The Forum Rant Thread!!! Come one, come all!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby call2arms » May 30th, 2011, 12:51 pm

I was supposed to go to a super nice mountain to hike with the dogs... The person with the carpower and directions ditched me BY EMAIL AT 6:45 THIS MORNING. Now it's fabulous outside, our first day of nice weather in over 2 weeks, and I'M STUCK HOME in the city with nothing to do but cleaning. I want to slice my throat!!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk


I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
User avatar
call2arms
Boys Stink
 
Posts: 2349
Location: sunshine, lollipops and rainbows everywhere...

Postby TheRedQueen » June 3rd, 2011, 12:10 am

*sigh* new pet-sitting client tonight...2 year old Siberian husky, lives with 6 young kids, on a small yard on a corner...behind an invisible fence. Here are some fantastic quotes: "he bites, but only playfully"; "he growls sometimes when we try to take food away from him, but I just stick my fingers in his mouth and he knows better."; "brace yourself because he likes to jump up and kiss on the mouth"; "we hired a trainer but it didn't work"; "he stays in the garage because he destroys stuff in the house."; "he can go in the backyard, but he's scared of the invisible fence...and is being a scaredy cat"; and my favorite: "I'll call while we're gone, because I'll worry...he's my baby."
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
User avatar
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.
 
Posts: 7184
Location: Maryland

Postby TheRedQueen » June 10th, 2011, 9:07 am

Another golden in my house, going great guns after an Aussie. Had to pry this golden off too...just like Vesta and Inara.

Honestly...this breed is not one I recommend for families with kids anymore.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
User avatar
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.
 
Posts: 7184
Location: Maryland

Postby mnp13 » June 10th, 2011, 9:10 am

TheRedQueen wrote:Another golden in my house, going great guns after an Aussie. Had to pry this golden off too...just like Vesta and Inara.

Honestly...this breed is not one I recommend for families with kids anymore.

You couldn't possibly be talking about a golden. It must be a long haired Pit Bull.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby TheRedQueen » June 10th, 2011, 9:10 am

mnp13 wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:Another golden in my house, going great guns after an Aussie. Had to pry this golden off too...just like Vesta and Inara.

Honestly...this breed is not one I recommend for families with kids anymore.

You couldn't possibly be talking about a golden. It must be a long haired Pit Bull.


lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
User avatar
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.
 
Posts: 7184
Location: Maryland

Postby plebayo » June 15th, 2011, 9:17 pm

I'm really tired of people with out of control dogs.

If your dog does not come when it is called, if your dog has a short attention span that doesn't include paying attention to you, if your dog generally does not listen when you tell it not to do something KEEP IT ON A LEASH!

I've been biking with my dogs for the last couple of weeks now and have had several dogs run up to us while we are biking. I almost hit the first one so I now jump off my bike and keep walking. No one apologizes for their dog's lack of obedience, or for their inability to pay attention to their dog. It seriously pisses me off. I shouldn't have to be inconvenienced because someone can't control their dog. This is why we're stuck with a leash law, because stupid people let their ill behaved dogs off leash.

Unless your dog will ignore other dogs off leash, come when called immediately, heel next to you when asked, YOUR DOG NEEDS TO BE ON A LEASH! If your dog has no self control and their recall disappears once they are free THEY SHOULD BE LEASHED!

/end rant ugh!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
User avatar
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare
 
Posts: 942
Location: Oregon

Postby TheRedQueen » June 19th, 2011, 9:22 am

I had two lovely loaves of bread from the farmer's market yesterday. I *had* them, until I awoke to find that the visiting labador had eaten one of my loaves of bread during the night. I'm ready to KILL him.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
User avatar
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.
 
Posts: 7184
Location: Maryland

Postby iluvk9 » June 19th, 2011, 9:40 am

Hey. Labs get hungry.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!
 
Posts: 14900
Location: New York

Postby TheRedQueen » June 19th, 2011, 2:11 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Hey. Labs get hungry.


How can he still be hungry after he ate two sleeves of saltines, a package of rice cakes, a foil package of cat food and a paper plate the day before?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
User avatar
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.
 
Posts: 7184
Location: Maryland

Postby hugapitbull » June 19th, 2011, 3:17 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:How can he still be hungry after he ate two sleeves of saltines, a package of rice cakes, a foil package of cat food and a paper plate the day before?


You are suppose to give them dog food Erin :neener:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
User avatar
hugapitbull
The Better Half
 
Posts: 1570
Location: My heart lives at Rainbow Bridge

Postby plebayo » June 20th, 2011, 1:24 pm

Ugh.

So, finding a good horse shoer/farrier is really hard. I've found a guy that does good work, but he's robbing me of money. If I wasn't doing a bunch of house sitting right now I wouldn't be able to afford to put shoes on my horse.

He charged me $95 for 2 fronts - one of which he had to also add special glue, for any other farrier they charge $110 for a set of 4 regular shoes. He did not reset her back shoes, she pulled out one nail - which he removed. Then she pulled that shoe 2 days later. He is coming out tomorrow and is going to charge me $68. So total for all four shoes is $163! :puke:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
User avatar
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare
 
Posts: 942
Location: Oregon

Postby Tubular Toby » June 21st, 2011, 1:34 am

Just found a brown recluse/fiddleback in my shower... It was nearly dead... but I'm still wigged out. I got over my fear of spiders, except for those buggers. I did research it though and most bites don't have horror movie reactions...
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 521
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma

Postby pitsnok » June 21st, 2011, 9:05 pm

My grandpa almost died from a brown recluse bite... he is an OSBI agent and on a bust he was laying in the woods and thought a pine needle poked him... he was in the hospital for like two weeks and had weak/dizzy spells for at least ten years... i'm pretty sure he had a huge 'wound' on his shin from it, too.

BUT, you are correct, most of them aren't that serious. His was because it was a LOT of hours before he ended up getting medical help.


and um... sorry for being less-than-helpful... :smileUp:
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom


"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
User avatar
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 365
Location: Edmond, OK

Postby TinaMartin » June 21st, 2011, 9:31 pm

To the less than sterling dog owner down the street...KEEP YOUR TWO POUND RAT OUT OF MY BACK YARD!!!!!! If Gator were to get a hold of it there wouldn't be enough to put back together..
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
User avatar
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer
 
Posts: 1240
Location: Rochester NY

Postby Tubular Toby » June 21st, 2011, 9:36 pm

pitsnok wrote:My grandpa almost died from a brown recluse bite... he is an OSBI agent and on a bust he was laying in the woods and thought a pine needle poked him... he was in the hospital for like two weeks and had weak/dizzy spells for at least ten years... i'm pretty sure he had a huge 'wound' on his shin from it, too.

BUT, you are correct, most of them aren't that serious. His was because it was a LOT of hours before he ended up getting medical help.


and um... sorry for being less-than-helpful... :smileUp:


....... LOVELY. Haha!
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 521
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma

Postby mnp13 » June 21st, 2011, 10:54 pm

wow... the dress shop DIDN'T NOTICE that one of the wedding party's dresses didn't arrive with the rest of the shipment for the bridal party on May 26. They didn't get the problem straightened out until last week (their error, the dress was ordered and paid for the first week in February.) But don't worry, the dress will be here in four weeks! And for those of you counting, the wedding is in four weeks. AND to top it off, the shop owner repeatedly told the attendant NOT to tell me there was a problem!!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby call2arms » June 22nd, 2011, 12:10 am

This morning, I was doing teatments on an hospitalized cat. He seems fine, but a bit terrorized. I perform his whole examination (including thermometer you-know-where), not batting an eyelash. Someone entered the treatment room, he freaked out, tried to jump off the table - he's got an IV in his front paw - so I hold him back, he turns back and bites me, falls on the floor, and me (being stupid and hard-headed) still tried (and at least succeeded) to catch him.

At the price of 2 gnarly puncture wounds on my left (top and inside) thumb, 3 on my right ring finger, 2 on my right palm, and multiple scratches on my forearm and knee. At some point while he was biting be, I heard or felt something crunching in my hand... I'm already on antibiotics (yay beef-flavored clavaseptin) and my stomach is really upset. I'm really hoping I don't have to spent the day at the hospital tomorrow, hopefully the 30 minutes surgical scrub after the incident and the 15 minutes in hibitane/water soak tonight will help avoiding that.

Need I mention I don't like cats? (mine is cute but he has no teeth left)
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk


I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
User avatar
call2arms
Boys Stink
 
Posts: 2349
Location: sunshine, lollipops and rainbows everywhere...

Postby plebayo » June 22nd, 2011, 12:24 am

call2arms wrote:This morning, I was doing teatments on an hospitalized cat. He seems fine, but a bit terrorized. I perform his whole examination (including thermometer you-know-where), not batting an eyelash. Someone entered the treatment room, he freaked out, tried to jump off the table - he's got an IV in his front paw - so I hold him back, he turns back and bites me, falls on the floor, and me (being stupid and hard-headed) still tried (and at least succeeded) to catch him.

At the price of 2 gnarly puncture wounds on my left (top and inside) thumb, 3 on my right ring finger, 2 on my right palm, and multiple scratches on my forearm and knee. At some point while he was biting be, I heard or felt something crunching in my hand... I'm already on antibiotics (yay beef-flavored clavaseptin) and my stomach is really upset. I'm really hoping I don't have to spent the day at the hospital tomorrow, hopefully the 30 minutes surgical scrub after the incident and the 15 minutes in hibitane/water soak tonight will help avoiding that.

Need I mention I don't like cats? (mine is cute but he has no teeth left)



I feel you pain!!! I would be content to work in a dog only clinic. Cats are just waaaay too flexible and quick.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
User avatar
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare
 
Posts: 942
Location: Oregon

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 22nd, 2011, 7:34 am

Yikes. Cat bites and scratches are horrible.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
User avatar
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing
 
Posts: 15437
Location: Cleveland, OH

Postby TheRedQueen » June 22nd, 2011, 8:58 am

Ugh...hope you heal up soon!

This reminds me...I met with a new cat-sitting client last week. He's a big swaggering boy, very friendly and confident. Came to me straight off for petting and sniffs. :dance: A very nice boy. Many cats that I visit hide and won't come out to visit me.

The owner told me in a worried tone, that she had to warn me that he's capable of hissing and scratching. He went to the vet, and hissed and scratched and growled. So the vet told her that she needs to warn anyone that the cat comes in contact with, that he could be vicious. I said..."well, any cat can...regardess of history...and many cats are like that at the vet, but not at home." She said that the vet told her..."no, all our cat clients are wonderful when they come in here, only this cat hisses and scratches us."

I don't know what kind of vet doesn't run across nasty cats every so often...and I've never heard of a vet warning the owner like this... :crazy2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
User avatar
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.
 
Posts: 7184
Location: Maryland

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users