 12th, 2006, 3:12 am

For me it will always be a pit bull. I have almost failed at rescue a few times because of these cute pit bulls I foster. If I could get rid off my son's dog ( to live with my son ) then I could keep Spud !

Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby rockermom » April 12th, 2006, 9:08 am

Im new at dog ownership. I took some time to think about this subject. When and if I ever get another dog. Which would hopefully be in like 15 years from now. ANd of course I will be older. I would probably get the dog that just comes to me. A nice calm quiet loving dog with short hair. Don't care about the breed. It would definately be an adult dog. I had the puppy experience, once is enough. And Rocky was easy. Got him at 4mos house trained in a day.
Maryellen-DRU is the best. Im not sure there is any rescue on earth like them. I know my dobe girl was meant to be at DRU for the life she deserves.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby rockermom » April 12th, 2006, 9:09 am

SHELTER DOGS are the best!
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby SisMorphine » April 12th, 2006, 11:44 am

Are we talking about the DRU that's out of NH? I always look at their webpage in hopes that the perfect Dobie for me will one day show up there.

So it's official, my next dog will be a Dutch Shepherd and will be coming home next week sometime.

The one after that will either be a Dobie or a Great Dane most likely. And probably won't be coming around for a while.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » April 12th, 2006, 11:45 am

Woohoo!! GLAD to hear it!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SisMorphine » April 12th, 2006, 11:47 am

cheekymunkee wrote:Woohoo!! GLAD to hear it!!

Trying not to hijak the thread, but I'm psyched! After he comes home I'll do some pictures and post them :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » April 12th, 2006, 11:51 am

:clap: :clap:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » April 12th, 2006, 11:53 am

YAYYYAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! way to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby pibblegrl » April 12th, 2006, 1:51 pm

Ok...my #1 pick is of course a pit bull..
BUT
If I had to choose another breed I would try to find a minature bull terrier to rescue...(or a regular one) I think the mini's are soooo cute.
Candi

God created idiots as an endless source of amusement for the rest of us!
pibblegrl
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Purple » April 12th, 2006, 5:29 pm

ohhhh, a minature bull terrier....how fun would that be?! YES!!!
Purple
I live here

Postby rockermom » April 12th, 2006, 6:13 pm

SisMorphine wrote:Are we talking about the DRU that's out of NH? I always look at their webpage in hopes that the perfect Dobie for me will one day show up there.

So it's official, my next dog will be a Dutch Shepherd and will be coming home next week sometime.

The one after that will either be a Dobie or a Great Dane most likely. And probably won't be coming around for a while.

Yes DRU in NH I sent a dobie there that was my first atempt at having a dog. Was being given up down the street. She needed a home for the third time. We tried for 2 mos to help her. Unfortunately we were not the right home. COngrats on your new dog. Try out DRU for your next dobie they have way more than what is on their site. Like 40 dobies or more.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Previous

Return to Off-Topic